What's new

Balance Patch Speculation

This maybe a really dumb topic but I'm bored at work.

Thoughts timing/content of a balance patch?

I am pretty anti-nerf but in my dream scenario:

Patch comes out this week (again, the dream)
D'vorah gets a whole bunch of fixes
Shao Kahn gets a few minor buffs
Erron Black... makes it so you don't need the hands of a god child to hit 21212 (I know people will cry for nerfs and that there are short cuts for the string.. but this is my list so /shrug)
-Also, Erron needs a 2nd variation
Johnny Cage gets actual krushing blows (imo thats all he needs)
Frost gets some buffs

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I have a feeling NRS is only going to lightly touch a few outlier characters on each end of the spectrum, fix some bugs, and introduce a third ranked variation for each character. With the new variations in play, they're (hopefully) unlikely to do massive balance changes this early. They may even make changes to some of the current ranked variations as another balancing tool.

This is all wishful thinking, of course.

I expect hitbox issues fixes, overheads startup nerfs, and a bunch of krushing blows requeriments adjustments.

Erron Black... makes it so you don't need the hands of a god child to hit 21212 (I know people will cry for nerfs and that there are short cuts for the string.. but this is my list so /shrug)
rofl I hope, but that's not gonna happen. Try doing it sliding your thump instead of pushing buttons.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
One-button characters will get their offending tool adjusted.
Liu's f4 will start up slower. Probably like 13-16f.
Scorpion's teleport cancel will be more negative, his meterburn not come out on block or on whiff. Standard teleport a high. Meterburn still a mid though.
Geras b12 (I think it was) more negative on block.
Not sure what about Erron, he's overperforming by a mile.
Not sure about Sonya either, tbh.
Sub's mixup made unsafe and fully punishable, probably like -19 each.

Damage adjustments.
Bottom 10 get some love.

Not sure it will be as soon as this week or frankly, even this month. Start of June seems more likely to me.

Last edited:
Frost
B121 string stops whiffing on some couching characters. Its listed as a mid it shouldn't whiff.
fix her standing 3. sometimes both of the kicks don't land on block.
make B3 14frames (maybe, idk I feel like she needs something but its too early to see what she needs exactly)
geras
has 3 great mids while some characters only have one
has great damage
1 of the 3 character with a 6 frame D1
U2 is 6F (fastest in the game) and has great range 0.o wtf
has 7 krushing blows. 5 of them are very practical.
50/50 with one of the options being safe on 90% of the cast.
doesn't have gaps in his best strings unlike most of the cast.
------ something has to change here -------

erron black
F4(?) overhead drop kick move. needs to be -infinity when successfully flawless blocked. As it stands now most characters cant punish him because hes too low to the floor. Or make his hitbox bigger while he's on the floor recovering

I'm team Buffs>Nerfs and I do feel like anything drastic so early can be considered a kneejerk reaction, but I do believe that the top 3 characters, (Geras, Erron, Sonya) are "MKX Characters" as people are calling them.
If MK11 was to have more emphasis on it's neutral and defensive options, I believe that these characters are hurting that vision in their current state.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are fine imo.

Fix the Hitboxes/Whiffs.

Legalize custom variations

Erron
-F4 range needs to be nerfed
-more recovery on his slide on block
-add a bit startup on his FB
-nerf a bit his dmg on acid

Geras
-remove his low sand move
-f22 needs to be unsafe

Sonya
-make her onion ring both high and add a bit more startup

Scorpion
-amplify teleport only on hit not on block
-remove his os on teleport

Subzero
-reduce dmg on his kb or scale them more

Jaqui
-add a bit more recovery on her cancels

Buff : shao kahn,jax,kotal,dvorah,kollector,frost.

Erron
-F4 range needs to be nerfed
-more recovery on his slide on block
-add a bit startup on his FB
-nerf a bit his dmg on acid

Geras
-remove his low sand move
-f22 needs to be unsafe

Sonya
-make her onion ring both high and add a bit more startup

Scorpion
-amplify teleport only on hit not on block
-remove his os on teleport

Subzero
-reduce dmg on his kb or scale them more

Jaqui
-add a bit more recovery on her cancels

Buff : shao kahn,jax,kotal,dvorah,kollector,frost.
All these very solid suggestions on how to reasonably nerf the top characters... and then you had to add buff jax -_-

All these very solid suggestions on how to reasonably nerf the top characters... and then you had to add buff jax -_-
lab him and you will see that all his pressure is fake

you can fuzzy his f22 f2d4 and his only tick throws are d1 and d3

for his other variation you can poke out of all his stance moves and full combo him
db2 is slow af
his bf2 has a slow startup before the move get active so you can poke him on reaction
jax is the most overated character on this forum and even by some pros have you seen any pro doing actualy well with jax againts another pro who know the match up ?

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Shao Kahn
  • Make S1 a mid for a starter so he'll have 1,4 and 1,2 strings.
  • Make S3 a mid since S4 is a high that goes into a plus mid attack.
  • Slightly increase F2 speed.
  • DB4 mid screen should be cancelable into spear and hammer toss or safely into taunts and priest summon.
  • The 4 in F3,4 string should be special cancelable.
  • DB4 should have slight invincibility frames around the start of the animation or give him 1 hit armor when he's mid air.
  • Fatal blow needs to be faster. Every other character beats his when you activate his first.
  • Make BD4 restand less negative.
  • Give DB1 the option to choose which side to throw opponent.
  • Fix the rising camera glitch Shao Kahn has.
Jacqui
  • Make it less strict to land three knees in her command grab.
  • Allow her DB1 low shot to restand like it did in mkx.
  • Her F2x? plasma rising uppercut should be less mashable ...... i'm not trying to break my y/triangle button.
  • Slightly increase the damage output when her plasma shot lands on opponent or even it out 5% when landed on opponent and 5% when its grounded.
  • Forward grab shouldn't push opponent so far.
Nerf every characters fatal blow that has a fast startup speed or increase all the slow ones.
Fatal blows shouldn't connect on breakaways.
Increase wait time before second use of a fatal blow in same round after its been blocked or it whiffs.

Last edited: