What's new

Atrocity of Season 8 of GoT

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
You make a good point there. I retract my statement about him not doing anything to try to leave.

There isn't anything that implies Jon telling Dany anything. I just assumed so because how else would she have guess all that happening? She's the same person who freed slave in Esos and leaving without establishing a new system of control which then leads to both cities that were saved in Esos to go back to slavery. She's not dumb, but I don't think she's smart either. That's up for discussion though.
Dany wasn't suspicious of Varys, where are you guys getting that? Tyrion approached her and mentioned a traitor and she assumed John. Tyrion told her it was Varys. He had no idea he was in trouble.

Skedar70

Noob
I believe the season is going perfectly.

What good would it be if it was the predictable happy ending everyone wanted? Daeneris and Jon together married and happy on the throne. The Jon vs Knight king showdown and then the hero and main character of the series kills him. Cersei hanged by Arya.

The fight against the white walkers was desperate and they lost it. They got saved by an unsuspected yet cool miracle.

Now you can't tell what is going to happen in the final episode. Who is going to end in the throne? How? Is it gonna be a happy or a sad ending.

I love it.

Sorry, just Had to vent. If you actually liked the episode please explain why. I have been a MASSIVE Game of Thrones fan. So sorry if I seem a bit pissed off, lol.
Look on the bright side, Tywin Lannister is gonna wake up the ultimate dragon, King Ghidorah.

Charles Dance is in King of the Monsters in case you didn't get the joke.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah, I was just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Arya to go after Cersei aaaaaaaaaand huge letdown. Arya was my favourite character throughout the entire series, she had some of the best character development but they really shit on her this season. It's as if they decided to let her kill the Knight King because she did shit all last season. Honestly, I would have been fine with her ending the long night if Jon would have killed Cersei, but that shit didn't even happen! (And hey, maybe they're both still alive, I mean Arya somehow survived through that).

I am okay with how Dany reacted, she acted out of anger and she went on a rampage. To me, that makes sense with her character. It's not the first time she's acted out of emotion so I honestly don't know why people are surprised she did this, to me, this was 100% obvious at this point.

How many episodes are left, 2? I don't see how they'll conclude this other than a showdown between Dany and Jon.

freerf245

11 11 11 11

What good would it be if it was the predictable happy ending everyone wanted? Daeneris and Jon together married and happy on the throne. The Jon vs Knight king showdown and then the hero and main character of the series kills him. Cersei hanged by Arya.

The fight against the white walkers was desperate and they lost it. They got saved by an unsuspected yet cool miracle.

Now you can't tell what is going to happen in the final episode. Who is going to end in the throne? How? Is it gonna be a happy or a sad ending.

I love it.
Wish I could think this way. This is the kind of response D&D wants and I guess I am glad that they atleast managed to entertain the people who want to be entertained. Just fucked up they left the fans of the series with terrible endings to each characters story.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Dany wasn't suspicious of Varys, where are you guys getting that? Tyrion approached her and mentioned a traitor and she assumed John. Tyrion told her it was Varys. He had no idea he was in trouble.
Tyrion goes up to Dany and says, "I have something to tell you.".

Dany replies, "What? That there is a traitor?".

Tyrion answers, "Yes."

Dany then goes on to say how Jon is the traitor because he broke her word and told his sisters, then Sansa told Tyrion, then Tyrion told Varyus. Tyrion tries to explain that since he's the hand of the queen that he was only doing his job and letting Varyus know of this. She then asks Tyrion, "Then why didn't you ask my permission first?". The conversation continues, but not for much longer. The next scene consists of Varyus, sitting in his chamber when he suddenly hears footsteps and knows it's Dany's soldiers coming for him. He is then executed in the next scene, but before that Tyrion states that he told Dany about his act of treason, but Dany already knew. This is what confuses me.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Episode 5 was great because it really showed the real horrors of war and instead of showing us the carnage from Dany's perspective, we saw it from everyone else's and it was really powerful. The payoffs tho, they sucked.

The issue I have with Dany is that while she can be ruthless and impulsive, in the past she's only ever directed her anger at those who deserved it. I refuse to believe that the character we've known up until now would suddenly decide to fry thousands of innocent people. Even if she wanted to "rule with fear" then destroying only the red keep would've been enough.

She's just been pathetic in general this season. Her character arc took her from a scared little girl to a powerful ruler, and now she's devolved into a female Viserys, lamenting that people don't love her and cry-begging Jon not to reveal his parentage.

Skedar70

Noob
Wish I could think this way. This is the kind of response D&D wants and I guess I am glad that they atleast managed to entertain the people who want to be entertained. Just fucked up they left the fans of the series with terrible endings to each characters story.
Its not terrible endings. Its just not the ones you wanted or were expecting. Its back to how G.R.R Martin writes. You can never expect the typical happy endings, heroes winning, main characters never die, they always win etc. We will see what new surprise happens in the final episode. Now the expected "Jon stays in the throne end" is in danger. We will see.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The issue I have with Dany is that while she can be ruthless and impulsive, in the past she's only ever directed her anger at those who deserved it. I refuse to believe that the character we've known up until now would suddenly decide to fry thousands of innocent people. Even if she wanted to "rule with fear" then destroying only the red keep would've been enough.

She's just been pathetic in general this season. Her character arc took her from a scared little girl to a powerful ruler, and now she's devolved into a female Viserys, lamenting that people don't love her and cry-begging Jon not to reveal his parentage.
It just happened too fast. Originally HBO wanted these seasons to be a full 10 episodes and for there to be more seasons, but D&D wanted that Star Wars money, despite HBO offering them more money. If we got longer seasons and more of them I'm sure a focus on Dany's descent into madness would have been attempted, so when she does lose her mind at King's Landing it would sell a lot better.

Its not terrible endings. Its just not the ones you wanted or were expecting. Its back to how G.R.R Martin writes. You can never expect the typical happy endings, heroes winning, main characters never die, they always win etc. We will see what new surprise happens in the final episode. Now the expected "Jon stays in the throne end" is in danger. We will see.
That's not what he's saying at all. Characters have either taken a random turn in terms of their representation or they have reverted back to what they once were when the show started. 7 years of character development has been thrown in the trash with this season. No one is complaining that Jaimie died. It's how he died that bothers a lot of people. Same with Cerci's death. People are upset with the amount of plot armor certain characters had in episode 3 which led them to haveing either a happy ending or for that person to stick around for some contrived melodrama. Sam should have died and so should have Brianne.

In terms of the ending, a redditor leaked information about the last episode. People would normally take it with a grain of salt; however, he listed spoilers for episode 5 a week before it aired and he was spot on with everything, so people are believing this leak and it's just unfavorable to most. What's unfavorable isn't what we expect, but a weird twist that doesn't make any sense and is uneeded.

Spoiler warning:
The war is over and Dany gives a speech about stuff. People are upset that she killed innocent people, including Tyrion who throws his hand of the king pin into the ground. Dany has Tyrion put on trial for releasing his brother. I'm not sure how she even finds out about this because no details are given, but knowing how this season is going Dany will just somehow know.

Some time during the episode, Tyrion warns Jon of the potential danger he and his family will face if Dany becomes Queen due to his heritage and tries to convince him to kill her. Dany makes her way back to the thrown and Jon swears his loyalty to Dany, then stabs her with his blade and kills her. The unsullied march back go Esos to continue freeing slaves. This was going to be done whether Dany lived or not. Her dragon takes her carcass and flies away.

Jon confesses to killing Dany and takes the oath of Black and becomes the new commander of the Night's Watch, despite their recent alliance with the wildlings and the extermination of the white walkers. I guess they need to protect Westeros from bears and stuff. The elders need to find out who will be the new king now that Dany is dead and Jon has sworn an oath.
Sam suggests diplomatic vote to decide the new king and they all laugh, but do it anyway. They vote Bran.

Once Bran is made king he frees Tyrion from his trial and appoints him, Davos, Sam, and Bronn as his delegates. Show ends.

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
I'm not going to read the spoiler of the last episode, but I know some people who did and they hated it. I'm so let down by this season that I don't know if I'll bother reading the last 2 books when they come out. Cancelling HBO after Sunday's episode.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm not going to read the spoiler, but I know some people who did and they hated it. I'm so let down by this season that I don't know if I'll bother reading the last 2 books when they come out. Cancelling HBO after Sunday's episode.
Don't cancel HBO. Watch Chernobyl. 5 episode miniseries about the events that happened at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in 1986. Quality television.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Season 1 - Winter is Coming
Season 2 - Winter is Coming
season 3 - Winter is Coming
season 4 - Winter is Coming
season 5 - Winter is Coming
Season 6 - Winter is Coming
Season 7 - Winter is Coming
Season 8 - Winter is Here
Season 8.3 - Winter is Done LMAO

The most anti climatic garbage of all time. Seriously the Night King should have just wiped out everyone and won at this point.

All the characters are completely stupid now. I don't even care who live and dies anymore or what happens.

I can't wait to see the expressions on everybody's face when the finale airs and _ Sits on the IRON THRONE. I went ahead and read the leaks since I just didn't care anymore which have in fact turned out to be accurate and let me just say Its going to be the funniest thing ever.

This show needed another 2 full seasons for this crap to make any sense. I guess Dave & Dan are in such a hurry to go ruin Star Wars some more that they couldn't wait to finish game of thrones. Damn shame too because HBO offered to do more episodes yet they turned it down. FACEPALM!
I too read the leaks and almost burst out laughing. GoT will be another great show that people will want to forget the last 2-3 seasons of.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So good television to you is just subverting expectations? This is the opposite of how George writes. He has fucked up twists like this but they are actually built up. You can go back and see where Ned Stark fucked up. You can see how Rob Stark fucked up. There was NO building up to Danny burning innocent civilians.

I love it.

So like outcomes and how outcomes are achieved are 2 different things and both matter the critique isn't really the outcome it's more how the outcome was reached.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Would have liked a satisfying ending...otherwise it really feels like a waste of time tbh.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I didn’t read the whole OP yet or the responses bc I’m on borrowed time atm, but didn’t they imply that Varys was possibly trying to poison Dany with that young girl he was talking to at the start of the episode? I thought that’s why he got roasted alive for treason, not just because he had a somewhat traitorous discussion with Jon. (PS I could be entirely wrong, I didn’t pay too much attention to the episode bc I watched it while working, but still throwing this out there bc it’s the impression I got.)
You aren’t wrong.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Well that was.............. underwhelming?

I didn't really have any expectations going in. I mean some nice rounding up of the arcs but as a GoT finale it feels extremely underwhelming.

Also they kept saying how dragons are extremely intelligent creatures but Drogon doing that was very much a WTF moment lmao