What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

snort

Noob
Don't come in here asking about a MU if you don't know both sides. You have no wake-up, why would we bother playing? You never get off the ground as it is.
I know both sides actually. I've dabbled a little with bane and have played some really good banes online. I don't need a wakeup, down 1 is enough to do what I gotta do to get out of your pressure. why would we bother playing? why the hell not. like I said, if there's a bane out there who can beat my Ares I wana play him. this is no disrespect to the bane players, I just wana be convinced that Ares loses the machup because I don't see it. don't get butt hurt kid.

I know both sides actually. I've dabbled a little with bane and have played some really good banes online. I don't need a wakeup, down 1 is enough to do what I gotta do to get out of your pressure. why would we bother playing? why the hell not. like I said, if there's a bane out there who can beat my Ares I wana play him. this is no disrespect to the bane players, I just wana be convinced that Ares loses the machup because I don't see it. don't get butt hurt kid.
If you're just D1ing, you're in trouble lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
MB b3 is another option.
b.1 into anything beats everything. d.1? Beat by meaty b.1.
MB b.3? Beaten by b.1 block, b.11, b.1 double punch, b.1 venom upper, b.1 charge, etc.
b.1 double punch, welcome to the thunderdome because you'll be eating 13% damage from beginning to end.

snort

Noob
b.1 into anything beats everything. d.1? Beat by meaty b.1.
MB b.3? Beaten by b.1 block, b.11, b.1 double punch, b.1 venom upper, b.1 charge, etc.
b.1 double punch, welcome to the thunderdome because you'll be eating 13% damage from beginning to end.
like I said in my original post, banes only chance to beat Ares is by putting him in the corner and beating him down. but you gotta get him into the corner first. With his zoning + teleport options its not gonna be easy. hows bane gonna get in? armored charge gets teleported on reaction. bane is slow and he can't armor for the whole round. based off this, saying 7-2 or 3 in banes favor is obsurd.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
like I said in my original post, banes only chance to beat Ares is by putting him in the corner and beating him down. but you gotta get him into the corner first. With his zoning + teleport options its not gonna be easy. hows bane gonna get in? armored charge gets teleported on reaction. bane is slow and he can't armor for the whole round. based off this, saying 7-2 or 3 in banes favor is obsurd.
Absurd*

Also, we don't even need you to be in the corner to b.1 your wake-up. You have to go the entire match with your sub-par projectiles and teleport without getting knocked down once. 8-2 in favor of Ares? Not even remotely close. I feel strongly its 7-3 in our favor because plain to say if you can't wake up, you can't win.

Jagernaut

Training Mode
Played a few matches against scorpion with my DD and it wasn't much trouble. I ran Bane and ended up ragequitting on my second bar. Fuck that tele. I don't care what you guys say. I don't have ya'll OP reaction skillz.

snort

Noob
Absurd*

Also, we don't even need you to be in the corner to b.1 your wake-up. You have to go the entire match with your sub-par projectiles and teleport without getting knocked down once. 8-2 in favor of Ares? Not even remotely close. I feel strongly its 7-3 in our favor because plain to say if you can't wake up, you can't win.
no way in hell Ares loses to bane. don't know how bane will deal with projectiles and teleports. would love to fight this bane that can beat Ares with ease, if there is one.

Sounds like a fun game imho
lol, I'm just saying reacting to something you know is gonna happen and you're waiting for it. vs having to recognize what's happening THEN react.

your gonna have 2 different timings is all I'm saying.

I think I could do something to make you jump /w scorpion if your that focused on looking for hellfire.

once I get you looking for other things, it's gonna be too late for you to "recognize" the hellfire, and you're gonna get hit by it.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
lol, I'm just saying reacting to something you know is gonna happen and you're waiting for it. vs having to recognize what's happening THEN react.

your gonna have 2 different timings is all I'm saying.

I think I could do something to make you jump /w scorpion if your that focused on looking for hellfire.

once I get you looking for other things, it's gonna be too late for you to "recognize" the hellfire, and you're gonna get hit by it.
Agree. This is the only reason the Venom resets into low/overhead work. The opponent can't look for everything, even if those moves are slow. The difference here is he can do his mix-up any time from anywhere. He's good, but I'm still waiting to see whether working on a counterpick against him is necessary. That's a lot of effort for Evo that is 1 month away.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
no way in hell Ares loses to bane. don't know how bane will deal with projectiles and teleports. would love to fight this bane that can beat Ares with ease, if there is one.
Block dash removes projectile problems. Takes us about 3 to be in on you.
Teleports lose to Aug Tech

Hey guys, I was getting clowned by a bad Grundy who used his MB trait chain as a wakeup attack and still did some pretty good damage by armoring through my wakeups. I still won the match, but I want to know how to stuff that garbage permanently. It was a little too close for comfort.

Hiryu02

Noob
I'd say watch his bar status, and expect it if he has a habit of using it predictably. Then when you have lvl 3 venom going, you pour on the pressure with your own armored specials and f2d, since all of these will break his armor at lvl 3.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Hey guys, I was getting clowned by a bad Grundy who used his MB trait chain as a wakeup attack and still did some pretty good damage by armoring through my wakeups. I still won the match, but I want to know how to stuff that garbage permanently. It was a little too close for comfort.
If I knock down Grundy I stand next to him to bait a wake up. Dash at the right time and he'll whif and you can smoke him on his recovery frames, especially on WC as it'll end right next to you for B23. Personally I think messing with bad Grundy's is too fun.

And as the above said, if you got lvl 3 going go ham as he can do nothing about it. Surviving a lvl 3 cooldown against him is one of the easier ones to do so. So there is no reason not to constantly pump through venom levels on him. Also I have not tried it but perhaps our cmd throw will tech his trait throw, not sure but that would be cool.

Command throw does not tech his trait throw, that's one of the things I tried. Both whiff.

Thanks for the advice, guys, I appreciate it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wake up with charge, it's grab immune.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I haven't played enough really good Banes, but 7-3 against Ares sounds like a stretch. It's true Ares is usually screwed once he's knocked down (even after his wakeup "buff" LOL), but he has a b1 of his own that is great for characters trying to dash/block his projectiles (which agreed are quite subpar). What is the aug tech?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What do you guys think about Luthor? I played a long series with a Luthor player earlier, and it seemed like an uphill battle. LVL 3 Venom obviously goes through his shield, but I didn't want to take it to that extreme every time. When he's down he has that Corp Charge wake-up move that is lightning fast. It can be baited and punished by knocking him back down, but then it's back to square one.

As far as blocking goes, it isn't that hard. He has the low foot stomp that can catch you in a gravity pull combo. I like to block low and react to his overheads. The real trouble comes in navigating the literal mine field of projectiles while he has his shield. Add in dealing with his J3 and it seems like a daunting task to take down a Luthor player that has a solid strategy.

What do you guys think about Luthor? I played a long series with a Luthor player earlier, and it seemed like an uphill battle. LVL 3 Venom obviously goes through his shield, but I didn't want to take it to that extreme every time. When he's down he has that Corp Charge wake-up move that is lightning fast. It can be baited and punished by knocking him back down, but then it's back to square one.

As far as blocking goes, it isn't that hard. He has the low foot stomp that can catch you in a gravity pull combo. I like to block low and react to his overheads. The real trouble comes in navigating the literal mine field of projectiles while he has his shield. Add in dealing with his J3 and it seems like a daunting task to take down a Luthor player that has a solid strategy.

Not an answer to everything but you can command grab him out of corpse charge, but you trade. I'm pretty sure you can punish it with 113 on block. Charge also trades with it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Luthor is a hard MU. He gets distance and you'll never get in on the guy. If you can't keep pressure, you lose

Jagernaut

Training Mode
while y

while your waiting for projectile, 1 GS and your back to almost full screen. MB GS and you could be eating 40%+

Doombawkz

I played a skilled Ares today (GT-PGorath) with my Bane and it was frustrating getting in.. Didn't get a win on him until I got frustrated and switched chars. If you guys are on XBL I suggest challenging him, it'd be a good way to settle this debate. Besides, i'm nowhere near as confident as some of you guys sound (no sarcasm), so I can't really gauge the MU honestly.