What's new

Bane Pre-Release General Discussion Yhread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
also it's hard to tell if the elbow is actually unsafe going from the footage we have .. i mean the only true gameplay was from tyler and he doesn't perform well on livestream (like forgetting to block at times) if we got someone who plays bane in and out and doesn't choke minute pressure we'd know more on it ...

Thingy

Retired account
also it's hard to tell if the elbow is actually unsafe going from the footage we have .. i mean the only true gameplay was from tyler and he doesn't perform well on livestream (like forgetting to block at times) if we got someone who plays bane in and out and doesn't choke minute pressure we'd know more on it ...
It was really unsafe in that gameplay from Tyler. Dereck punished it easily once from what I remember.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
It was really unsafe in that gameplay from Tyler. Dereck punished it easily once from what I remember.
like i said tyler dosent perform well, hell he kept using it without even popping venom so dereck punishing tyler isnt a fair assessment

also i just watched it over again....dereck gets a suspect punish after tyler throws an elbow drop early in the fight...then trades with another winning the trade because tyler didnt even go lv1 venom (most of the punishes and full combos were from his poor timing of the bane bomb) shame no one who really plays him was allowed to do a breakdown like ketchup and mustard did with a few chatacters :/

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Maybe I need to watch more footage or maybe someone here knows, when I2 Bane is in debuff, do his normals also look slower or is it just me?

Thingy

Retired account
Maybe I need to watch more footage or maybe someone here knows, when I2 Bane is in debuff, do his normals also look slower or is it just me?
Yup. He gets slowed movement, floaty jumps, does less damage, and takes more damage...which is the only thing that bothers me about Bane in this game. Personally I wish they would have kept debuff like Injustice 1, but with longer cooldown than his final version.
Why are people so scared of not having a safe move? Sorry to break it to you but no more hitting B and mashing bf2 with your eyes closed.
I do not have an issue with him losing some of his safe moves at all, but debuff is gonna hurt bad. But I will adapt to it. We just have to play VERY conservative on debuff.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Is there kinda a cliff notes from what bane has gained/lost from igau to inj2? Haven't kept up with all the bane stuff.

Double punch is now an unsafe elbow drop
Debuff is longer and slow seems to hit harder
f2 has cancel options and f2d has more options
Cmd grab now isn't a backbreaker (looks like mb swaps sides)
MB upper cut isn't safe, has a air throw for the mb

very abbreviated version lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This keeps getting better lol. Does anyone know what B23 is on block as if now and if we still have F2D3 and if 112D has all three of the F2D follow ups out of it?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
This keeps getting better lol. Does anyone know what B23 is on block as if now and if we still have F2D3 and if 112D has all three of the F2D follow ups out of it?
I saw 112D2 and 112D3 in the movelist so I'm assuming 2D3 and 2D2 still exist. I never saw 112D1+3 though.

Thingy

Retired account
"Early impressions of Bane are that he's Yolo AF, Powerbomb is always superior to Back stomp, don't expect to be breaking any backs" - https://twitter.com/BiohazardCMNDR/status/862354412399980544
This is the fourth pre release opinion I have seen on Bane, this one more vague than the ones I got from reputable players on Twitch chat about Bane...pretty much everyone is saying he is garbage.

the feedback coming out seems to be matching my eye test of the character. disappointing to say the least.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I don't know why the guys took away Bane's back breaker move. It was huge to his gameplay in IGAU and animation wise it was one of the most enjoyable moves to ever do in any fighting game I played.

Please bring back the backbreaker.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This is the fourth pre release opinion I have seen on Bane, this one more vague than the ones I got from reputable players on Twitch chat about Bane...pretty much everyone is saying he is garbage.

the feedback coming out seems to be matching my eye test of the character. disappointing to say the least.
I cant say Im surprised the steroetypical Bane players that did nothing but D1xxspecial, D2xxspecial, and raw DP and mb venom upper on block all day find him yolo now that his meterless armored reversals can actually be baited. Sucks if they dont know how to use the rest of the characters many rediculously strong tools because they relied on safe armor 20x in a row on block. I saw this coming from a mile away but its ok, Ill hold down the fort.

Thingy

Retired account
I cant say Im surprised the steroetypical Bane players that did nothing but D1xxspecial, D2xxspecial, and raw DP and mb venom upper on block all day find him yolo now that his meterless armored reversals can actually be baited. Sucks if they dont know how to use the rest of the characters many rediculously strong tools because they relied on safe armor 20x in a row on block. I saw this coming from a mile away but its ok, Ill hold down the fort.
I think the problem will be that other characters will have the dirty stuff while Bane gets "normalized" in every way because he was broken AF in the last game.

Bane will be fun to play regardless, and if he is bad, we'll get some of that NRS love sooner or later. Ultimately investing time in him will pay off. So I will man that fort with you dude.

Are you seriously lumping Biohazard into a group that you are essentially calling scrubs? He is one of the only Bane players that achieved any kind of tournament success with him, along with Max and Grr.

More damage is always great. I'm not too worried about being unsafe on a variety of moves. We have to think a little more and that's not bad. I feel Bane will benefit more from what they are doing with the rest of the cast and mechanics such as mb roll than what they are doing with him directly. Also Bane with a full stock of meter completely changes how you have to play against him and we will have plenty of that since we won't be wasting it on mindless mb venom uppercut.

Status
Not open for further replies.