What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Chart

GGA Max

I personally believe Bane is super polarized and ether wins or loses. Except for Shazam who can disregard your options better than other character, and really has to respect your wakeup options.
I personally Raven loses slightly for two reasons.
1. Raven is constantly under pressure to make the right read.
2. One knock down could be the game.
Of course Ducky disagrees, but I think that comes from a having different philosophies about what makes a bad match up. Raven does have some very powerful tools to stop Bane, but at the end of the day the risk reward shall always be in Bane's favor. On knockdown I have next to nothing to make Bane worry. On a charge for example if I read forward Dash and you charge my soul crush that knock down could be the round. I would only get 20 something % and time. I get guaranteed damage on cool down if I can trait, but that is the only time. Unless I'm punishing something there is no explosion of damage. Bane is just always in the game as long as he can live one pillar.
I agree, in fact, not to take anything away from this list, but some of these 5-5's should be 6-4's... I think blind ducky is a great player and when he beats me he is overcoming a bad match-up. Also we've only played online.

@TheSpore i also think online makes a big deal here, because zoning and reaction times to teleports. Easily 5-5 or 6-4 bane offline.

I agree, in fact, not to take anything away from this list, but some of these 5-5's should be 6-4's... I think blind ducky is a great player and when he beats me he is overcoming a bad match-up. Also we've only played online.

@TheSpore i also think online makes a big deal here, because zoning and reaction times to teleports. Easily 5-5 or 6-4 bane offline.
I went with the zatanna number you gave me since i don't know the matchup haha. which ones do you think are 5-5?

GGA Max

I went with the zatanna number you gave me since i don't know the matchup haha. which ones do you think are 5-5?
Well there are some that I want to have no opinion on (because I am not sure as I'm sure of my others), but my guesses have + for bane looses, -for Bane wins, = for even

Ares =
Batgirl =
Black Adam = or -
Cyborg -
Deathstroke =
Flash= or -
Harley Quinn =
Joker -
Killer Frost =
Solomon Grundy -
Martian Manhunter -
Nightwing =
Scorpion = or +
Wonder Woman -
Zatanna + online = offline
Zod +

Which leaves his winning MUs at
6-4
Aquaman (offline)
Doomsday
Green Lantern
Lobo
Hawkgirl
Raven
Shazam
7-3
Catwoman
Green Arrow

Loosing...
4-6
Batman
Superman

Sorry to be vague man lol that's why I'm keeping quite about most of these but its purely speculation at this point and people can assume we know these MU's ALOT more than we actually do.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Well there are some that I want to have no opinion on (because I am not sure as I'm sure of my others), but my guesses have + for bane looses, -for Bane wins, = for even

Ares =
Batgirl =
Black Adam = or -
Cyborg -
Deathstroke =
Flash= or -
Harley Quinn =
Joker -
Killer Frost =
Solomon Grundy -
Martian Manhunter -
Nightwing =
Scorpion = or +
Wonder Woman -
Zod +

6-4
Aquaman (offline)
Doomsday
Green Lantern
Lobo
Hawkgirl
Raven
Shazam
7-3
Catwoman
Green Arrow

Loosing...
4-6
Batman
Superman

Sorry to be vague man lol that's why I'm keeping quite about most of these but its purely speculation at this point and people can assume we know these MU's ALOT more than we actually do.
You need an XBox the three Cyborgs are on there. Relaxed State will play you a million games if you want. Also K7 is always improving.
@BiPolarExxpress
Have you played @Relaxedstate or k7

I personally believe Bane is super polarized and ether wins or loses. Except for Shazam who can disregard your options better than other character, and really has to respect your wakeup options.
I personally Raven loses slightly for two reasons.
1. Raven is constantly under pressure to make the right read.
2. One knock down could be the game.
Of course Ducky disagrees, but I think that comes from a having different philosophies about what makes a bad match up. Raven does have some very powerful tools to stop Bane, but at the end of the day the risk reward shall always be in Bane's favor. On knockdown I have next to nothing to make Bane worry. On a charge for example if I read forward Dash and you charge my soul crush that knock down could be the round. I would only get 20 something % and time. I get guaranteed damage on cool down if I can trait, but that is the only time. Unless I'm punishing something there is no explosion of damage. Bane is just always in the game as long as he can live one pillar.
True, ideally when you're back we can play some more. It seems the zoning punishes amazingly for a wrong guess, but I guess once banes in it's pretty much game over. Need to grind it out more.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Ares =
Batgirl =
Black Adam = or -
Cyborg -
Deathstroke =
Flash= or -
Harley Quinn =
Joker -
Killer Frost =
Solomon Grundy -
Martian Manhunter -
Nightwing =
Scorpion = or +
Wonder Woman -
Zod +

6-4
Aquaman (offline)
Doomsday
Green Lantern
Lobo
Hawkgirl
Raven
Shazam
7-3
Catwoman
Green Arrow

Loosing...
4-6
Batman
Superman

Why do you think Bane wins against Joker?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Yup lets do it.

Yes. Let me know. Doomsday is my answer to Raven now, so I want to run that and Zod a lot. I have basically given up on the stoopid robot in this MU.
I still have yet to face your Cyborg since the game released last year...

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
We haven't been to an offline event together in a while! I will be at the next local and WB in philly.
To play me online you would need to play on xbox :D
I still play on PSN, unfortunately, but hey then I'll have just face off with ya at the next local.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is a must hear
Haha not really. Lets see...

- You can Ring Slam flying-punch on its wind-up. Very nifty.
- You can d.2 flying-punch on its wind-up. Its actually not invincible at all for the most part, just low immune because he is technically in the air.
- Super Breath is a projectile
- d.1xxDP beats everything.
- d.2 will beat his backdash clean, beats every response he has after pretty much anything on block barring maybe f.23 after a super breath.

- f.3 will beat out a lot of his kit barring flying punch
- b.3 will beat out a lot of his kit barring super breath
- b.23 -dash under- b.3 will beat out a lot of his kit barring rising grab and low scoop is a sometimes yes/sometimes no thing.
- b.23 -dash under- f.3 will beat out everything that isn't rising grab. These are meterless beats btw.

Those are if not tech rolled.
If they are techrolled, flying punch and super breath beats everything meterless.

With meter, we beat everything.

Last edited:
Haha not really. Lets see...

- You can Ring Slam flying-punch on its wind-up. Very nifty.
- You can d.2 flying-punch on its wind-up. Its actually not invincible at all for the most part, just low immune because he is technically in the air.
- Super Breath is a projectile
- d.1xxDP beats everything.
- d.2 will beat his backdash clean, beats every response he has after pretty much anything on block barring maybe f.23 after a super breath.

- f.3 will beat out a lot of his kit barring flying punch
- b.3 will beat out a lot of his kit barring super breath
- b.23 -dash under- b.3 will beat out a lot of his kit barring rising grab and low scoop is a sometimes yes/sometimes no thing.
- b.23 -dash under- f.3 will beat out everything that isn't rising grab. These are meterless beats btw.

Those are if not tech rolled.
If they are techrolled, flying punch and super breath beats everything meterless.

With meter, we beat everything.
Meterless, I have gotta try these out soon. Does ring slam work on the rising grab to? Yea I've noticed the d1 d2 things, but these dash unders intrigue me.