What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Chart

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He was close. Its surprising considering the site gives you auto-fill options when you try tagging people

Rev_

Bane Squad
good list, the only things i disagree with are that i dont think shazam is 5-5, i think sinestro is 5-5, and i think supes is 5-5 very good list though

good list, the only things i disagree with are that i dont think shazam is 5-5, i think sinestro is 5-5, and i think supes is 5-5 very good list though
Shazam I don't have enough experience, what're your thoughts on it?

Sinestro I can't budge on haha. And supes I still think has an advantage over us, any secret i'm missing out on in the matchups?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Sinestro I can't budge on haha. And supes I still think has an advantage over us, any secret i'm missing out on in the matchups?
Wake up flying punch doesn't get armor until he starts the 2nd swing motion.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Superman? He can bait things out with an airdash. I'm saying the matchup of course can be won, but Supermans tools give him an advantage hence 4-6
I guess? I mean our d.2 is just short of Aquaman's d.2 and he doesn't share the same problem we apparently do.
By the by, did you know we can cancel like most of his air-dash mix-up junk with f.2.d, yeah? Its such a good tool in this MU since it outranges most everything and auto-corrects.

I guess? I mean our d.2 is just short of Aquaman's d.2 and he doesn't share the same problem we apparently do.
By the by, did you know we can cancel like most of his air-dash mix-up junk with f.2.d, yeah? Its such a good tool in this MU since it outranges most everything and auto-corrects.
Yea the only issue is alot of the time he can hit quicker I find. You have to really buffer the f2d, which can leave you exposed. Biggest problem in the mu for me is lasers and armor breaking tbh

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, I just dunno.
I feel like we deal with worse things and come out better. Could maybe be a lack of MU experience though.

Rev_

Bane Squad

i think shazam is 4-6 because of the teleports. i havent found anything i can do against them(maybe im missing out on something big). our charge can get negated and full combo punished and when we finally get a knockdown he just teleports out of it. yeah sinestro is pretty tricky but when you knock him down and get around his zoning its over(much similar to the GL MU)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i think shazam is 4-6 because of the teleports. i havent found anything i can do against them(maybe im missing out on something big). our charge can get negated and full combo punished and when we finally get a knockdown he just teleports out of it. yeah sinestro is pretty tricky but when you knock him down and get around his zoning its over(much similar to the GL MU)

The thing about Shazam is that we aren't supposed to play oki against him. We go for max damage stuff and simply take solace in the fact that we do his metered damage for free and unless we balls up pretty hard he will eventually have to rush us since we can not only easily achieve a life lead but can stop approaches very well too. Its a 5-5 for the reason of our higher, free damage and him being unable to oki us as well.

I agree with Zatanna being 6-4

She can avoid his pressure with teleport on wakeups. The only problem is Bane has to guess which teleport she's doing, back or front, or, she can play it safe and ex it.
It's mind games from both, but her zoning, full screen punishes, and wakeup avoiding his pressure via venom specials makes this in her favor.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Why do you care about pressuring a character on knockdown who can't zone and whos only option is to come to you with a string and a command grab you can armour through?

Rev_

Bane Squad
Why do you care about pressuring a character on knockdown who can't zone and whos only option is to come to you with a string and a command grab you can armour through?
well i mean my thoughts were more assumptions than anything. i dont have much experience fighting shazam, joker, etc. ive faced very few shazams and they seem to always destroy me and its not the fact the teleport on wake up, its the fact that i just cant seem to even hit him lol. he builds meter at will, can teleport out of every special move we have and whiff punish with 22. another thing is that we are at our best when we have the opponent in the corner, with shazam he can just teleport out and put US in the corner just like that. as i said though im pretty clueless when it comes to this mu so i have no prob admitting i may be 100% wrong.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I personally believe Bane is super polarized and ether wins or loses. Except for Shazam who can disregard your options better than other character, and really has to respect your wakeup options.
I personally Raven loses slightly for two reasons.
1. Raven is constantly under pressure to make the right read.
2. One knock down could be the game.
Of course Ducky disagrees, but I think that comes from a having different philosophies about what makes a bad match up. Raven does have some very powerful tools to stop Bane, but at the end of the day the risk reward shall always be in Bane's favor. On knockdown I have next to nothing to make Bane worry. On a charge for example if I read forward Dash and you charge my soul crush that knock down could be the round. I would only get 20 something % and time. I get guaranteed damage on cool down if I can trait, but that is the only time. Unless I'm punishing something there is no explosion of damage. Bane is just always in the game as long as he can live one pillar.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm curious about the Zatanna MU since I just started picking her up. I just want to understand the reasoning of the 4-6 numbers. I almost never will run any other character than my HG against Bane since I just feel more confident using her in the MU