What's new

Balance Patch Speculation

The hypocrisy is real. This thread is obviously filled with some really good points and people who main ridiculously strong characters are like "Ehm no guys the game is pretty balanced". And tell me you don't main Scorpion...
that isnt everybody here. i can speak for myself cause when i see something broke i call it even its my main. even characters that i hate i say they need a buff. but i agree some people here are down playing op characters and some are saying that shit characters are god like both will hurt the game at the end of the day

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
First patch should be fixing ridiculous hitbox problems like Barakas D2, Kollectors U2 Wakeup, Kollector 44 completely going through opponents, etc.

It's a mess.

AeWhole

Noob
All these very solid suggestions on how to reasonably nerf the top characters... and then you had to add buff jax -_-
Erron
-F4 range needs to be nerfed
-more recovery on his slide on block
-add a bit startup on his FB
-nerf a bit his dmg on acid

Geras
-remove his low sand move
-f22 needs to be unsafe

Sonya
-make her onion ring both high and add a bit more startup

Scorpion
-amplify teleport only on hit not on block
-remove his os on teleport

Subzero
-reduce dmg on his kb or scale them more

Jaqui
-add a bit more recovery on her cancels

Buff : shao kahn,jax,kotal,dvorah,kollector,frost.
I don't think anyone other than Kano and D'vorah need buffs right now. (Maybe Shao Kahn and Kotal... At least to their specials.) Other than that these are really good suggestions. Geras losing F22 and low sand sounds really bad though since he'll never be able to make people sit still again. I'll check it out though.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I really just want the strict inputs to be made easier.

-Add a tourney variation where kitana gets upward fantoss (for fan combos)
-Add a tourney variation where Skarlet gets teleport, counter, and siphon

I am okay with all those top tiers, but Scorpion. Nerf the shit out of his teleport, make it slower or high or reduce the hitbox. Its unbelievable how good neutral he has because of it. I cant fucking jump, I cant fucking use my abilities, I CANT DO SHIT.

Also tone down fatal blows, pokes and grabs.

samiorfali

Raiden Player since the 90s
Erron
-F4 range needs to be nerfed
-more recovery on his slide on block
-add a bit startup on his FB
-nerf a bit his dmg on acid

Geras
-remove his low sand move
-f22 needs to be unsafe

Sonya
-make her onion ring both high and add a bit more startup

Scorpion
-amplify teleport only on hit not on block
-remove his os on teleport

Subzero
-reduce dmg on his kb or scale them more

Jaqui
-add a bit more recovery on her cancels

Buff : shao kahn,jax,kotal,dvorah,kollector,frost.
Buff raiden

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I would just like them to fix Frost's hitboxes. Make her punishments consistently work. She doesn't need crazy buffs, they just did a sloppy job with her.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Somebody never played against supergirl. This is a great example where "get good" is appropriate. the only change he needs is mb teleport not to come out on block.
nah, i think people just need to take time to adapt to it. Supergirl randomly teleporting isnt a problem, i still play Injustice 2 and blow up supergirls that try that easy.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Looking through this but I just got back from my grandfather's funeral so I really don't care to read a bunch of stuff, no offense to anyone who posted. I haven't played for a week and probably won't again until this weekend, can someone tell me if they fixed Erron Black's Cattle Toss

CliffP

Noob
No, the issue is that he has a safe mixup that's also looping.
No safe mixups. The opponent takes a risk for guessing, so the attacker should be taking the same risk for being guessed right. It doesn't matter how early on in the game's life there is a broken high reward low risk mechanic that literally turns a character into a fucking (soap bar in my mouth) piece of shit that any moron can win with by randomly alternating between two buttons.
I understand that you're new around here and you don't understand the implications of this.
Just trust me that it needs to be unsafe.
Safe mixups were one of the leading reasons why MKX was a trash game.
But the problem is certainly not in F2. The F2 string is pretty balanced.

It gets a knockdown for Oki if you continue the string.
You get punished if it's blocked.

You have to use an un-confirmable enhanced meter burn to combo/loop off of it.
That get's punished even harder if it's blocked.

Just doing F2 without ending the string or canceling into ice ball is essentially a poke. That sounds unreasonably safe for a mix up move but on hit it's actually minus and you lose your turn. That's a pretty bad trade off for a poke situation. But that's what makes it fair. Either commit to the punishable options, which all the overheads are, or try to be safe where the best case scenario is you do like 7% damage and lose your turn.

The loop is truly the only busted part of his game. That would be fixed if you could breaker out of capture states. And his Fatal Blow should definitely not put you in fucking oki setup.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I don't think anyone other than Kano and D'vorah need buffs right now. (Maybe Shao Kahn and Kotal... At least to their specials.)
If you haven't labbed every single character and played them online too, how can you confidently say those are the only problematic ones? I was planning to main Jade and Frost but the first is terrible in terms of damage and frames and the second is plain sloppy with her buggy hitbox and limited options. Ended up with Noob. So yeah them 4 you mentioned aren't the only ones that need urgent fixing.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
The hypocrisy is real. This thread is obviously filled with some really good points and people who main ridiculously strong characters are like "Ehm no guys the game is pretty balanced". And tell me you don't main Scorpion...
Ah, right. So you completely utterly sucking @ game and failing to L2P and demanding something get nerfed BECAUSE you fucking suck @ game is perfectly fine, while ppl trying to tell you your SELF PERCEIVED AND COMPLETELY UTTERLY WRONG BELIEF of a certain character being overpowered, is hypocrisy?

Two words: GIT GUD

Git fucking gud before you come cry for buffs/nerfs, as that makes you even more hypocritical than the ppl you're calling hypocrites. Got that, hypocrite?

I am okay with all those top tiers, but Scorpion. Nerf the shit out of his teleport, make it slower or high or reduce the hitbox. Its unbelievable how good neutral he has because of it. I cant fucking jump, I cant fucking use my abilities, I CANT DO SHIT.

Also tone down fatal blows, pokes and grabs.
I believe you've already been told this but: GIT GUD. Or just cry moar, like all of you seem to like doing.

Its fucking unbelievably MIND BLOWING how some people perceive 'balance' in this forum. My initial post has never EVER been more correct.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Ah, right. So you completely utterly sucking @ game and failing to L2P and demanding something get nerfed BECAUSE you fucking suck @ game is perfectly fine, while ppl trying to tell you your SELF PERCEIVED AND COMPLETELY UTTERLY WRONG BELIEF of a certain character being overpowered, is hypocrisy?

Two words: GIT GUD

Git fucking gud before you come cry for buffs/nerfs, as that makes you even more hypocritical than the ppl you're calling hypocrites. Got that, hypocrite?
Lol classic TYM asshole that sucks in MK and tries to play overpowered character for EZ wins and then cry when they get nerfed. Let me explain my reasoning and i will try to make this very clear for morons like you. The fact that I believe certain moves need to be toned down, doesn't stem from me losing, it stems from the fact that with other characters I can react and play around a lot easier, and with some specific characters whoever I pick I'm at a disadvantage and have to work x10 for the W. That is great indication of balance issues. And for scrubs like you that play that overpowered character, when people state the obvious your reaction is of course to cry "NOO NOOBS GIT GUD". Well newsflash asshole. I'm already GUD!
Whats your PSN cause I'll prove it to you, kick your ass with a weak character and then come back trolling like you are. In before you cry when your boi Scorpion gets nerfed.

Ps. "SELF PERCEIVED AND COMPLETELY UTTERLY WRONG BELIEF" means I'm the only one thinking a character is overpowered and needs to be toned down. When the whole community is saying the same, it's a bit more than "self". Delusion...but try to use your caps a bit more, it might eventually validate your idiotic points.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
I don't know about nerfs, but these buffs would be what I want for my characters:

Lao :

Spin moves forward to make sure F1 xx Spin always connects, maybe even B32 which would be great. Not needed tho. F1 spin working without meter is needed imo.
Orbiting hat +16 on hit, make it easier to F1, can F4 for more damage with same link as now. Also F1xxSpin would always connect, hopefully, with aforementioned change.
F2(1) whiff issues fixed
Don't think 21212 needs to be mid at all, it's pretty much relegated to a punisher for me. F21 doesn't need to be safe either since he has F1 string.

Johnny:

F344 never whiffing on Erron and maybe other characters (only certain it works for erron)
d1 jails into St.2 on hit on everyone, not just males. All that needs to be done is extend the hitbox lower.
Forceballs can be consistent but I don't think it's absolutely needed.
Good god give him a throw KB you monsters wtf.
F4 could be faster but not needed.
Fix his KB requirements somehow. Either make it so parry always does, or make it easier somehow. As of now he's basically not an entire character. KB's completely useless.
Fix F4xxCamera flash and F344 camera flash, or whatever. I don't use that variation but it's probably the worst in the game. Probably gotta fix the shades too but I don't know enough about it.
Maybeee buff recovery on Brass Knuckle buff.

I think both of these characters are very good characters, with tons of potential held back by some slight inconsistencies and/or bugs/shitty variations.

Only nerf I can actually think of for a character I use, would be Sub Zero's F4, on Flawless make it -7. I think he'd be fine. Maybe make F2 unsafe on block as well so he can't stagger it and must commit if he throws that out.

All these very solid suggestions on how to reasonably nerf the top characters... and then you had to add buff jax -_-
and except the suggestion to remove geras' "low sand move" (..which one?). I would never agree with removing a tool from a character, just nerf frames and/or damage here and there for geras

Xelz

Go over there!
I'll bet on a minor patch after combo breaker that fixes obviously broken issues, e.g. possibly D'vorah buffs to make her viable and tone down Geras. Then a larger balance patch after Evo.

Plus, before a balance patch, I hope NRS considers whether imbalances are due to character fundamentals or poorly conceived tournament variation loadouts. Some loadouts have much better synergy than others and I'd rather see loadouts adjusted before changing moves or other character properties.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I've changed my mind, just make 50-50's unsafe, and custom variations and we're good for now.