What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Chart

So after talking to Maxintensity25 a little while ago, we've decided on some matchup numbers. Before the blow ups come, please keep in mind that they're always subject to change with the right backing, and are based off our personal experience, so any input is welcome.

Aquaman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Batgirl 4-6 ( could be 5-5, need more BG experience)
Batman 5-5 (could be a 4-6 for sure)
Black Adam 5-5
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5 (Could be 4-6)
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 4-6 (personally feels like a 3-7)
Green Arrow 7-3
Green Lantern 5-5
Harley Quinn 5-5
Hawkgirl 6-4
Joker 6-4 (literally no experience against this character)
Killer Frost 4-6
Lex Luthor 4-6
Lobo 5-5
Martian Manhunter 5-5
Nightwing 5-5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
Shazam 5-5
Sinestro 4-6
Solomon Grundy 6-4
Superman 4-6
Wonder Woman 5-5
Zatanna 4-6
Zod 4-6

So totals.

Advantage 6
Even 15
Disadvantage 8

I'd say pretty solid.
Discuss.

Doombawkz Grr and Rev, I don't know your username on here

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker is even, he controls bane quite nicely, has parry, crowbar eats up venom time and denies wakeups. Teeth can check bane both by themselves and with pushblock and joker does great damage and great wallcarry which serves to both corner bane and further the corner from himself as well.

Joker is even, he controls bane quite nicely, has parry, crowbar eats up venom time and denies wakeups. Teeth can check bane both by themselves and with pushblock and joker does great damage and great wallcarry which serves to both corner bane and further the corner from himself as well.
That one I'll have to take a word on, because I literally know 0 Joker players, and we cant' connect

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Im okay with Shazam vs bane being a 5-5. I like the number. Me and Grr go pretty even for the most part.

Indecisive

Yea I really don't have much experience in that matchup, going on the little bit I have
Basically. I have Teleport to deal with your WU stupid shit when you get me in a knock down. You have the Armor to stop some of my shit. Its actually one of the most fun matches to play imo. Me and Grr always have fun and there is always something weird that happens that we can laugh about. Like me trying to torpedo through Banes charge only to get hit after going through it.

Basically. I have Teleport to deal with your WU stupid shit when you get me in a knock down. You have the Armor to stop some of my shit. Its actually one of the most fun matches to play imo. Me and Grr always have fun and there is always something weird that happens that we can laugh about. Like me trying to torpedo through Banes charge only to get hit after going through it.
I swear that has the most random properties lol. Either charge does nothing or shazam takes a lot of damage.

Indecisive

I swear that has the most random properties lol. Either charge does nothing or shazam takes a lot of damage.
If we played in person you would have fun. Its great when we both do Command Grab at the same time and nothing happens. Bane is also able to bait teleport very well. Jump back Body splash is very strong.

If we played in person you would have fun. Its great when we both do Command Grab at the same time and nothing happens. Bane is also able to bait teleport very well. Jump back Body splash is very strong.
Well I'm gonna be playing MPT soon, so ideally he's still playing shazam and I can feel out the MU

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Haha good god. So any input on the frost number?
I believe it's 6-4 Frost as well.

Parry blows up everything.
Level 3 or not, we can punish both versions of venom uppercut.
Raging charge can be daggered(non level 3) jumped, mbb3'd(non level 3) and a smart Frost can punish all levels with super, dealing damage and putting Bane into debuff.
Vortex combos can be modified to wait out the timer
Air dash
D2 easily effs up body splash
On a knockdown, it's a 3 way guessing game in Bane's favor, but other than that, any advantage Bane has is not one exclusive to this MU.
In the corner, ala Lex, an armored opponent can do some damage to characters like Frost who don't have the most multi hitting moves. Would be very bad if not for parry.
Some normals can make Bane's command grab whiff yada yada yada, you get the idea. It's favorable for KF, or at least based on what I, other Banes, and other Frost have concluded.

I believe it's 6-4 Frost as well.

Parry blows up everything.
Level 3 or not, we can punish both versions of venom uppercut.
Raging charge can be daggered(non level 3) jumped, mbb3'd(non level 3) and a smart Frost can punish all levels with super, dealing damage and putting Bane into debuff.
Vortex combos can be modified to wait out the timer
Air dash
D2 easily effs up body splash
On a knockdown, it's a 3 way guessing game in Bane's favor, but other than that, any advantage Bane has is not one exclusive to this MU.
In the corner, ala Lex, an armored opponent can do some damage to characters like Frost who don't have the most multi hitting moves. Would be very bad if not for parry.
Some normals can make Bane's command grab whiff yada yada yada, you get the idea. It's favorable for KF, or at least based on what I, other Banes, and other Frost have concluded.
Agreed 100%. The only thing parry doesn't seem to blow up is CMD grab, d1 and b23.

Indecisive

Well I'm gonna be playing MPT soon, so ideally he's still playing shazam and I can feel out the MU
He still does for the most part. If you want to talk about the MU and stuff more just message me on Skype or something. I should add you on Xbox also. Just need to get Xboxlive again at some point.

He still does for the most part. If you want to talk about the MU and stuff more just message me on Skype or something. I should add you on Xbox also. Just need to get Xboxlive again at some point.
Oh yea, I forgot to add you haha I have it written down at home. I'll add you when I'm home. And I can pm you my skype

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That one I'll have to take a word on, because I literally know 0 Joker players, and we cant' connect
I can corroborate with Qwark. The matchup is a nightmare once Joker gets knocked down, but Bane has that effect on alot of characters. Even it is.