What's new

Atrocity of Season 8 of GoT

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Jon shoulda killed the Night King

Arya shoulda killed Cersi
Arya killing the Knight King isn't that bad to be honest. Remember season 3 where Millisandra meets Arya and looks into her eyes? She says, "I see three pairs of eyes. Brown eyes, Blue eyes, Green eyes.".

Brown eyes: Either that dude who trained her in Season 5 and 6 or the eye patch man in the White Walker episode. Forget his name.

Blue eyes: The Night King

Green eyes: ??? Cerci?

Still think Arya should of killed Cerci.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, is it just me or did the end of episode 5 show a shit ton of bricks falling into the basement of the Red Keep, killing noth Jamie and Cerci, but when Tyrion went down there the place was still in tact with just some bricks scattered about?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well this was literally the fifth most disappointing thing I've seen in my life.
And I've seen a few.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Arya killing the Knight King isn't that bad to be honest. Remember season 3 where Millisandra meets Arya and looks into her eyes? She says, "I see three pairs of eyes. Brown eyes, Blue eyes, Green eyes.".

Brown eyes: Either that dude who trained her in Season 5 and 6 or the eye patch man in the White Walker episode. Forget his name.

Blue eyes: The Night King

Green eyes: ??? Cerci?

Still think Arya should of killed Cerci.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, is it just me or did the end of episode 5 show a shit ton of bricks falling into the basement of the Red Keep, killing noth Jamie and Cerci, but when Tyrion went down there the place was still in tact with just some bricks scattered about?
Yeah that wasn’t about the Night King. They didn’t even know who they wanted to kill the Night King at that point. That prophecy was shoe horned into episode 3. Yeah she said that back then but it had nothing to do with the Night King

Jon heading north of the wall to presumably found a new kingdom with the wildlings is actually a good ending for him if you ask me. I'd just rather he'd done it of his own volition and after a true final battle against the walkers.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Jon shoulda killed the Night King

Etc etc
I’ve gotta be honest, I think some of your questions about the finale are even less astute than when you didn’t pick up on why Dany killed Varys, and some of the things you wanted to happen were even worse than the questions.

Anyway, no edgy opinion on GoT here but I did just want to chime in to agree with @Law Hero that Dexter remains the hands-down, far-and-away absolute king reigning supreme of terrible final seasons and nobody is probably ever going to challenge for that throne.

And if anyone still has their HBO subscriptions left for a bit lol, The Leftovers probably had the best final season of any show I’ve ever seen this side of Breaking Bad, and I highly recommend the show over all. Only three seasons that just get better and better as they progress.

See you guys for Arya’s spin-off lul.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’ve gotta be honest, I think some of your questions about the finale are even less astute than when you didn’t pick up on why Dany killed Varys, and some of the things you wanted to happen were even worse than the questions.

Anyway, no edgy opinion on GoT here but I did just want to chime in to agree with @Law Hero that Dexter remains the hands-down, far-and-away absolute king reigning supreme of terrible final seasons and nobody is probably ever going to challenge for that throne.

And if anyone still has their HBO subscriptions left for a bit lol, The Leftovers probably had the best final season of any show I’ve ever seen this side of Breaking Bad, and I highly recommend the show over all. Only three seasons that just get better and better as they progress.

See you guys for Arya’s spin-off lul.
The entire series was built for Jon to have an epic battle with the Night King. He had by far the most interactions with him along with Bran. They could have easily AT LEAST had Jon and the Night King actually fight. And have an epic battle and maybe the Night King realized they were too evenly matched and that he could kill him in a longer battle but didn’t have the time to waste on him because he wanted to kill Bran. And THEN he raised the dead and went after Bran.

But no, they wanted to subvert your expectations for the sake of shock value and “not being able to predict stuff” because it makes no fucking sense. There’s a reason you develop characters for 7 seasons. Not to have them do something completely out of character that makes no sense. It just renders all the ACTUAL character development and story development and consistency meaningless.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
The entire series was built for Jon to have an epic battle with the Night King. He had by far the most interactions with him along with Bran. They could have easily AT LEAST had Jon and the Night King actually fight. And have an epic battle and maybe the Night King realized they were too evenly matched and that he could kill him in a longer battle but didn’t have the time to waste on him because he wanted to kill Bran. And THEN he raised the dead and went after Bran.

But no, they wanted to subvert your expectations for the sake of shock value and “not being able to predict stuff” because it makes no fucking sense. There’s a reason you develop characters for 7 seasons. Not to have them do something completely out of character that makes no sense. It just renders all the ACTUAL character development and story development and consistency meaningless.
That wasn’t what I was referring to, I just didn’t wanna copy the entire long post. I also don’t really wanna get into a back and forth over every little thing I think is incredibly questionable from you either but just as one example, the notion of Jamie choosing Brienne over Cersei in the end sounds way more out of character than Dany’s decision to roast an entire city alive ever could.

You basically just make me glad I went in wanting to watch a show play out instead of wanting every single plot tied up with the neatest and tidiest bow I could imagine for it myself.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Like they didn’t have the Night King actually fight anyone. Why did they even bother switching actors to an actual swordsmith if they weren’t even gonna utilize it?

I didn’t have a problem, necessarily, with Arya killing him. That’s not the issue. The issue is how it was executed and developed. They literally shoehorned in the “prophecy” the red woman told Arya way back that had nothing to do with the Night King just so it made SOME sense that Arya dealt the final blow.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Arya would have a really short trip if Bran would just tell her what is west of Westeros. Too bad he only has convenient-to-the-plot clairvoyance and not actually-useful clairvoyance.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That wasn’t what I was referring to, I just didn’t wanna copy the entire long post. I also don’t really wanna get into a back and forth over every little thing I think is incredibly questionable from you either but just as one example, the notion of Jamie choosing Brienne over Cersei in the end sounds way more out of character than Dany’s decision to roast an entire city alive ever could.

You basically just make me glad I went in wanting to watch a show play out instead of wanting every single plot tied up with the neatest and tidiest bow I could imagine for it myself.
No it doesn’t. Because the entire arc of Jaime is him becoming more of a sensible person. He still was all over Cersei until he slowly started seeing how much of a monster she truly was. Then when she lied to everyone and didn’t send help to fight the dead, that put him over the edge enough to leave the love of his life and betray her. The Brienne thing had been developed for awhile, but “not choosing her” isn’t really my problem. It’s him erasing his character development and reverting back to his old self out of NOWHERE for NO REASON.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Well, that was a very mild end to the show. Didn't go out with a bang, but a fizzle.

Ah well, though this season hasn't been all that good, it doesn't invalidate the entire show. It was a good run and I loved watching it. I'm just disappointed that the end of the show fell flat. The last big epic fight with the Night King was good, but everything after was just... meh.

Looking forward to the next epic show.

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
Thus comes the age old question: which is worse; the show who’s finale is terrible but decidedly final, or the show which is cancelled before its time with no conclusion?
Deadwood is a great example of the latter. One of my top 5 shows of all time. Off the top of my head I can't think of a performance on television better than Ian McShane's Swearengen.

The conclusion is absolutely non-existent though, season 3 basically ramps up to a war that never happens. Excited to see the movie in a couple of weeks.

mn_tercercine

WestWorld III guys, don't forget about it. . .
God westworld is such a disappointment to me. They build an interesting world and then fuck it all up way too quickly. I would have loved a couple of seasons of Buster Scruggs style anthology stories about people screwing around in the simulation as opposed to convoluted bullshit robot philosophy.

The native american focused episode in season 2 whips though. Zach McClarnon kills it in WW and Fargo.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
God westworld is such a disappointment to me. They build an interesting world and then fuck it all up way too quickly. I would have loved a couple of seasons of Buster Scruggs style anthology stories about people screwing around in the simulation as opposed to convoluted bullshit robot philosophy.

The native american focused episode in season 2 whips though. Zach McClarnon kills it in WW and Fargo.
Watching Westworld is like watching a beautiful trainwreck. It's terrible, yet somehow fascinating and attention-drawing. Although there are worse things than WW season 2, it had probably the dumbest most laughable scene in all of television history, so it gets credit for that. Looking forward to season 3.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Castlevania Netflix might get canceled and join the list...
I haven't seen the episode yet. Think I'm gonna go do that now.
Just one question: Does it have a happy ending? And I'm talking about if it is well-written and such.
Happy for Bran...cant say that it will last long...kinda dumb and bitter end, but at least its over.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突

Yea, i heard some not so great things about season 2 around twitter. I am looking forward towards S3 though, since it might have deal with FutureWorld.

mn_tercercine

Yea, i heard some not so great things about season 2 around twitter. I am looking forward towards S3 though, since it might have deal with FutureWorld.
season 2 of WW reminded me a lot of the matrix sequels trying to be too cerebral.

That Aaron Paul trailer for WW season 3 looks cool. I had no idea it was for Westworld until they showed the title at the end. I'll definitely watch at least to see where they go with it, and because I'll pretty much watch anything HBO puts a lot of money into.