What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

The Gabriel

Mean Man
His teleport doesn't go all that far away though.
Yes, I tested in training mode just to be sure and Ares can easily teleport out of that and it won't track him on the way out. I don't know how good Bane's jump normals are but the only thing Ares really fears on wakeup are good jump-in crossup attacks like batman's j2, doomsday, nightwing, etc.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes, I tested in training mode just to be sure and Ares can easily teleport out of that and it won't track him on the way out. I don't know how good Bane's jump normals are but the only thing Ares really fears on wakeup are good jump-in crossup attacks like batman's j2, doomsday, nightwing, etc.
They aren't bad.

jfunkey

Noob
I've been having a lot of trouble with good GL players on PSN, how do you guys deal with GL? More specifically how do you deal with chain gun spam? I can't seem to find a way around because it rips through level 3 venom charge and f2.d

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
No easy way around it man; just block and dash in when you can, pushing em to the corner where you can start putting on pressure of your own. Even then, he gets 2 get of out jail free cards with the round transition and clash, so you have to make sure when you touch him, he dies. If the GL is good, you likely won't get a third opportunity.

You can punish mini gun if you stand right outside of range and charge as soon as you see it come out. Only works if he doesn't have trait and meter, which will be never...but it's something.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
So I think Bane beats a lot more characters, or atleast goes even with them, then we think. I played a lot of people who were much higher level then me earlier, Mostly GL's, A few Batmen, DS, and some Aquas. I won atleast 70-80% of those matches. Do we have numbers for each match yet? I would love to see a current chart of our MU's.

In my opinion, I don't seen an issue with the GL match up. I'm not sure what the official numbers are but it feels 5-5 to me. Do we have numbers for each match yet? I would love to see a current chart of our MU's. I still feel though, there is a lot of unknown Bane tech that we need to find out, from my knowing, He is on the brink of blowing up the scene.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
How about Cyborg? I was playing a good Cyborg the other day and he kept doing the MB jump fireball (which is a mistake with Bane's rage charge.) However, the special superfist on wake up seemed invincible.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How about Cyborg? I was playing a good Cyborg the other day and he kept doing the MB jump fireball (which is a mistake with Bane's rage charge.) However, the special superfist on wake up seemed invincible.
It is, its also incredibly punishable.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It is, its also incredibly punishable.
The first few times I tried Double Punching on Wake up and it phased right through Cyborg. After that it was a matter of bait and punish. However, the grapple move was allowing Cyborg to run away for free with the armor properties it gains. I feel as if the match up is very fun to play

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The first few times I tried Double Punching on Wake up and it phased right through Cyborg. After that it was a matter of bait and punish. However, the grapple move was allowing Cyborg to run away for free with the armor properties it gains. I feel as if the match up is very fun to play
It is. lol.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
So I think Bane beats a lot more characters, or atleast goes even with them, then we think. I played a lot of people who were much higher level then me earlier, Mostly GL's, A few Batmen, DS, and some Aquas. I won atleast 70-80% of those matches. Do we have numbers for each match yet? I would love to see a current chart of our MU's.

In my opinion, I don't seen an issue with the GL match up. I'm not sure what the official numbers are but it feels 5-5 to me. Do we have numbers for each match yet? I would love to see a current chart of our MU's. I still feel though, there is a lot of unknown Bane tech that we need to find out, from my knowing, He is on the brink of blowing up the scene.
He can beat a lot of chars, but still IMO has to work harder, always. And no there are no official numbers to my knowledge, just a few opinions scattered about. Even if we did post them a bunch of people on here would come and tell us how wrong we are because they think all Bane's do is charge and talk about busting us on cooldown. But the cooldown is valid to a point.

A GL that knows the MU is very very painful, It's easily 6-4 to GL no question about it. Reason is multiple zoning options, the worst being chaingun. It doesn't count as a projectile so it nullifies venom and also has stupid pushback, especially the MB version. You get close and falter on your preasure, they jump and air turbine to the other side and continue making you work to even get close all the while looking for a Lanturns might or B13 punish. That is what smart GL's do to us. If they want to try to go toe to toe and not zone, yeah it can be 5-5. They use all their options no F'ing way is it even.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!

The large majority of people online do not know how to fight bane, other than the classic "just run away" the entire match. Once you get them on the ground, its an easy time destroying people who don't know the matchup well. Out of the characters you named, the only one I feel bane goes even with (or, do I dare say it) has an advantage over is Aquaman.

The large majority of people online do not know how to fight bane, other than the classic "just run away" the entire match. Once you get them on the ground, its an easy time destroying people who don't know the matchup well. Out of the characters you named, the only one I feel bane goes even with (or, do I dare say it) has an advantage over is Aquaman.

Quoted due to highly concentrated levels of 100% Pure Grade-A Truthiness.
Most online players see Bane coming and just sit as far back as possible trying to bait the charge. Since the patch, however, dashing in on people has never been easier and more fun. 2 dashes closes you in on people sitting on the far end of the screen (NOT STAGE) from you. Dash, block any reaction, dash again, boom. You're in their face.

My hairiest matchups have actually been against Supes (trait eats through armor + laser lockdown from range = gonna have a bad time) and Batman.

Someone was asking about Batgirl's wakeup before; if she's doing flipkick into low, then you can do an armored grab in between the flip and the low to snatch her up.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Just wait it out against Superman when he lights up trait. I try not to challenge it and just block until there's an opportunity to start offense or put superman into defense for some vortex.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just wait it out against Superman when he lights up trait. I try not to challenge it and just block until there's an opportunity to start offense or put superman into defense for some vortex.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Pretty much this. We have hella backdash for a reason

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Pretty much this. We have hella backdash for a reason
It's a shame I can't backdash into command throw like grapplers in other games. His backdash has high distance, but by no means is it a great backdash. But I suppose it gets the job done given when you would EVER backdash as Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's a shame I can't backdash into command throw like grapplers in other games. His backdash has high distance, but by no means is it a great backdash. But I suppose it gets the job done given when you would EVER backdash as Bane.
We can backdash further than Superman can f.23
That's good enough for me.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That is probably the ONLY time I backdash... I hate that character.
I personally don't mind him as much as batman. Like he can't get away and once we start frame trapping him he is shafted, we just have to start it up first. We just cant go as ham as we would normally do imo.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Doom, if you have time for a write-up (or can link me to one) what is your opinion on the current MU's number wise for the cast? I remember seeing someones before and agreeing with most of the numbers, but after digging through the forums can't find it anymore.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I personally don't mind him as much as batman. Like he can't get away and once we start frame trapping him he is shafted, we just have to start it up first. We just cant go as ham as we would normally do imo.
Well, I wrote on week 1 my predictions for the stupidly impossible match-ups for bane. I predicted Batman, Superman, and Lex. Clearly I feel superman is a harder match-up than you do.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
You guys think we have enough Knowledge to finally put together an actual chart? I do.