What's new

General/Other Bane Buff Suggestions Part 2

2 thing left to do: Fix Ring Toss. Seriously - it's awful and Venom Uppercut does 95% of it's job while also hitting on the ground and setting up a great wakeup sitation. Ring Toss throws people AWAY from Bane 75% of the time - it's exactly what you DON'T want to do. Just make the move actually do something - if Superman uses his dumb air dash to try to cross over me and I KNOW it's coming, I should be able to grab him out of the air and pound him.

Venom Charge needs a backdash cancel. Not a general cancel, but a backdash cancel so that it still has some weakness and is not 99% useless against anyone with a parry.

Thirdly, Green Lantern's stupid minigun needs to count as a projectile. This is not a direct Bane buff but that move is crazy abuseable against Bane because he can only get one hit of armor, max. Unlike Grundy who gets 3 and can just walk through it. But if it were changed to count as a projectile, we could deal with it and it wouldn't effect anyone else off the top of my head.

Those two changes to Bane, plus the change to Green Lantern would be enough.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I think that you people need to stop asking for buffs and shit. The things you got are very huge, your ground movement is now one of the best. You don't need more armor on your charge or have it be cancelable. A lot of these are simply silly.
The only ones I can agree with:
AA Grab is invincible to air moves (like Grundy) and should have a hit of armor while in venom
You should be able to choose which side you throw your opponent to with your AA grab
Super is more consistent
You should be able to choose which side to throw them to with his EX Grab even when they've lost all of their first health bar (this also applies to his AA grab)

Edit: And even thought this doesn't apply to Bane things that are obviously projectiles need to be so, but I don't think NRS can fix that now.

I'm asking for the ability to cancel Bane's primary mobility move that has a gigantic startup and is easily scouted. I'm a silly monster who wants Bane to dominate.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I did? Show me. I remember making a thread clearly stating that IF they buff Bane, such and such is what they should do, cause I certainly did not make a thread saying he needed it or required it. I also clearly stated IMO, he's fine w/what he has.

I really wish people took their time reading:(
I've read all the posts in here in and i can say with certainty that you did not state he was fine, at least for the first couple post you made. Also making a buff suggestion is like asking for buffs you just don't say that so if people get mad about the things you ask for or just voice their opinion on the matter you can fall back on "Woah woah brah, this just a suggestion thread."

Edit: Yeah I re-read this and the only time you said anything good about Bane was when you acknowledge his dash buff. On that I think when the guy said Kabal 2.0 he wasn't referring to Kabal's zoning, but his dash cancels.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
My wishlist:

1-AA grab(Ring toss) with some invulnerability to air attacks, making it a viable Anti air or even reversal
2-Fix Supermove, it doesn't work in a lot weird situations
3-Standing 1 hits med
4-Lvl 2 Venom= 2 armor hits against proyectiles
5-LVL 3 Venom Charge eats anything. If you start charging with lvl 3 venom, only supermoves can stop you. Proyectiles inmunity stands, but also any other attack, like GL machine gun. You can block it, or you can dodge it, but you cant stop it by hits. Optional change: give it the properties of Grundy walking corpse: 4(or 5?) points of armor against normal attacks, inmunity to proyectiles

1 and 2, ASAP, 3 whould be nice, choose one between 4 and 5

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I've read all the posts in here in and i can say with certainty that you did not state he was fine, at least for the first couple post you made. Also making a buff suggestion is like asking for buffs you just don't say that so if people get mad about the things you ask for or just voice their opinion on the matter you can fall back on "Woah woah brah, this just a suggestion thread."
Yes, I'm assuming I talk to adults who can understand the difference. If you took the time to read (now I'm convinced 100% you did not), NRS said they would do balance updates w/every DLC released. So, it's possible Bane gets buffs, and it's also possible he gets nerfed. Naturally nobody would want their char nerfed, so I made a thread w/realistic suggestions (considering NRS confirmed they read our thread in the bane forums the first time). It's really that simple. You don't see the bane players going around crying for buffs, especially after the patch. I really dislike people putting words in my mouth so I ask that you don't.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Yes, I'm assuming I talk to adults who can understand the difference. If you took the time to read (now I'm convinced 100% you did not), NRS said they would do balance updates w/every DLC released. So, it's possible Bane gets buffs, and it's also possible he gets nerfed. Naturally nobody would want their char nerfed, so I made a thread w/realistic suggestions (considering NRS confirmed they read our thread in the bane forums the first time). It's really that simple. You don't see the bane players going around crying for buffs, especially after the patch. I really dislike people putting words in my mouth so I ask that you don't.
I the same for you.
I'm not going to argue with you anymore as we are taking away from what this thread is trying to be. This thread comes across as "I like what they did with Bane in this patch, but after a few days of playing with him he still needs more."
I guess what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't spend you time talking about hypothetical buffs and you should try grind out with your new character before you jump to conclusions.

This is a buff suggestion thread, all I was merely doing was stating my opinion on the buffs people were suggesting (I guess I said asking but please don't get offended) and giving the ones that I felt should be changed, if he his changed again.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly just making the charge faster. That would be enough for me. from 32 frames to 23, and I'll be happy.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
2 thing left to do: Fix Ring Toss. Seriously - it's awful and Venom Uppercut does 95% of it's job while also hitting on the ground and setting up a great wakeup sitation. Ring Toss throws people AWAY from Bane 75% of the time - it's exactly what you DON'T want to do. Just make the move actually do something - if Superman uses his dumb air dash to try to cross over me and I KNOW it's coming, I should be able to grab him out of the air and pound him.
There's nothing to fix with Ring Toss, there's specific strings and juggles that give you the proper grab to put the enemy in front of Bane or he tosses or slides them into the corner edge.

Venom Charge needs a backdash cancel. Not a general cancel, but a backdash cancel so that it still has some weakness and is not 99% useless against anyone with a parry.

Those two changes to Bane, plus the change to Green Lantern would be enough.
Why is everyone asking for a charge dash cancel? Lol Just use regular dash or b3,f3~dash cancel. Charge is useless from far distance. It makes no real sense to have it dash cancelable. It's decent for midrange since it's harder to react sometimes and you can armor with it but that's pretty much it. People should stop relying on it to close the distance. Forward dashing in itself is a much better solution to whatever you guys are trying to feint.

Thirdly, Green Lantern's stupid minigun needs to count as a projectile. This is not a direct Bane buff but that move is crazy abuseable against Bane because he can only get one hit of armor, max. Unlike Grundy who gets 3 and can just walk through it. But if it were changed to count as a projectile, we could deal with it and it wouldn't effect anyone else off the top of my head.
Honestly, just block and dash. It's difficult to be patient but it works. You just cannot jump at him a lot because of his ring grab. This match up takes a bit of endurance.
Venom on his anti air
1 hits mid
Charge has 1 hit of armor 'naturally' without venom. Adding venom makes it two.
All stand 1's hit high. Why would Bane need a stand 1 to hit mid over everyone else? Venom on anti air what? You can venom uppercut and technically charge also kind of works as an anti air from certain distances.
Seeing way too many charge buff requesting. It's like the slowest and most worthless move to use from faraway.
To stay on some form of the topic, the only real changes I kind of want so far are..
  • Allowing venom armor to go on db1 grab. It's odd that it isn't affected. Perhaps it would be too good?? Of course right now I can kind of use it on reaction but I prefer using d2, 2~db1 to just smash them in front of Bane for some wakeup games; more damage.
  • j.d3 / Body Splash on hit to not register the characters as crouching (stand 1 whiffs a lot)
  • j.d3 / Body Splash to maybe, maybe given slightly more frames on hit.
  • Venomed (level 1 to 3) Body Press to become throw/grab crush immune. Unvenomed is fine.
  • Small extension on front/back throw range. Just a tiny sliver 3-4 pixels worth of spacing range.
  • f2,d~3 to be an untechable knockdown

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
All stand 1's hit high. Why would Bane need a stand 1 to hit mid over everyone else? Venom on anti air what? You can venom uppercut and technically charge also kind of works as an anti air from certain distances.
Seeing way too many charge buff requesting. It's like the slowest and most worthless move to use from faraway.
To stay on some form of the topic, the only real changes I kind of want so far are..
Grundys standing 1 hits mid.

Venom on his anti-air throw, ring toss IIRC.

SUPARNOVAX

Grundys standing 1 hits mid.

Venom on his anti-air throw, ring toss IIRC.
Okay, one dude with a stand 1 mid at 12 frames. How does that justify anything? Why not just ask for a 6f stand 1 because Catwoman has one. I'm sure there's a 5f stand 1 somewhere too.

edit: Looks like 6f is the fastest on the roster so far. Don't know about Batgirl and I'm sure Lobo doesn't have a fast one.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
The mid would be good because if you know the MU halfway all you have to do to Bane is low poke him out of nearly all his strings. Only a couple that don't get poked like B1, all the other ones are pokable either because they're slow or hit high.

If I wasn't a Bane playing against one and he blocked my string and I knew he would retaliate with a string of his own after blocking I'd just D1 right away and knock him out of everything save armored moves. My friends that I play often know this and it makes almost all MU's so much harder.

SUPARNOVAX

The mid would be good because if you know the MU halfway all you have to do to Bane is low poke him out of nearly all his strings. Only a couple that don't get poked like B1, all the other ones are pokable either because they're slow or hit high.

If I wasn't a Bane playing against one and he blocked my string and I knew he would retaliate with a string of his own after blocking I'd just D1 right away and knock him out of everything save armored moves. My friends that I play often know this and it makes almost all MU's so much harder.
Yes but they would probably not grant him a 9f mid on stand 1 and will most likely slow it down. And the universal rule is high loses to crouching so yeah it's gonna work if people duck it. I just don't expect to really use the stand 1 in that fashion too often personally. It's just more useful as a faster tool when you can get them to stand up and then string into a grab or something.