What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Chart

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
BiPolarExxpress

I agree w ZOD #

There are some things ZOD can do in this MU no others can and it's awesome

Obviously corner rape is real there lies the struggle but outside the corner ZOD dream is intact

He also gets a 35-40% punish on drop kick MB and 45% or 60% if bane hits debuff punish on charge LVL1-3

Btw I really want to play games w you again, been too long and word on street is you've hella leveled up and even when we last played you were f ing tough lol

Let's do a kickass long set tonight or tomorrow or Sunday

I can corroborate with Qwark. The matchup is a nightmare once Joker gets knocked down, but Bane has that effect on alot of characters. Even it is.
Just noticed you're on XBL. Not the most reliable but could at least get some MU experience if you're up for it.

Couldn't Bane armor through quite of a few of the teeth setups?

BiPolarExxpress

I agree w ZOD #

There are some things ZOD can do in this MU no others can and it's awesome

Obviously corner rape is real there lies the struggle but outside the corner ZOD dream is intact

He also gets a 35-40% punish on drop kick MB and 45% or 60% if bane hits debuff punish on charge LVL1-3

Btw I really want to play games w you again, been too long and word on street is you've hella leveled up and even when we last played you were f ing tough lol

Let's do a kickass long set tonight or tomorrow or Sunday
Yea full screen it's unfortunate, reminds me of Sinestro in that he can set up however he wants. It's an uphill battle for sure, the only thing that hurts Zod in this mu is the lack up wakeup options.

For sure man, I've been itching for a really long set with you again. Didn't realize I get mentioned lol, but yea I've been putting in work for SCR. Mostly trying to not charge and stay patient with d2 usage. Any of those days work really. What time were you looking at? I got work tomorrow so if it's crazy late I can't tonight. Besides that I'm pretty much open

Pig Of The Hut

Yea full screen it's unfortunate, reminds me of Sinestro in that he can set up however he wants. It's an uphill battle for sure, the only thing that hurts Zod in this mu is the lack up wakeup options.

For sure man, I've been itching for a really long set with you again. Didn't realize I get mentioned lol, but yea I've been putting in work for SCR. Mostly trying to not charge and stay patient with d2 usage. Any of those days work really. What time were you looking at? I got work tomorrow so if it's crazy late I can't tonight. Besides that I'm pretty much open
Wound cowboy said it and that's high regard lol

Is there any way u could add my pig of the hut account?

I only use ZOD now for KI which I never play :(

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Im still of the belief that Black Adam wins. Bipolar lets play some soon. I need to train with some good people in the next few weeks.

Wound cowboy said it and that's high regard lol

Is there any way u could add my pig of the hut account?

I only use ZOD now for KI which I never play :(
Yea I tried walking through his fireballs and staying patient, still got the best of me. Still feel like I'm making massive strides in that matchup each time I play him though. He's ridiculous with Sinestro.

Oh yea for sure. it's spelt just like that?

Im still of the belief that Black Adam wins. Bipolar lets play some soon. I need to train with some good people in the next few weeks.
This one BA can play keep away. But I really feel it's a pretty even advantage. I'll be on tonight and most of the weekend.

Mind me asking why BA wins?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This one BA can play keep away. But I really feel it's a pretty even advantage. I'll be on tonight and most of the weekend.

From what i have seen with the Black Adam Match Up. With People like Rico when he was still playing against Grr and Arma the MU is weird. Since Black Adam is able to get away from the pressure that is bane because of his good mobility. MB Low lightning stops a lot of armor moves full screen as well which is pretty useful. The one thing though is im pretty sure bane is able to armor past WU Cage. But i would think that BA's Footie game with things like Low lighting, Magic Fingers, Dive Kick, Etc. help him in the run away game vs bane. But as most characters have to deal with Banes armor deal with the WU options of a lot of the cast. Also does trait get rid of points of armor from bane? Probably a very stupid question.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

I just feel like if you dont put me in the corner in the first cycle of venom its pretty impossible to go toe to toe with Adam for the entire game. At some point i think its too easy for Adam to catch you slipping and open you up for huge damage. I agree it can be close but i think its just easier for Adam to find a way to win.

I just feel like if you dont put me in the corner in the first cycle of venom its pretty impossible to go toe to toe with Adam for the entire game. At some point i think its too easy for Adam to catch you slipping and open you up for huge damage. I agree it can be close but i think its just easier for Adam to find a way to win.
Fair enough. A divekick read can open up pretty well. But it really seems like Banes d2 and d1 are what make this matchup even for me. I just think all he needs is one knockdown, vs adam where he needs about3 or 4 to deplete Bane. I'm pretty open to the matchup numbers for sure, and would love to play it out more to get more of a feel on it. I get what you're saying though

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Just noticed you're on XBL. Not the most reliable but could at least get some MU experience if you're up for it.

Couldn't Bane armor through quite of a few of the teeth setups?
He can't for the most part because alot of teeth setups focus on hitting twice (the teeth plus and overhead) to negate armored wakeups and such.
I don't play online much anymore because I just can't seem to adapt to the timing difference, but I have been considering trying to do it recently just because I'm lacking in a lot of MU experience. Feel free to add me, and I'll give you some matches at some point regardless. Just be warned that I'll probably be scrubby and free due to a lot of dropped combos and such.

He can't for the most part because alot of teeth setups focus on hitting twice (the teeth plus and overhead) to negate armored wakeups and such.
I don't play online much anymore because I just can't seem to adapt to the timing difference, but I have been considering trying to do it recently just because I'm lacking in a lot of MU experience. Feel free to add me, and I'll give you some matches at some point regardless. Just be warned that I'll probably be scrubby and free due to a lot of dropped combos and such.
No worries, I know what to expect with online haha. It just gives you an idea of what the matchup can provide.

From what i have seen with the Black Adam Match Up. With People like Rico when he was still playing against Grr and Arma the MU is weird. Since Black Adam is able to get away from the pressure that is bane because of his good mobility. MB Low lightning stops a lot of armor moves full screen as well which is pretty useful. The one thing though is im pretty sure bane is able to armor past WU Cage. But i would think that BA's Footie game with things like Low lighting, Magic Fingers, Dive Kick, Etc. help him in the run away game vs bane. But as most characters have to deal with Banes armor deal with the WU options of a lot of the cast. Also does trait get rid of points of armor from bane? Probably a very stupid question.

Not a stupid question at all. Honestly I haven't paid to much attention to it, but from what I know it doesn't. Think I've command grabbed with all 3 up before.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Bane's wakeup of choice against joker is VU which doesn't get hit twice, you need to block that.

Out of curiosity, what are some of these tools you speak of?
Well trait zoning can make life hell, and getting in timing around soul crush.

She has a few strings that can interrupt quite a lot, I really don't know what it's called though. The one where's she spins and hits 3 times can interrupt a lot of Banes shenanigans.

LEGEND

YES!
i have a hard time believing that Flash vs bane is only 6-4. Nothing that makes bane good works on flash

- can't backdash away (LC)
- can't jump away (FU)
- can't safely use armor without the risking getting blown up by S2
- Uppercut isn't safe on block and gets easily wiff punished for massive damage
- charge is easily punished every time by jump over then LC
- MB LC can't be ducked
- Better footsie tools, more damage ect ect

i love that any time bane is on debuff i can use MB LC to get in for free and bane risks half life just by trying to move, or 70+% if he takes the mix-up

im glad such a dumb character has such a shit MU

i have a hard time believing that Flash vs bane is only 6-4. Nothing that makes bane good works on flash

- can't backdash away (LC)
- can't jump away (FU)
- can't safely use armor without the risking getting blown up by S2
- Uppercut isn't safe on block and gets easily wiff punished for massive damage
- charge is easily punished every time by jump over then LC
- MB LC can't be ducked
- Better footsie tools, more damage ect ect

i love that any time bane is on debuff i can use MB LC to get in for free and bane risks half life just by trying to move, or 70+% if he takes the mix-up

im glad such a dumb character has such a shit MU
Personally I think it's 3-7, but I don't have a lot of Flash experience. Other Banes I've talked to seem to agree on 4-6 so I went with it. I'm yet to figure out what to do in that MU

Pig Of The Hut

Yea I tried walking through his fireballs and staying patient, still got the best of me. Still feel like I'm making massive strides in that matchup each time I play him though. He's ridiculous with Sinestro.

Oh yea for sure. it's spelt just like that?
Yep