What's new

Bane Pre-Release General Discussion Yhread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yo this is very important, plsss test this
I'm not home now but he had some plus stuff, b21 is +3, f1 is +7, f2D2 is also plus. F3 is plus a fuckton too, b3 is barely plus. Don't quote me on these i'll get the actual numbers later this is off of memory lol.

Lots of strings tick into throw. D1 and d2 included, both are negative. I'll give you exact numbers when I'm home. I'll get your stuff too Wetdoba and SonicNinja

Also you can do b23 into throw to tick so you're not a total sitting duck. I also havent tested charge's safety but it's quicker so it might be an option.

Last edited:

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Sounds a lot like Inj1 frame data which is good. D1 was plus on block tho so that's a little disappointing. But as long as his frame traps are still intact, I think he could be fine.

Only reason I'm going to miss safe bf2 is because it was good for stuffing wakeups and also covered jump and most backdashes. Getting continued pressure if they blocked it was too much tho so I can see why they changed it. MBF3/B3 isn't the worst replacement tho.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Omg, just watched the combos... you can get a S1 after two B23's now?

@TrulyAmiracle can you record 2 combos real quick with no venom and then again full at level 3 venom the whole time:

- JD3, B23, B23, 123 xx mb venom upper
-JD3, B23, B23, 123 xx air grab

Also one more question, can you do B23 and then dash under and continue the combo?
You always could. Even in IJ1 you could do b.23 b.23 123

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Guys want me to test anything? Bane is tight, he's just different.
- b.1 frame data
- how far does command throw reach?
- does b.11 on hit link into charge?
- 22 hard knockdown?
- body splash in the corner, does it still screw around with block?
- can you anti-air with D.2 into b.3?

Also please record, if you don't mind, the following combos:

Body splash -> 113xxMB B.3 -> j.2 -> 12xx MB upper

B.11 MB. B3 -> j.2 -> d.2 -> 223xxring slam

Body splash -> 112.dxxb.b.MB -> j.2 -> b.112xx ring slam

B.23 b.1 b.1 112.d.xxMB Upper (Corner)

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
d1 is 11f/-2
d2 is 12f/-9

Plus strings are f1 (+7), 112D2 (+2), 113 (+2), b21 (+3), f2D2 (+2), f3 (+5)

112dash cancel forward gives you a free punish if they try to backdash in the gap.

bf2 is a surprisingly awesome anti-air, it'll catch jumps that aren't even close to it, magnetic elbow tech.

Also I can't remember if it was like this but you can do splash as soon as you jump and it'll be active all the way through. Infinite active frames lol.

- Are F2D2 and F2D3 still safe on block?
- F2D you can get to auto correct on side switch moves like teleports and cross overs so youre saying if you hold it until they switch it will autocorrect yes? Can you record a level F2D xx Super on super girls wake up tele at level 3?
- for the corpse hop thing were talking about being able to dash over their body after 113 charge and F1d charge on hit
- are armor frames on F2, F2D, and specials still projectile immune at level 3?
-F2D2 is +2, F2D3 is -5
-Once F2 is held and they teleport or jump over it doesnt autocorrect, no. Can't get it to work
-I still don't understand this, so 113 charge then dash? he does the fist clench pose (if the charge hits) so no he can't dash over. If the charge whiffs on he runs over them he runs full screen with a long pause, probably punishable by lots of characters.
-Yes that's still there.

Not bane related but have you found out what the frame data option in training mode does? Been waiting to find out for ages.
I can't find this, where exactly is the frame data option?

Is b23 123 grab a thing still? Isn't that string still in?
Also -29 is insane. I don't plan on playing Bane too much but the community whines so much about double digit plus but I don't understand why they're ok with double digit -
Yeah that combo works. And yeah I agree it's insanely punishable considering the reward on it.

- b.1 frame data
- how far does command throw reach?
- does b.11 on hit link into charge?
- 22 hard knockdown?
- body splash in the corner, does it still screw around with block?
- can you anti-air with D.2 into b.3?

Also please record, if you don't mind, the following combos:

Body splash -> 113xxMB B.3 -> j.2 -> 12xx MB upper

B.11 MB. B3 -> j.2 -> d.2 -> 223xxring slam

Body splash -> 112.dxxb.b.MB -> j.2 -> b.112xx ring slam

B.23 b.1 b.1 112.d.xxMB Upper (Corner)
b1 (17f/-5)
It goes pretty far, catches from start of the game even if you back a few steps then do it.
b11 charge combos
Yeah 22 is face down hard knockdown, can dash and block any wakeup after.
Kinda of, got it to twitch a few times but it's like a 1/20 ratio. For the most part it's normal.
Yeah d2 to b3 works but it needs to super high and it's really tight. f3 is easier and more consistent

I recorded the combos, ring slam doesn't really work off of anything midscreen aside from 11, d2 into 223 is super finicky and only works in the absolute corner.
Double b1 doesn't work, and the 112D doesn't connect so I did 113 instead.

Omg, just watched the combos... you can get a S1 after two B23's now?

@TrulyAmiracle can you record 2 combos real quick with no venom and then again full at level 3 venom the whole time:

- JD3, B23, B23, 123 xx mb venom upper
-JD3, B23, B23, 123 xx air grab

Also one more question, can you do B23 and then dash under and continue the combo?
First combo is 452, 588 with lvl3
Second is 429, 558 with lvl3

Bane's dash goes crazy far and is a bit long, can't connect anything after the dash even in the corner.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
d1 is 11f/-2
d2 is 12f/-9

Plus strings are f1 (+7), 112D2 (+2), 113 (+2), b21 (+3), f2D2 (+2), f3 (+5)

112dash cancel forward gives you a free punish if they try to backdash in the gap.

bf2 is a surprisingly awesome anti-air, it'll catch jumps that aren't even close to it, magnetic elbow tech.

Also I can't remember if it was like this but you can do splash as soon as you jump and it'll be active all the way through. Infinite active frames lol.

-F2D2 is +2, F2D3 is -5
-Once F2 is held and they teleport or jump over it doesnt autocorrect, no. Can't get it to work
-I still don't understand this, so 113 charge then dash? he does the fist clench pose (if the charge hits) so no he can't dash over. If the charge whiffs on he runs over them he runs full screen with a long pause, probably punishable by lots of characters.
-Yes that's still there.

I can't find this, where exactly is the frame data option?

Yeah that combo works. And yeah I agree it's insanely punishable considering the reward on it.

b1 (17f/-5)
It goes pretty far, catches from start of the game even if you back a few steps then do it.
b11 charge combos
Yeah 22 is face down hard knockdown, can dash and block any wakeup after.
Kinda of, got it to twitch a few times but it's like a 1/20 ratio. For the most part it's normal.
Yeah d2 to b3 works but it needs to super high and it's really tight. f3 is easier and more consistent

I recorded the combos, ring slam doesn't really work off of anything midscreen aside from 11, d2 into 223 is super finicky and only works in the absolute corner.
Double b1 doesn't work, and the 112D doesn't connect so I did 113 instead.

First combo is 452, 588 with lvl3
Second is 429, 558 with lvl3

Bane's dash goes crazy far and is a bit long, can't connect anything after the dash even in the corner.
Thanks for doing all this btw.

For 113 charge corpse hop you should be able to dash over them after the fist clench animation, thats how it worked in I1. For the F2D autocorrect you have to hold 2 then input the D part after they switch sides and it should turn him around, really hope this still works. Bane is looking really really fun tho compared to the first game

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Thanks for doing all this btw.

For 113 charge corpse hop you should be able to dash over them after the fist clench animation, thats how it worked in I1. For the F2D autocorrect you have to hold 2 then input the D part after they switch sides and it should turn him around, really hope this still works. Bane is looking really really fun tho compared to the first game
All good, Bane is the only legacy character I like that made it to i2 so he was gonna be my first labbed character anyway.

Ah I see, yeah no corpse hop or autocorrect f2.. can't get either of them to work. Seems his dash doesn't go over knocked down opponents anymore.

It should be in the practice options in training mode, I remember seeing multiple times on stream and I'm sure other people have asked at some points but we haven't got any info.
Ain't there man, just checked again.

Nice combos. Sucks that b.112 doesn't close launch anymore.
Actually I just redid the same combo but with j1 instead of j2 and ring slam worked... but it has less range and all his strings seem to knock people further.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
All good, Bane is the only legacy character I like that made it to i2 so he was gonna be my first labbed character anyway.

Ah I see, yeah no corpse hop or autocorrect f2.. can't get either of them to work. Seems his dash doesn't go over knocked down opponents anymore.

Ain't there man, just checked again.

Actually I just redid the same combo but with j1 instead of j2 and ring slam worked... but it has less range and all his strings seem to knock people further.
Hmm, mind recording and showing? There's something I wanted to confirm, I'd appreciate a visual aid (if you don't mind)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Actually I do have some words to pass along from sir Bio himself.

According to him, Ring Slam is our go-to finisher now. The damage is immense, and we aren't minus infinity like we used to be.

Our combo gravity has changed a bit, meaning new potential combos are possible where they weren't before.

We can no longer cancel f.2 hold into super. Sad times.

Unless you're trying to run out the timer, 12xxvenom upper MB isn't really worth the bar.

In the corner, 123 venom upper MB is our best metered option.

Our highest damage BnB at the moment midscreen is j.d.3 112.d.xxMB b.3 j.3 123xxring slam which at level 3 I believe does somewhere in the neighborhood of 75% or so?

Don't worry, Bane is still really good. His back stomp isn't great, but the meterless version is decent (low damage). Bane Bomb is gravy.

Don't go level 3 unless you're ending the round or fighting someone who can't get in, those 13 seconds are no joke. Level 2 is optimal since thats runnable with 1 combo.

Actually I do have some words to pass along from sir Bio himself.

According to him, Ring Slam is our go-to finisher now. The damage is immense, and we aren't minus infinity like we used to be.

Our combo gravity has changed a bit, meaning new potential combos are possible where they weren't before.

We can no longer cancel f.2 hold into super. Sad times.

Unless you're trying to run out the timer, 12xxvenom upper MB isn't really worth the bar.

In the corner, 123 venom upper MB is our best metered option.

Our highest damage BnB at the moment midscreen is j.d.3 112.d.xxMB b.3 j.3 123xxring slam which at level 3 I believe does somewhere in the neighborhood of 75% or so?

Don't worry, Bane is still really good. His back stomp isn't great, but the meterless version is decent (low damage). Bane Bomb is gravy.

Don't go level 3 unless you're ending the round or fighting someone who can't get in, those 13 seconds are no joke. Level 2 is optimal since thats runnable with 1 combo.
That's cool about ring slam; I always liked it from an aesthetic standpoint. Bio also said on twitter that it's a great anti-air now, so the increased damage only helps in that regard.

What is Banes base health value?
Apparently it doesn't matter, because all characters' health and defense stats combine to a total of 1950 (except Darkseid who has 1900), so everyone takes the same percent damage from attacks. Basically, everyone has the same health in tournament play.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I can't wait to find the new gameplan for Bane, as injustice 1 had it, just get in and mix them up with overhead or grab while not caring about their buttons.

Everything being unsafe now, and having us not risking lvl 3 from fear of geting 100% comboed in the 13 second debuff, I'm having a hard time picturing what one would do after getting in.

I'm focusing hard on b1 mindgames and f2d grab 50-50 es, but those don't involve armor at all so I can't imagine the use of his trait other than damage, which is lame.
Also his buttons were never that good, nobody will just stand there and let you press b1 or b2.

Goddamit i need the game i'll probably dry up inside until I get it :(

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Apparently it doesn't matter, because all characters' health and defense stats combine to a total of 1950 (except Darkseid who has 1900), so everyone takes the same percent damage from attacks. Basically, everyone has the same health in tournament play.
But in Tom Bradys aquaman vid he shows 500 damage combos doing slightly less than half health on Grodd because he has 1050 health

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Man, -5 on B1 makes me sad. @M.D. It's not as good as DP (slow af) but you can substitute for MBF3. It's safe, overhead and gives a combo if it hits. Not as good an option, but it's something.

I really wish they could've found a way to balance DP. Getting continuous safe pressure while venom was up was BS but having a fast and relatively safe wakeup option was nice. Gonna miss that.

Man, -5 on B1 makes me sad. @M.D. It's not as good as DP (slow af) but you can substitute for MBF3. It's safe, overhead and gives a combo if it hits. Not as good an option, but it's something.

I really wish they could've found a way to balance DP. Getting continuous safe pressure while venom was up was BS but having a fast and relatively safe wakeup option was nice. Gonna miss that.
I feel like they could have balanced it better and kept it safe. Elbow drop already moves Bane back several feet rather than keeping him point blank like DP did. That added space combined with it being -8 or so would be enough to deny him followup pressure while keeping him safe against anything that's not a super fast advancing reversal special. -29 is just absurd and makes the move kind of useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.