What's new

General/Other Bane Buff Suggestions Part 2

There's nothing to fix with Ring Toss, there's specific strings and juggles that give you the proper grab to put the enemy in front of Bane or he tosses or slides them into the corner edge.
Thanks for your input but I'm talking about a naked Ring Toss, not as part of a combo. Again, a naked Venom Uppercut does 95% - 99% of what Ring Toss does and hits grounded opponents and sets up better wake-ups, - Ring Toss does not hit grounded opponents and oftentimes sets up poor wake-up positioning, so what's the point of Ring Toss? Tacking it onto the end of combos so that you can switch position without burning meter? That's a waste of a special.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
They want a 9f mid now. And that's never going to happen. I don't think a lot of these buff suggestions were thought out too much. Tunnel vision I tell ya.
One thing I do know is that we are not going to get anything new. Most of these suggestions are cool ideas but only a few are realisticly implemtable. The only changes we can get are changes to certain properties of some moves and frame data. And I think you're right, we would never get a 9f mid. TBH I'll be happy with anything he gets, no matter how small cause I'm not dropping the Bat Breaker, he's too much fun.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Again, a naked Venom Uppercut does 95% - 99% of what Ring Toss does and hits grounded opponents and sets up better wake-ups, -
Ring toss has a better wake up position for Bane than uppercut. Uppercut is variable depending on where you hit and it can cross up. They're both good combo enders midscreen, but I find ring toss to be better. In the corner they're great as well, venom uppercut wins for the corner if you meter burn to setup for meaty body press but ring toss is better to setup for armored grab or double punch after. Ring toss is untechable and Uppercut is techable. So there are my primary reasons for using one over the other. I wouldn't choose to not use Ring toss because it doesn't hit grounded opponents, because that doesn't make sense. It's apples to oranges here. They're simply different tools. Should you choose not to utilize Ring toss, that's your prerogative but it is far from as useless as you are stating here.

Ring Toss does not hit grounded opponents and oftentimes sets up poor wake-up positioning, so what's the point of Ring Toss?
Ring toss has good positional reset and wake up advantages uppercut does not have. Uppercut's a good wall carry only if you burn the meter toward the corner. That meter could be better off finishing opponents or wagering. It's a luxury to have meter for more difficult matches since wager resets position as well.

Tacking it onto the end of combos so that you can switch position without burning meter? That's a waste of a special.
How is it a waste of a special? What is a "special" supposed to entail for you in this game? I would like to know what people expect here. I constantly come on here for information and I am mind boggled by certain things people post up. I would like to understand more and question everyone's rationalizations.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
st 1 as a mid would help a bit in the netural as it would make his pressure just a little stronger. People are conditioned to block low because of d1, so with a mid hitting st 1, he could get dash up 113's with better consistency. Right now, you have to just hope that they either stand block or are too paralyzed with fear to press anything.

That being said, I'm thinking 223 may be the goto string in the neutral instead of 113. 12 frames (opposed to 16 when the first 1 in 113 is crouched), hits mid and actually has nice range. Also, 22 is +29 on hit and gives that little stagger state so you can pretty much follow up with anything. A mid st 1 would be nice, but I think I'll play with 22 more before saying he needs it.

Right now, I think I'd like:

- Bigger hitbox on Ring Toss
- Like someone already mentioned, 1 hit of armor on regular charge and 1 extra hit for each additional venom level. Maybe decrease the damage a little to compensate.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ring toss has a better wake up position for Bane than uppercut. Uppercut is variable depending on where you hit and it can cross up. They're both good combo enders midscreen, but I find ring toss to be better. In the corner they're great as well, venom uppercut wins for the corner if you meter burn to setup for meaty body press but ring toss is better to setup for armored grab or double punch after. Ring toss is untechable and Uppercut is techable. So there are my primary reasons for using one over the other. I wouldn't choose to not use Ring toss because it doesn't hit grounded opponents, because that doesn't make sense. It's apples to oranges here. They're simply different tools. Should you choose not to utilize Ring toss, that's your prerogative but it is far from as useless as you are stating here.

Ring toss has good positional reset and wake up advantages uppercut does not have. Uppercut's a good wall carry only if you burn the meter toward the corner. That meter could be better off finishing opponents or wagering. It's a luxury to have meter for more difficult matches since wager resets position as well.

How is it a waste of a special? What is a "special" supposed to entail for you in this game? I would like to know what people expect here. I constantly come on here for information and I am mind boggled by certain things people post up. I would like to understand more and question everyone's rationalizations.
Ring toss gives us no advantage and the distance doesn't let us do anything after it, its basically saying "go ahead and backdash away from us."

If they tech the venom upper, we at least have enough advantage on landing to dash and still be in on them. Above that, if they don't tech the upper (as often some don't do) we have huge amounts of advantage. That and VU gets the benefit from armor and has huge reach, something ring toss doesn't have.

Ring toss is basically a worse version of VU, teched or not. If you want a wall carry, Double punch does the same job with about as much advantage as VU. Once again, something Ring toss doesn't provide on top of gaining armor.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Ring toss gives us no advantage and the distance doesn't let us do anything after it, its basically saying "go ahead and backdash away from us."
I agree w/this, I think Ring Toss is VERY situational and most of the time I'm not using it, I truly don't see the benefit.

Me personally, I end EVERY combo in body slam throw (forgot what the damn move is called)

But of course there's always disagreement. I simply want to understand what he is referring to by a 'waste of a special'
It's a special move that ranges from substantially worse or equal to a different special move (Venom Uppercut) in every way but one - you can put it at the end of a combo to switch position and throw your enemy back toward the corner without having to burn a bar of meter. That's pretty much it's only unique ability and it's really not enough to justify it's existence in my opinion. Good special moves should be applicable in a variety of situations or be paired together to achieve a certain effect. Ring Toss is a vestigial AA throw that is eclipsed by Venom Uppercut and has no purpose other than the aforementioned combo ender. It needs to have it's useability expanded. I hope this helps clarify what I said.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly ending combos with ring toss to put them in the corner is a waste when you can just b.23 dash under and you get a position swap AND a forced stand reset.

People ask for a charge cancel for several reasons:

1) Charge is useless against any character with a parry
2) Charge is useless at a distance against anyone with a brain

I want to be able to be able to just stop charging. I don't want to cancel into any other moves. I just want to fucking fake them out and stop midscreen instead of the current scenario. It goes like this:

A) Oh look, Bane is charging.
B) I'll walk backwards and jump at the last second
C) Now I can jump in full combo punish if I time it really well
D) Or just full combo punish without the jump in if I'm not confident on my timing

Adding a cancel means the other guy has to make a read instead of charge = jump or charge = parry. They could make the timing strict so you can't charge right up to them and then cancel. You'd have to do it before a certain amount of time. Charge is not a threat to anyone at fullscreen. If that was the intent of the developers, then so be it. I highly doubt that is the case though.

Answer this question. If the answer is yes, then I will accept that he shouldn't have a cancel. Is any other characters full screen attack full combo punishable by jumping?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

I want to be able to be able to just stop charging. I don't want to cancel into any other moves. I just want to fucking fake them out and stop midscreen instead of the current scenario. It goes like this:

D) Or just full combo punish without the jump in if I'm not confident on my timing

Adding a cancel means the other guy has to make a read instead of charge = jump or charge = parry. They could make the timing strict so you can't charge right up to them and then cancel. You'd have to do it before a certain amount of time. Charge is not a threat to anyone at fullscreen. If that was the intent of the developers, then so be it. I highly doubt that is the case though.

Answer this question. If the answer is yes, then I will accept that he shouldn't have a cancel. Is any other characters full screen attack full combo punishable by jumping?
Shazam, to my knowledge. His AT can be dipped by a well timed jump.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die

I feel that having the charge cancelable is too much. If your using from full screen, then of course the opponent can react to it. I feel like it is used on a read from around midscreen to blow through a projectile and punish them. I think having the charge have faster start up would be reasonable though.

I feel that having the charge cancelable is too much. If your using from full screen, then of course the opponent can react to it. I feel like it is used on a read from around midscreen to blow through a projectile and punish them. I think having the charge have faster start up would be reasonable though.
Why would it be too much? Because I might bait a jump and get a free dash? Because it wouldn't be a for sure free combo? I'm seriously asking. Faster start up would be fine, but it would make charge GODLIKE at close range. Venom Charge on reaction for AA all day son.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
The dash(with the buff) is our principal tool for getting in. Charge it's for punishing random moves, proyectiles, chip, finish a pair a situational combos... but definitely not an aproaching tool at fullscreen. It's like asking to be punished.

IMO, the charge needs only to have some short of buffs against multi hits proyectiles. Venomed Charge it's very focused in baiting zoners, but some of they still have a lot advantage(DS regular gunshot, i'm looking at you)

Venom charge 1= 1 armor hits. Venom charge 2= 2 armor hits. Venom charge 3= Proyectile inmunity

If they fix the supermove issues and they put this, for me, Bane it's done. I can fight against the other stuff

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Why would it be too much? Because I might bait a jump and get a free dash? Because it wouldn't be a for sure free combo? I'm seriously asking. Faster start up would be fine, but it would make charge GODLIKE at close range. Venom Charge on reaction for AA all day son.
Before I answer may i ask. Is this like a dash cancel, or is it like Grundys where you do qcb and you back at neutral?

Before I answer may i ask. Is this like a dash cancel, or is it like Grundys where you do qcb and you back at neutral?
I don't know what it's called honestly. I just want to be able to start the charge and then decide that I don't want to charge. I suppose it would be a dash cancel because I don't want to actually perform an attack off it. I'm not saying use it like Grundy where he cancels and then goes right into a string. I'm talking about faking the other guy out so he doesn't know every time I start the charge animation that he can just jump over me.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
All right then, pack it up. No cancel for Bane.
To be fair, his is a lot faster than ours and he can MB it ahead of time to make it an overhead soo yeah.
As I said though, just make it faster. We don't need a cancel, we just need it to move.