What's new

General/Other Bane Buff Suggestions Part 2

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Yoooo, give dis bro a Grundy AA grab I can choose where to throw my opponent. I think he'd be really good with that and making projectiles, projectiles.

In a perfect world d1 would also be faster and be able to 2 in 1 tick throw into cmd grab and link cmd grab on hit.
You can kinda do that with d1 already. If you delay the buffer just a little bit then it makes for a very hard-to-escape tick throw.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I welcome any and all bane players on xbl to prove me wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Classic mistake. When discussing matchups, you as a player don't just reach out to that char and say "prove me wrong". You can get bodied by a Bane player 5-0 and is that matchup any different? No, it's not. On the other side of the coin, you could beat all the Bane players (doubtful, but possible) and all that proves is player vs player, not char vs char.

I thought we did a pretty good job of explaining how this is in no way shape or form a 8-2 matchup. If you say 6-4 you, that's reasonable even though we disagree. 8-2 is like Gief vs Sim in street fighter.

It's simple: You have to fight up close. You get a knockdown. How will you keep us down? Will you bait out Venom Uppercut w/armor on it? Great. Will you guess right everytime? No. Ok, now we get the knockdown. What do you do next? Walk me through this please cause this isn't even close to a 8-2 matchup on EITHER side

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Classic mistake. When discussing matchups, you as a player don't just reach out to that char and say "prove me wrong". You can get bodied by a Bane player 5-0 and is that matchup any different? No, it's not. On the other side of the coin, you could beat all the Bane players (doubtful, but possible) and all that proves is player vs player, not char vs char.

I thought we did a pretty good job of explaining how this is in no way shape or form a 8-2 matchup. If you say 6-4 you, that's reasonable even though we disagree. 8-2 is like Gief vs Sim in street fighter.

It's simple: You have to fight up close. You get a knockdown. How will you keep us down? Will you bait out Venom Uppercut w/armor on it? Great. Will you guess right everytime? No. Ok, now we get the knockdown. What do you do next? Walk me through this please cause this isn't even close to a 8-2 matchup on EITHER side
I don't mean to definitively prove something one way or another. I wouldn't have said what I did. I don't see how banes tools win vs Catwoman. I'd love to play some bane mains to see what I'm missing about this character.

Didn't mean to come off the way I did. I should've explained myself. you're absolutely right for calling me out. thank you.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't mean to definitively prove something one way or another. I wouldn't have said what I did. I don't see how banes tools win vs Catwoman. I'd love to play some bane mains to see what I'm missing about this character.

Didn't mean to come off the way I did. I should've explained myself. you're absolutely right for calling me out. thank you.

._.
Don't suppose you guys have some recording devices? It'd be a nice match to watch.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Ninj: Fair enough no worries. Now, my last paragraph, walk me through it please. Granted, I don't know Catwoman 100%, but from what I've played against and seen, after I get the knockdown and let's say go in for a splash, what can she do to me?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I disagree with that. I think two players of similar skill playing sets will give you a pretty good indication of how the matchup goes. Much more so than discussing theory, IMO.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I disagree with that. I think two players of similar skill playing sets will give you a pretty good indication of how the matchup goes. Much more so than discussing theory, IMO.
Not just 2 people though. Matchups should be represented IMO by the best 2-3 players of each char. I think more people should be involved (and I would have no idea who the best 3 bane/catwoman players are so keep that in mind).

However, I do hope you and big_aug get a good first to 10 set going and I'm kind of betting you will be surprised by what Bane can do up close. There is a reason GL/Batman/Superman won't fight us up close (Batman is the exception cause of his trait, it covers him great)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ninj: Fair enough no worries. Now, my last paragraph, walk me through it please. Granted, I don't know Catwoman 100%, but from what I've played against and seen, after I get the knockdown and let's say go in for a splash, what can she do to me?
Can't discuss now. later I can go into more detail on what I've found.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
I try to add people with diverse characters in order to train MU.

I have a DS, a WW, a Batgirl, a Doomsday and a Lobo in my friends list. If you find a good catwoman, send a private invitation and learn the MU for a while. The Doomsday bodied me hard at first, and now it's more even now

Gosh I need a good Doomsday to play. He eats me alive. It's ridiculous.

Edit: Also, sorry about saying Bane is mid-tier. I guess I mean when I play him, I win half and lose half. :) Still think a cancel on the charge and ring toss fix would help a lot.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm not too concerned about the charge anymore now that we have the dash. The ring toss is what eats me alive. It's really useless. A small buff giving it armor would be all I would ask for.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If it benefitted from armor, honestly I'd use its short-as-hell start up as a means to turn it into a parry instead of using it as an AA tbh.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
For real. I just get sick of playing against jump happy people and being forced to use the Venom Upper rather than the Ring Toss. My main gripe is that it's a waste of space on the disc.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair it does quite a good amount of damage, its faster than venom upper and a bit less punishable. It gives good meter too.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Yea, those are the upsides of it. The downside is that you can't get it to work outside of combos.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Am I catching you not knowing stuff again? Geez.

Catwoman can use her command 'dodge' the thing where she ducks projectiles on charge like a parry. It makes the charge whiff and she gets a full punish.
I thought it was funny that you say he doesn't know stuff

But then you try to use Charge as a talking point for a MU.