What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Eh, I hate mirror matches. Especially "grappler" mirrors; doesn't ever feel like I'm learning as much as I'd like. I'll play, though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I have it on PSN as well. It's actually what I play on the most; I just play on XBL when I'm recording since my equipment won't work on my PS3.
hit me up for matchup xp with

raven
NW
BA
supes
GA
GL
Sinestro
Aquaman
Batman
Joker
Grundy
deathstroke
doomsday
flash

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Eh, I hate mirror matches. Especially "grappler" mirrors; doesn't ever feel like I'm learning as much as I'd like. I'll play, though.
I play Deathstroke as a main. I picked up Doomsday and Ares last week, making decent progress with them. :) And I'm currently trying to put my Lex and Joker into the field to see what I can do, lol.

What's your PSN?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
chief713. I'll let you guys know when I'm back home from work and hopefully we can get some games in.

Also, if anyone needs help with Aquaman, I had a long, offline set with a friend of mine. Cat will vouch for his skill level. The set went my way, 39 - 24, though I'd chalk up a few of those to him not knowing the MU well at first. Regardless, we played enough that I think I can give decent advice if anyone's having problems that they can't figure out.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
What do yall do about Flash's MB Lightning Charge? It's really safe on block, gives him a mixup after and is 2 hits so it's free on wakeup.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
What do yall do about Flash's MB Lightning Charge? It's really safe on block, gives him a mixup after and is 2 hits so it's free on wakeup.
Venom Upper doesn't beat it?

Oh, you mean when Flash is waking up. I'll have to get back to you on that. I can't believe they buffed him so much.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Venom Upper doesn't beat it?

Oh, you mean when Flash is waking up. I'll have to get back to you on that. I can't believe they buffed him so much.
It seems hard to deal with on wakeup and in the netural. I'll try armored VU on wakeup next time. At 9 frames it may be fast enough to tag him before the second hit comes out. If it doesn't, you can add him to short list of characters that can get out of Bane's wakeup pressure for free. Populaion: Flash (pending), Shazam...

Only if you can manage to pop it out in time, and you'll stop them from using up the meter. You can punish it though anyways so no reason to trade what you can get for free.
You can't punish the MB version. And it seemed really plus on block. I don't know the actual numbers as the frame data lists the MB version as N/A on block, but I wasn't able to press any normals after and my armor specials got stuffed before startup.

Alright Baniacs, Batman using his trait as a screen to approach with a j2 is a very powerful, very easy combo starter. What are your responses to this technique? Venom Upper works if he only has one bat on the trait, but more than that it's tough. Any thoughts?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Alright Baniacs, Batman using his trait as a screen to approach with a j2 is a very powerful, very easy combo starter. What are your responses to this technique? Venom Upper works if he only has one bat on the trait, but more than that it's tough. Any thoughts?
Backdash. Use Charge to go through/under him since he can't parry it.
Basically as Bane he won't ever be rushing us down. If he does, ring toss him like a little bitch.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Backdash. Use Charge to go through/under him since he can't parry it.
Basically as Bane he won't ever be rushing us down. If he does, ring toss him like a little bitch.
Can you armor up double punch and get anywhere in this scenario or would it lose to bats?

shaowebb

Depends on the timing and number of bats. Anything above 2 will break armor unless we are at max venom
In the scenario he triple bats and we triple venom to blow through who even ends up at an advantage? Our Debuff is worse than his bat recovery for sure. Charge it is then.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
In the scenario he triple bats and we triple venom to blow through who even ends up at an advantage? Our Debuff is worse than his bat recovery for sure. Charge it is then.
Depends, our debuff takes 6 seconds to wear off, every bat takes 3 seconds

shaowebb

Depends, our debuff takes 6 seconds to wear off, every bat takes 3 seconds
One bat is all he needs to get in and go for crossups and lows though. thats why I say "charge it is then". I dont want to get pulled into that shit. If I see a jumping Batman by God I'll venom upper him, but if I read wrong and he does the slide after the bat I done goofed. How many hits of armor though does he have on each special during various venom levels? I been playing to much Hawkgirl to remember much lately.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
One bat is all he needs to get in and go for crossups and lows though. thats why I say "charge it is then". I dont want to get pulled into that shit. If I see a jumping Batman by God I'll venom upper him, but if I read wrong and he does the slide after the bat I done goofed. How many hits of armor though does he have on each special during various venom levels? I been playing to much Hawkgirl to remember much lately.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's why I say the only really necessary buff Bane needs is armor scaling with venom. Most characters only have 3 hit specials that beat us, and 2 hit projectiles. Having 2 hits at level 2 and 3 at 3 would make us set.

so when is that first page of matchups going to atleast be somewhat filled out? lol i think by now we should all have some experience with every character by now