What's new

General/Other Bane Buff Suggestions Part 2

To be fair, his is a lot faster than ours and he can MB it ahead of time to make it an overhead soo yeah.
As I said though, just make it faster. We don't need a cancel, we just need it to move.
Yea, I'd take faster. Like I said, charge would be fucking amazing with faster start up. No one will ever jump out of a knockdown ever again.

I have to laugh about Shazam. He's a mid-tier character like us. If he put an "S" on his chest he would be able to cancel his move into a full combo or a projectile.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I don't know what it's called honestly. I just want to be able to start the charge and then decide that I don't want to charge. I suppose it would be a dash cancel because I don't want to actually perform an attack off it. I'm not saying use it like Grundy where he cancels and then goes right into a string. I'm talking about faking the other guy out so he doesn't know every time I start the charge animation that he can just jump over me.
I ask cause if its like grundys, then you can use like a quick parry w/ venom. It would be like Grundys but probably faster. But there would be less applications if you had to do a dash out of it.

But I guess if Grundy has that for free. I guess I see no harm in bane having only if he can cancel the startup. The moment he starts charging forward he shouldn't be able to cancel it.

One thing I'm wary of is having armor charge cancels in his pressure.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
IMO Bane v Catwoman is 2-8. He has zero control in the space or pace in the match. Charge is guaranteed full punish and he can't compete with j2.

He needs something, though I don't know him well enough to make an educated suggestion. Being able to cancel charge like Grundy seems like it would help. It didn't make Grundy op, so I guess that's my suggestion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
IMO Bane v Catwoman is 2-8. He has zero control in the space or pace in the match. Charge is guaranteed full punish and he can't compete with j2.

He needs something, though I don't know him well enough to make an educated suggestion. Being able to cancel charge like Grundy seems like it would help. It didn't make Grundy op, so I guess that's my suggestion.

Denied. Bane v catwoman is 6-4 Bane.
What is she going to do on wake-up for 18 seconds? Also j.2 gets double punched or VU'd for free. She has to get in close enough to whip which in itself is a free double punch. That's her only zoning tool. Everything else we can just pump through, and once we hit level 3 venom then it really gets bad for her.

At level 3 venom, we can charge and go ape, and theres not a single thing she can do to stop us.
Unless she has some amazing wake-up attack that's fully invuln on block, she will eventually be eating more damage than she can deal. Every 6 seconds we have the option to go level 3 and deny all of her options for 6 seconds. In this time frame, its a matter of who can do what, and without a solid answer for venomed body press on wake up or OHVCS then she might as well not bother coming in.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Denied. Bane v catwoman is 6-4 Bane.
What is she going to do on wake-up for 18 seconds? Also j.2 gets double punched or VU'd for free. She has to get in close enough to whip which in itself is a free double punch. That's her only zoning tool. Everything else we can just pump through, and once we hit level 3 venom then it really gets bad for her.

At level 3 venom, we can charge and go ape, and theres not a single thing she can do to stop us.

Am I catching you not knowing stuff again? Geez.

Catwoman can use her command 'dodge' the thing where she ducks projectiles on charge like a parry. It makes the charge whiff and she gets a full punish.

Catwoman can use her command 'dodge' the thing where she ducks projectiles on charge like a parry. It makes the charge whiff and she gets a full punish.
It's just like a parry in that you shouldn't be charging her full screen. You can bait her into doing her little charge moves and charge her yourself.

And honestly, who gives a fuck? She can't zone. She has to come to us, so none of it matters.

JaredL

It's just like a parry in that you shouldn't be charging her full screen. You can bait her into doing her little charge moves and charge her yourself.

Catwoman has better reach in this matchup. She has better control of the match. You'd think that against someone with no projectiles, Bane would do well. But she can stop your charge with a ex B3, and her B3 is excellent or she can simply 'parry' it.

She is able to use her whips from quite a range.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
With the dash buff, I'm not so sure he needs a charge cancel anymore. There shouldn't be any more situations where the only reliable option you have at full screen is charge. Ultimately, I don't feel like it'll do much against higher level opponents. I'd rather have additional armor so that at least at lvl 2 venom, you can strategically charge without having to worry about MB b/f 3 or 2 hit projectiles. That, IMO, is a much more serious issue than people jumping over full screen charge.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Charge not as in venom charge, just as in general motion of advancing forward quickly.

JaredL

Charge not as in venom charge, just as in general motion of advancing forward quickly.

Why did you bring up level 3, and then not mean charge? You speak very oddly.

"At level 3 venom, we can charge and go ape, and theres not a single thing she can do to stop us."

Why can't she stop your dashes? Do Banes dashes get armor?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

2-8? Not even close. He gets a knockdown, what can she do? A smart Bane also won't blindly throw out Charge against Catwoman, considering there is zero reason to, ever. Catwoman is doing what Bane wants, fighting up close.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why did you bring up level 3, and then not mean charge? You speak very oddly.

"At level 3 venom, we can charge and go ape, and theres not a single thing she can do to stop us."

Why can't she stop your dashes? Do Banes dashes get armor?
Because at level 3 we can go in and she can't make us go out.
f.2 dashes do, yes. And I find it funny you assume she will be able to instantly react to everything we do as we do it.
If she tries to respond we have the option of dash buffering out our own armor moves to meet her.

2-8? Not even close. He gets a knockdown, what can she do? A smart Bane also won't blindly throw out Charge against Catwoman, considering there is zero reason to, ever. Catwoman is doing what Bane wants, fighting up close.
Exactly. And if you think we're getting zoned by her whip, I don't even know what to say.

If you knock her down, she might never get up lol

Guys, stay on topic. We are talking about buffs suggestions, not MU.

No offense to anyone :p
It's hard to have a discussion about what a character might need when people can't even agree what characters dominate us and what our problems are.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I welcome any and all bane players on xbl to prove me wrong.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
It's hard to have a discussion about what a character might need when people can't even agree what characters dominate us and what our problems are.
Agree, but we are going to the "we have this and that use this an that", and not the "we need this because we cant do that"

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Yoooo, give dis bro a Grundy AA grab I can choose where to throw my opponent. I think he'd be really good with that and making projectiles, projectiles.

In a perfect world d1 would also be faster and be able to 2 in 1 tick throw into cmd grab and link cmd grab on hit.