What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Chart

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
I can agree on the doomsday numbers. It's not a great Mu. You out damage me, I can't oki you, I have to be super on point to keep you away from me, and you can choose to kill my trait if you want. There's a few other things, but you get the idea lol. I still need to play it more to be sure.

I can agree on the doomsday numbers. It's not a great Mu. You out damage me, I can't oki you, I have to be super on point to keep you away from me, and you can choose to kill my trait if you want. There's a few other things, but you get the idea lol. I still need to play it more to be sure.
Yea that's one number I'm pretty sure about haha.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Personally I think it's 3-7, but I don't have a lot of Flash experience. Other Banes I've talked to seem to agree on 4-6 so I went with it. I'm yet to figure out what to do in that MU
I agree with 3-7, it feels like the competent flash player has to mess up to lose here. I have always struggled to take games off sid, when it feels like hes just flowcharting me and winning 90% of the time

Id like to say batman is 5-5, but I dont play with the best batman players and it could easily be 4-6 because of ex batarangs. When I was playing astronaut a bunch I was losing a lot, but the KF mu didnt seem in KF's favor(that MU id like to put more responsibility on the player). What exactly makes the green arrow 7-3 bane? I havent played vs GA in forever, but Forever Khaos made me feel like that MU was much more even one I got hit. Same thing with harley, why is she at advantage over bane? I have only the slightest online experience against harley, but ive never had any trouble with her(and the only harley I've ever remembered good matches with was kitanaprime).

I agree with 3-7, it feels like the competent flash player has to mess up to lose here. I have always struggled to take games off sid, when it feels like hes just flowcharting me and winning 90% of the time

Id like to say batman is 5-5, but I dont play with the best batman players and it could easily be 4-6 because of ex batarangs. When I was playing astronaut a bunch I was losing a lot, but the KF mu didnt seem in KF's favor(that MU id like to put more responsibility on the player). What exactly makes the green arrow 7-3 bane? I havent played vs GA in forever, but Forever Khaos made me feel like that MU was much more even one I got hit. Same thing with harley, why is she at advantage over bane? I have only the slightest online experience against harley, but ive never had any trouble with her(and the only harley I've ever remembered good matches with was kitanaprime).

Woops. didn't mean to put that beside harley haha that's supposed to be 5-5 thanks for the catch. That was meant for batgirl

I really feel GA doesn't have answers for Bane. Jimmypotato would be glad to elaborate i'm sure lol

Basically even on a lvl 3 debuff he only does average damage, so we outdamage him to the extreme. can armor poke a lot of setups, has no wake up game and no way to keep us out.

Frost really is in her favor, pretty much for what rickyraws mentioned on the first page

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well trait zoning can make life hell, and getting in timing around soul crush.

She has a few strings that can interrupt quite a lot, I really don't know what it's called though. The one where's she spins and hits 3 times can interrupt a lot of Banes shenanigans.
How does her zoning hurt you so much with venom on? When we played you would blow right through it. Same with soul crush, maybe if there is enough time to pillar and then soul crush before charge hits then I could see that being a problem.

I never really considered using the 3 to beat out armor, thats pretty neat.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I don't see how he beats HG.
HG seems to be able to run away forever and can destroy in the corner. care to elaborate?
I totally agree with the flash number, easily a 7-3.
MB kicks destroy bane's knock down game and lead to 50%+ combos.
some of the strings break armor, barry is so amazing l0l

HG seems to be able to run away forever and can destroy in the corner. care to elaborate?

Gotta ask Max on that one. I have 0 HG experience so I went with him on it.

From what I've seen though you can VU or j3 her out of the air, and if bane gets her on the ground it's hard to get back up.

How does her zoning hurt you so much with venom on? When we played you would blow right through it. Same with soul crush, maybe if there is enough time to pillar and then soul crush before charge hits then I could see that being a problem.

Well if I dash she can make it a huge punish. have to sit there eat chip, and try and read that she's not gonna soul crush. Basically have to eat a lot of chip to get in, and her trait comes back so fast a wrong guess or two puts me back in the zoning state.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

Shadow raven to crush can kill charge armor depending on the distance.

Also he's talking about f2 beating armor but 3 can probably be used too.

GGA Max

HG can't block in the air, its a close to a free VU or MB VU. Meh zoning. Hard to get up.

Also, there's no invincibility on flash's wake-up kicks.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
BiPolarExxpress
As you know I will disagree with the Batman number, but much of that is also personal too. IMO it depends on us knocking him down and getting to continue preasure. Sure the knockdown is going to happen at some point, but it's still a bit of a guessing game/read to keep it going. I think he(Bats) wins the neutral game with his tools, which I think are better in this Mu, and Bane still has to put in FAR more work. I'm just not sure if it's even based off our oki, which is stong, but not sure if it makes the Mu even.

Just wanted to add my 2cents. You two are far better Banes than I, but I remember when we all thought it was a 3-7, 6-4 at best his favor MU. If I'm wrong about my thoughts please fill me in.

Also unsure on BA...

GGA Max

Mind me asking why the kicks? It seems he can just torpedo on wakeup at will
You can actually time a double punch to stuff torpedo. From experimentation with Jim the mb purple orb thing will flash since it wants to execute, but there is not enough time and flash gets stuffed and doesn't break armor. Even though the mb sort of executes, flash doesn't loose a bar.

You can actually time a double punch to stuff torpedo. From experimentation with Jim the mb purple orb thing will flash since it wants to execute, but there is not enough time and flash gets stuffed and doesn't break armor. Even though the mb sort of executes, flash doesn't loose a bar.
Hm, did not know that. Any other tips on that mu? don't see many flashes but it seems rough whenever I get a chance to play a good one.

BiPolarExxpress
As you know I will disagree with the Batman number, but much of that is also personal too. IMO it depends on us knocking him down and getting to continue preasure. Sure the knockdown is going to happen at some point, but it's still a bit of a guessing game/read to keep it going. I think he(Bats) wins the neutral game with his tools, which I think are better in this Mu, and Bane still has to put in FAR more work. I'm just not sure if it's even based off our oki, which is stong, but not sure if it makes the Mu even.

Just wanted to add my 2cents. You two are far better Banes than I, but I remember when we all thought it was a 3-7, 6-4 at best his favor MU. If I'm wrong about my thoughts please fill me in.

Also unsure on BA...

It's the same as NW in that perspective, when we all thought it was a 7-3 because of zoning. Strategies developed, things got buffed and nerfed. I wouldn't argue 6-4, but I don't walk into a match with batman and go "aw fuck" like I do with a zatanna or flash for example.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It's the same as NW in that perspective, when we all thought it was a 7-3 because of zoning. Strategies developed, things got buffed and nerfed. I wouldn't argue 6-4, but I don't walk into a match with batman and go "aw fuck" like I do with a zatanna or flash for example.
I know. I just feel he has the upper hand in more area's that we do. It's also a char that many people play differently IMO so there is a lot to look for and respect. I will be the first to admit that I suck at this MU though. And yeah NW lol. I'm no longer worried about him much like we once were.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Dunno why I was tagged lol.

Lots of 5-5s, and I'm still iffy about Zatanna but thats just me. Outside of that, all this list shows is Bane is viable and probably upper mid.
So I mean if you guys say so.

Dunno why I was tagged lol.

Lots of 5-5s, and I'm still iffy about Zatanna but thats just me. Outside of that, all this list shows is Bane is viable and probably upper mid.
So I mean if you guys say so.
Well tagged everyone that I used to talk matchups with pretty much