What's new

General/Other Bane Buff Suggestions Part 2

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Every time NRS releases a DLC there will be a balance patch so we might possibly get more Bane buffs (or nerfs, hopefully not)

Here are some ideas of mine, please feel free to add (let's try to be as organized and realistic as possible to keep the thread clean)

-AA grab actually be a move worth using. Give it priority or armor.....or both (puppy eyes)
-Cancel the charge (or cancel it into a special at any point)
-Fix the consistency of the Super grab. It just flat out misses people sometimes and it's very frustrating
-Increase speed of D1 or increase speed on backdash to get away from nonsense
-Switch F2D with F2 it's so annoying and nobody uses F2 NRS lol

RISE! RISE! RISE!!

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but the running tackle move only has 1 hit of armor right?

I would give it 3 or 4 hits of armor. It's dumb people like KF can throw daggers nonstop and he gets hit of it.
That way, he can tackle people mindlessly zoning, to which works well against him right now.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
What did they do to Bane in Lobo's pack?

Who said they are doing character balancing every compatibility pack?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
What did they do to Bane in Lobo's pack?

Who said they are doing character balancing every compatibility pack?
NRS didn't say they would change every char but they would be doing balance updates every DLC release. For Lobo I don't think they touched Bane and it's very possible they never touch him again, but just in case they do...

I thought about it, and I seriously doubt NRS will ever give Bane the ability to cancel his charge/dash attack. Something tells me NRS probably thought they would be looking at Kabal 2.0 again.

If you ask me though, they are probably done with Bane. The recent buffs were nice, but it just moved him to the high low tier/low mid tier portion of the cast. It gives us better options, but those options still aren't enough to make him viable.

I just really play him in casuals now. If I'm going to a tournament, I'll probably use him vs an Aquaman user and that's it. I've moved on to wonder Woman and Doomsday, who happens to be a better Bane in general.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I thought about it, and I seriously doubt NRS will ever give Bane the ability to cancel his charge/dash attack. Something tells me NRS probably thought they would be looking at Kabal 2.0 again.
What does Kabal 2.0 even mean? Bane doesn't even have a projectile to zone. Bane isn't a combo machine and his pressure is not bad but not that amazing. And Bane doesn't keepaway............... Comparing Bane to Kabal at all has got to be the silliest thing I've read on here this week.

If you ask me though, they are probably done with Bane. The recent buffs were nice, but it just moved him to the high low tier/low mid tier portion of the cast. It gives us better options, but those options still aren't enough to make him viable.
I don't even know what I am reading here anymore, I'm sorry. They reduced the damage/movement limit timer. That doesn't do much for him overall because the idea of having that damage and movement reduction is stupid in itself while everybody else on the roster with similar types of traits that run on timers don't receive reductions in damage or speed.

Bane's issues are more systematic and general with how the game is made IMHO.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
What does Kabal 2.0 even mean? Bane doesn't even have a projectile to zone. Bane isn't a combo machine and his pressure is not bad but not that amazing. And Bane doesn't keepaway............... Comparing Bane to Kabal at all has got to be the silliest thing I've read on here this week.

I don't even know what I am reading here anymore, I'm sorry. They reduced the damage/movement limit timer. That doesn't do much for him overall because the idea of having that damage and movement reduction is stupid in itself while everybody else on the roster with similar types of traits that run on timers don't receive reductions in damage or speed.

Bane's issues are more systematic and general with how the game is made IMHO.
Some good points, but the biggest buff is easily his dash. His time to go across the screen has been cut in half and it's very fast. Plus, it's much easier to manage Venom now and that's a huge buff.

I do agree however w/the Kabal reference, don't really see that cause Bane is all about frame traps, not fast pokes to make you panic into bad decisions

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Sheesh, let's all chill out. So much negativity on this forum the past few days between people saying the buffs don't matter and yelling at each other. Let's be positive.

As far as Mini Gun, MB Black Adam Lightning, and other rapid hitters. Level 3 venom doesn't work for they count as hits same as punches and kicks. Which will chip through your armor in no time. Also I might be wrong in saying this but, Bane although having such a dominating up close game is also the character that requires the most patience. You can't just go throwing dumb stuff out willy nilly like 80% of the cast can. Not to mention now that Shazam/Ares can wake up invincible teleport. Those matchups got slightly more annoying.

As far as Mini Gun, MB Black Adam Lightning, and other rapid hitters. Level 3 venom doesn't work for they count as hits same as punches and kicks. Which will chip through your armor in no time. Also I might be wrong in saying this but, Bane although having such a dominating up close game is also the character that requires the most patience. You can't just go throwing dumb stuff out willy nilly like 80% of the cast can. Not to mention now that Shazam/Ares can wake up invincible teleport. Those matchups got slightly more annoying.
The teleports are just horrible. I'm still figuring it out. I got bodied bad my Ares today.

The teleports are just horrible. I'm still figuring it out. I got bodied bad my Ares today.
With Ares' teleport if you expect it as a wake up. I just neutral jump d3. It will catch either one. Then once they respect it, the matchup can flow as usual for a bit. As far as Shazam, a good Shazam player with his new buffs, inescapable grab resets and trait buff. Its a damned nightmare trying to pursue the guy.

Changes I'd like to see:
-Faster jump arc, Banes floaty jump is really only good for cross-ups on wake-up and it seems almost useless for dodging interactibles and projectiles at times.
- Dash cancel on Charge's start-up or early active frames, maybe reduce its start up as well.
- 1-2% more damage on Double Punch on hit.
- Standing 1 to hit mid.
- Change lvl 2 Venom to give either projectile immunity instead of armour or 2 hits of armour instead of 1 (lvl 3 would still be 1 and proj. immunity).

These could give him some really good tech. His damage is already satisfactory with Venom and he can have the most damaging Super in the game at maximum swole. He just needs more or better options to get in and Dub. Punch to not have really underwhelming damage.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I feel the need for these each time I'm playing Bane:

- Make his jump not be a guaranteed 40% for the opponent. Make it like Doomsday's.
- mid hitting poke is very much needed. I can't use 1 on rushdown batmans because it's high, I can't use d1 because it's 17 frames or such. He needs a mid hitting 6-7 frame poke. Badly.
- Make his 1 hit of armor count a projectile move as a single hit. Looking at batman/kf 2 hitting projectiles.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The charge cancel is way too drastic. Giving it a bit more armor somewhere will solve pretty much every problem.
I personally use f.2 hold, its projectile immune at level 3 so I use it to freely dash through waves of projectiles and make the most of my Bane time.
AA grab getting armor would be nice because it could act as a pseudo-parry.
d.1 and backdash won't be touched, honestly those are extreme. We already got a dash buff too, so no need.

Give his venom upper a better angle, level 2 venom having 2 hits of armor or PJ immunity, and maybe yeah fixing the consistency of his super and viability of his AA grab. That's all we need really.

My two unrealistic buffs that won't ever happen would be.
1-BF1 is cancellable and has 4 hits of armor. If grundy has something similar why shouldn't bane.
2-Make the knife he carries with him at the end of a match or in "osito" a projectile knife toss similar to kanos.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
-Armor hits granted concurrent with Venom level
-DB1 AA could use some better consistancy & priority or armor or both. Don't understand why Venom doesn't apply to it based on it's description in the moves list.
-Super Consitancy could use a change
-Some faster normals and or some mid hitting ones would be great.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Venom on his anti air
1 hits mid
Charge has 1 hit of armor 'naturally' without venom. Adding venom makes it two.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
So are u saying mini gun and lightning aren't projectiles? So the lvl 3 doesn't get invincibility on them. I can understand the lightning but the minigun...

JaredL

So are u saying mini gun and lightning aren't projectiles? So the lvl 3 doesn't get invincibility on them. I can understand the lightning but the minigun...
Minigun stops level 3 charge, without trait or meterburn if timed well

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
See? I'm not the only one who thought so.

Them fixing it so those do count as projectiles would make the MU way better imo

JaredL

See? I'm not the only one who thought so.

Them fixing it so those do count as projectiles would make the MU way better imo
But its an easy match up. You just need to jump on reaction and venom through it.