What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
It's fast enough bro. and about the dynamite. If it broke armor then how do you get around it?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Harley isn't really a trait dependent character so I think it's fine how it is. It got the buff it desperately needed already.
I'm just happy it's useable. I don't want it to be abuseable then people will cry nerf.

The only small buff I think would be nice but isn't really needed is a small damage increase of combos starting with 2u3.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
if people are fuzzy guarding you (which they should be) then start delaying your b2 slightly. It will clip anyone that fuzzy's you

The only thing I think could be done to her trait is make the rose a little better, but it's not necessary since the low percent increase is offset by the traits fast cooldown.

I would say make her F2 faster or give back some frame advantage to her 2D3. Both would be too much. Her two mid-hitting strings that are positive on block take an eternity to come out.

Overall though I don't think she needs more tuning any buffs she gets would just be a bonus. And I would hate for her to get mad buffs and become top tier that would suck all the fun out of playing her.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I've said it plenty of times, but the only fix she needs is for the hitbox of her b2 to be slightly increased in height so it can hit floating characters and not completely whiff on them. Oh and her throw range sux! :p

I've said it plenty of times, but the only fix she needs is for the hitbox of her b2 to be slightly increased in height so it can hit floating characters and not completely whiff on them. Oh and her throw range sux! :p
Yes! Her throw range is easily one of the shortest in the game. Enhancing the B2 hitbox would also make certain combos easier and might even make new combos possible

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
So I can make a thread asking to speed up her f2, and increase her throw range?

I was also gonna ask for her Super to be a hard knockdown.

deg222

So I can make a thread asking to speed up her f2, and increase her throw range?

I was also gonna ask for her Super to be a hard knockdown.
She doesn't really need her f2 to be sped up, and her Super is a hard knockdown as long as you don't touch them afterwords. I already found a way to get an instant overhead:

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
actually the only "buff" she would need is her grab range. it does suck but anything else would push her past many characters into "GOD" tier. I'm telling y'all she has still so much potential! We are not giving it our all to make her as good as she REALLY is. She doesnt need a faster f2. no way.

deg222

actually the only "buff" she would need is her grab range. it does suck but anything else would push her past many characters into "GOD" tier. I'm telling y'all she has still so much potential! We are not giving it our all to make her as good as she REALLY is. She doesnt need a faster f2. no way.
I agree, it's not asking too much to be in grab range after blocking Killer Frost's slide.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
What do you guys think of string xx trait (for TNT) as a hail mary comeback?

I like to do this if I'm really really behind on the lifelead and if they have lots of health (start/mid round, not at the end of a round since it'll be a waste).

Ramon
deg222

How do you guys implement F2 and her trait into your play? The only times I go for F2 is after a 112xxSS (midscreen or corner) or after a deep jumpin on a defensive opponent. If it's not meaty or backed by good frame advantage it's real easy to get poked out of.
About her trait do you typically go for bomb setups or safe damage/health boosts?

deg222

Ramon
deg222

How do you guys implement F2 and her trait into your play? The only times I go for F2 is after a 112xxSS (midscreen or corner) or after a deep jumpin on a defensive opponent. If it's not meaty or backed by good frame advantage it's real easy to get poked out of.
About her trait do you typically go for bomb setups or safe damage/health boosts?
The trick to using f2 is to use it very sparingly because it's reactable on block without the need to fuzzy block it. Using it sparingly means it'll make people forget about it making it more likely to hit. And yeah like you said, it works wonders on people not pressing buttons.

And honestly even though it's reactable on block, it still has its uses. f23 xx SS is +1 (i believe) on block, a new setup where the opponent is likely to press a button. If you hit f22 in the corner, there's enough hitstun for you to use neutral/jumpin j2 for an instant overhead, or go for a low b22 option.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
What do you guys think of string xx trait (for TNT) as a hail mary comeback?

I like to do this if I'm really really behind on the lifelead and if they have lots of health (start/mid round, not at the end of a round since it'll be a waste).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DMf_0ygDeoE&t=96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DMf_0ygDeoE&t=225

Those are 2 examples where i use them in tournament matches.

Ramon
deg222

Also i disagree with deg you SHOULD throw it out all the time! Because as you may know people do have to fuzzy you (not react) so a slight pause into b22 should be enough to keep them guessing. Also from time to time throw out f23xxSS just to unnerve them. Also note that f2 DOES hit high level players often like Rico and KDZ.

deg222

Also i disagree with deg you SHOULD throw it out all the time! Because as you may know people do have to fuzzy you (not react) so a slight pause into b22 should be enough to keep them guessing. Also from time to time throw out f23xxSS just to unnerve them. Also note that f2 DOES hit high level players often like Rico and KDZ.
Right, it hits high level players if you don't use it often. I've seen you fight ChrisG and it came to a point you were using it so much that he blocked it everytime. Bottom line, a human can react in 27 frames (= to half a second) only if they're expecting the f2. Again, if you use it sparingly, they won't expect it, and you can land it.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Chris blocked it because of fuzzy guarding. i catch him STILL with f2 all the time. trust me on this on deg. Now a days all i have to keep in mind is just messing the fuzzy guarding with delayed b2.