What's new

Question ask stryker thread

RamenO

It Stinks!
What's a good way to punish Johnny Cage's Flipkick? Online that shit seems worse than the Kano upball lameless when it was ridiculous.

You can't. I mean uppercut works but the timing is tight even offline. D1/Uppercut are your best bet.

Try doing it as 1 motion. Tap 1 n roll toss immediately.. no pause in between
edit: oh ok I get what you mean by that now. nvm.

For some reason it's easier with 1, 1 xx roll toss (not 1 xx roll toss).

You can also hold down 1 while you press 4. Best way to avoid negative edge but tricky to do on a pad.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
You can't. I mean uppercut works but the timing is tight even offline. D1/Uppercut are your best bet.

edit: oh ok I get what you mean by that now. nvm.

For some reason it's easier with 1, 1 xx roll toss (not 1 xx roll toss).

You can also hold down 1 while you press 4. Best way to avoid negative edge but tricky to do on a pad.
Im mad that 1,1 doesnt do extra damage in a combo :-(

and yes, uppercust is your best bet only if the guy is at a sweep distance I think. I also have a hard time punishing it when hte guy is right in my face and does a flip kick

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
What is up with his roll being stuffed by everything?

I see this nearly every game as him. I do the roll. I am one micrometer away from them about to attack and some jab or combo gets me. Really annoying.

What is up with his roll being stuffed by everything?

I see this nearly every game as him. I do the roll. I am one micrometer away from them about to attack and some jab or combo gets me. Really annoying.
Now you know how we feel. :D

Yeah it seems NRS made Roll Toss lose to absolutely ALL low attacks, even those that don't really hit low but special mid. This makes sense because Roll Toss beats all high normals and specials. Unfortunately, seems like even Stryker's armor is unable to absorb those low attacks, it just dies to them.

It's completely stupid. I hope they fix it to give Stryker some real armor from head to toe.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
For some reason I am force to reconsider my BnB with "beat down". I usually do

B1,2,2~NJP1~dash 2 xx Gunshot ~dash 3 for reset.

For some magical reason I cant seem to connect the 2 into gunshot anymore online. I can do with my eyes close in training mode, but having a serious hard time online. This has cost me a lot good amount of games lately. Now Im considering replacing 2 with 1 which is not a big deal in terms of damage. The timing between landing the 1 and 2 is a bit different.

Is anyone else having that same issue?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
For some reason I am force to reconsider my BnB with "beat down". I usually do

B1,2,2~NJP1~dash 2 xx Gunshot ~dash 3 for reset.

For some magical reason I cant seem to connect the 2 into gunshot anymore online. I can do with my eyes close in training mode, but having a serious hard time online. This has cost me a lot good amount of games lately. Now Im considering replacing 2 with 1 which is not a big deal in terms of damage. The timing between landing the 1 and 2 is a bit different.

Is anyone else having that same issue?
May I suggest you to try this?

B1,2,2~NJP1~dash 1,2 xx Gunshot ~dash 3

It works splendid and I don't have problems doing it online

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!

thanks man. I'll give it a try. I usually stay away from 1,2 because of how easily the gunshot can whiff. I guess it's practice time again hehe

RamenO

It Stinks!
I don't really find Jade to be that difficult up close. Her strings all feel fairly slow(I can't find a frame data thread in the Jade forum so this is just going off gut), so you can uppercut a good majority on reaction. You can also train your opponent to use that projectile invincibility move with gunshots. While they're doing that move I always Gunshot cancel into Roll Toss as they never seem to be expecting it; even if they block you're still safe and it again puts you up close.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
2 gunshot is infintely easier for me than 12 gunshot because theres 0 timing involved if done as fast as possible. Even in lag i cqn still get it out and maybe ill miss the ender after. If u dash straight away after the njp then input 2 gunshot without waiting for any visual cues it should be easy. I hate 12 because of the timing and doing 12 roll after it is all but impossible online. I prefer the 12 roll ender over 3 tbh. The advantage seems piddly if would at least kinda be worth it if you got a safe jump but i prefer throwing them fullscreen and getting mire dmg. As for throw doing 11% thats a wierd universal bug thing. Loads of attacks show up as 1% less after hitting an opponent in stagger in training mode. Whether it does that value im not sure and seeing as you can block way before that stagger ends for many moves it may not be an issue. Try it out with d4 after neckbite ender with mileena it does 2%. sent from my ipod touch which is why this is a wall

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I hate when that happens I rage like no other lol, but does anyone have any advice for Stryker vs Jade? I find it real odd.

also GG pmarc I learned some stuff last night.
Oh shoot you're on tym!!!! I'll say it again, I thought my stryker was badass until I ran into yours. Best stryker ever man. How did it go against birdsongs lol? Was it laggy as well? Although our session was crippled with lag, I can still see how a pain in the ass your stryker can be. I always knew stryker had a fast uppercut but the way you use it made it seems like it needed a nerf lol :-P

Yeah I definitely learned a lot too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!

Yeaaah I spent a couple time practicing 1,2 into gunshot and I have a couple problems with it

1) 1,2 juggles them too far, especially after the gunshot. It makes the timing for a follow up 1xx roll toss somewhat tight.

2) I'm too far after a standing 3 which makes any cross jump follow up almost easy to punish.

I'm still going to keep at it, but right now I'm gonna switch to 1xx gunshot :)

Oh shoot you're on tym!!!! I'll say it again, I thought my stryker was badass until I ran into yours. Best stryker ever man. How did it go against birdsongs lol? Was it laggy as well? Although our session was crippled with lag, I can still see how a pain in the ass your stryker can be. I always knew stryker had a fast uppercut but the way you use it made it seems like it needed a nerf lol :-P

Yeah I definitely learned a lot too

Thank you, but I like to think of myself as an okay stryker detriot ballin has a beast stryker he beat my stryker and jax easy today, and hes better at AA then me.

Also the lagg was odd I rarely lagg that bad it was freezing every 10 secs, and I played 1 game with birdsong and something weird happen and we both got kicked offline. He used jade and beat me clean, its why I am asking for matchup details, but it might just be that hes a really good player.

I think I rushdown to much with my stryker but I cant help it, lol, its to satisfying.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Does Stryker have any bnb combos posted anywhere? I'd like to learn him but I need somewhere to start.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Thank you, but I like to think of myself as an okay stryker detriot ballin has a beast stryker he beat my stryker and jax easy today, and hes better at AA then me.

Also the lagg was odd I rarely lagg that bad it was freezing every 10 secs, and I played 1 game with birdsong and something weird happen and we both got kicked offline. He used jade and beat me clean, its why I am asking for matchup details, but it might just be that hes a really good player.

I think I rushdown to much with my stryker but I cant help it, lol, its to satisfying.
Interesting, your stryker gives me problem and yet my stryker gives birdsongs problem lol. Maybe I should have another session with him. Sounds like he's getting use to the matchup :)

Yeah the freezing every 5-10 sec lag was annoying. Where are you located? I'm in NJ

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Yo spongebob you should be able to get a safe cross up punch or kick after landing a standing 3
You don't the advantage you get is fairly minimal to do anything. If you just dash towards them, they can already attack or jump at the end of it. You get some small advantage but lose it by the time you get to them. You don't get a safe cross up punch that would mean that standing 3 would give similar advantage to cage's nut punch which it's far from lol.

The best advantage you can get is doing 3 then cancelling to and ex gun shot cancel but this still isn't enough for a free block jip. I posted in the stryker improvements thread I think 3 should do a few % more dmg and give more advantage so that an ex gunshot cancel would give you a free blocked jip then throw attempt whatever at the cost of a bar and it would let you tack on 10% ish to combo's if you wanted it.

I think 2 gunshot is the easiest by far imo. Even easier than 1 gunshot which does 5% less of a jip bnb and even that requires some timing. With 2 gunshot theres no timing whatsoever.

Pandemic:

Bnb's I use are

12b1 njp 2 gunshot 12 roll or standing 3 against people that stand there and block.
b32 1roll/ 3
b3f3 12 gun shont 12 roll (least used launcher)
and 23 roll even though its the slowest string ever for people that don't block low mid string with stryker (even though theres no reason not to)

Interesting, your stryker gives me problem and yet my stryker gives birdsongs problem lol. Maybe I should have another session with him. Sounds like he's getting use to the matchup :)

Yeah the freezing every 5-10 sec lag was annoying. Where are you located? I'm in NJ

I am located in upstate NY like 2 hours from the City, how do you play Birdsongs jade? hmm maybe I just need more matches to get the feel of it, I usually don't play real good jades.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I am located in upstate NY like 2 hours from the City, how do you play Birdsongs jade? hmm maybe I just need more matches to get the feel of it, I usually don't play real good jades.
Oh wow that close and the lag was that bad :-(

For birdsongs jade, I condition him not to do the kick after glow by abusing roll toss. That way even after pulling my gun, I can somewhat safely cancel and jumping on him. I also go for B3 into throw a lot up close. D4 into baton sweep to condition the low block so you can D4 into throw as well. Beware of the EN glow tho, he started using it a lot the time I played him. What exactly was giving you problem?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Does Stryker have any bnb combos posted anywhere? I'd like to learn him but I need somewhere to start.
My BnBs:
JP1...B1,2,2...njp1..dash 2 xx gunshot..dash 1xx roll toss

JP1...B1,2,2...njp1..dash 2 xx gunshot..dash 1,2 xx roll toss (timing on 1,2 after gunshot can sometimes be restricted)

JP1...B1,2,2...njp1..dash 2 xx gunshot..dash 3 (my most used combo. Standing 3 resets the opponent)

B3,2...dash 1xx roll toss/gunshot/baton sweep (you can use baton sweep if you want to have zoning advantage after the knock down)

More advance and can be frustrating at time

JP1...B1,2,2...njp1..dash 3 xx EN gunshot..dash 1,2 xx roll toss (43% damage for 1 bar)

Jp2...B2,F2..dash 1,2 gunshot...dash 1,2 roll toss (40% damage, excuse my french but the timing on both 1,2s is a BITCH!!!)

B3,2..dash 1xxEN Gunshot ..dash 1 xx roll toss (the timing on 1 into roll toss can be annoying as well)

X-Ray

Jp1...B1,2,2..njp1..dash 2 xx X-ray (47%)

Jp2..B2 into xray (that one was a new discovery for me 42%)

Corner (still needs work on that department)

B3,2..1,2 xx gunshot..1,2 EN gunshot,,uppercut / standing 3/ standing 4 or for show you can do 1,1,4 (timing can be strict)

I used to do it but some ppl just spam 1,2 after a successful B3,2 in the corner

B3,2...1,2..1,2...1,2....1,2 lol you can get up to 37% damage

Corner X-Ray

B3,2..1,2 into xray (50% with jumping punch)