What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
When Batman and Sinestro full combo punish you for using Double Punch, you'll know my pain.
Sinestro is bad but I mean level 3 venom and just f.2 DC your way in, whats he got for wake-up outside of araknid?

Batman punishes if he has bats on hand at the time, also double punch is neutral on guard to my rememberance.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sinestro is bad but I mean level 3 venom and just f.2 DC your way in, whats he got for wake-up outside of araknid?

Batman punishes if he has bats on hand at the time, also double punch is neutral on guard to my rememberance.
His rock doesn't count as a projectile. Rock~trait shuts you down pretty much. Two traits do the trick just as well, and it's not like Bane can discourage trait charging from a distance.

Double punch is still -5. Sinestro can just frame trait~d.1 and punish you. Or trait, anything really. Bats are 3 frames so if he's fast enough it's pretty much a guaranteed punish. Either way you can't pressure while their trait is up and they're hell from far away anyway. It's rough.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
His rock doesn't count as a projectile. Rock~trait shuts you down pretty much. Two traits do the trick just as well, and it's not like Bane can discourage trait charging from a distance.

Double punch is still -5. Sinestro can just frame trait~d.1 and punish you. Or trait, anything really. Bats are 3 frames so if he's fast enough it's pretty much a guaranteed punish. Either way you can't pressure while their trait is up and they're hell from far away anyway. It's rough.
Dash avoids the rock, you know.

Double Punch says neutral. #Framefixes

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Dash avoids the rock, you know.

Double Punch says neutral. #Framefixes
I wouldn't be able to punish it with trait with the AI set to block if it was neutral. Or Superman's super. #NRSLies

Dashing leaves you free to his other shenanigans.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I wouldn't be able to punish it with trait with the AI set to block if it was neutral. Or Superman's super. #NRSLies

Dashing leaves you free to his other shenanigans.
f.2 at level 3 is projectile immune so you avoid trait and all the rest barring rock which you just dash away from.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
f.2 at level 3 is projectile immune so you avoid trait and all the rest barring rock which you just dash away from.
And trait.

So he can trait twice. Fuck, he can buffer rock and then trait to stop your dash, or trait fear blast because you know what? He doesn't give a fuck.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
And trait.

So he can trait twice. Fuck, he can buffer rock and then trait to stop your dash, or trait fear blast because you know what? He doesn't give a fuck.
Trait doesn't stop you, by the time he shoots the second bolt you are already out from under the rock. Not to mention you can do f.2 dash f.2 dash and you'll refresh the armor.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Trait doesn't stop you, by the time he shoots the second bolt you are already out from under the rock. Not to mention you can do f.2 dash f.2 dash and you'll refresh the armor.
Two trait blasts stop you. It doesn't count as a projectile. You're vulnerable in the dash and will get blown up by trait, fear blasts, or his b.1 which is a crazy good whiff punisher with some absurd reach.

Not to mention the ridiculous risk of level 3's debuff vs him, since you will eat huge damage if you stay close and get opened up and you're letting him build trait for free if you back off.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I always said it was more around 15-17 frames in my opinion, it hits about the same time as b.1 does when it goes meaty.

jfunkey

Noob
While we're on the topic of frame data being incorrect. I really don't think that j1 is +27 on block it just doesn't feel like it is.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
RYX

So I ran into a DS that was trying the jb3 to beat wake ups. I didn't see it as a big problem. He couldn't combo off of it and if his timing was off, which was often, I could block it and preasure more than half the time. Maybe he was playing it wrong IDK, but I didn't see how it was MU changing as you put on your by the numbers post.

Also great that charge got a buff against parries :D

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Another set of matches. This time I fight Batman, Harley and Black Adam. The Batman is decent but the Harley and Black Adam aren't that good. Also it didn't seem like they knew the matchup. Still, you can see some of tech discussed here in live matches.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Love your use of the grab and armor Chief713. Makes me more and more convinced I need to burn my POS 360 pad and find me a real Dpad.

Black Hand

The blackest night falls from the skies
any tips on catwoman because I just got blown up today,it could be that haven't fought any good catwoman players though

Hiryu02

Noob
She cannot backdash armored grab on wakeup. You do have to respect her footsie range and watch out if she decides to commit to a wakeup.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Another set of matches. This time I fight Batman, Harley and Black Adam. The Batman is decent but the Harley and Black Adam aren't that good. Also it didn't seem like they knew the matchup. Still, you can see some of tech discussed here in live matches.

I need to remember to stop jumping.

Why are you on xbl ;_;

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
any tips on catwoman because I just got blown up today,it could be that haven't fought any good catwoman players though
Don't jump or charge. She'll back dash you or jump charge and full combo with cat dash. But if you get one of those guys going into cat stance, venom and charge you'll nail em and be in for preasure. As stated cmd grab is evil for her. Be on the lookout of her J2 and whip trip move. If you can eliminate those things it helps a lot. After that it's a matter of footsies and who opens the other person up in my xp. Of course knowing her strings helps. A lot of them are cat dash happy which I can't blame them for, it's a good move, so wait for it, d1 into b23 full combo or use a venom special but only if she hasn't MB'd it or your on lvl 3. Also try to couter pick maps on her so you can throw everything you can at her. That goes for any gaget type though, it's Bane's zoning :cool: