What's new

Question ask stryker thread

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
My BnB's are as follows:

b122, njp, 21, gunshot, 1 roll toss. Does 34%

I also do
b2f2,njp, 21, gunshot, 1 roll toss. Same damage. 34%

But I have no corner combos. Anyone got any good ones? And best ways to punish a blocked teleport or punishable move that has them spinning?

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
My BnB's are as follows:

b122, njp, 21, gunshot, 1 roll toss. Does 34%

I also do
b2f2,njp, 21, gunshot, 1 roll toss. Same damage. 34%

But I have no corner combos. Anyone got any good ones? And best ways to punish a blocked teleport or punishable move that has them spinning?
Best way to punish a blocked teleport/superman/ball move

1 xx Gunshot >> 1,2 Rolltoss for 26% damage

In my opinion it's best not to do a big BnB in the corner but just to reset with 3 and continue corner pressure.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Best way to punish a blocked teleport/superman/ball move

1 xx Gunshot >> 1,2 Rolltoss for 26% damage

In my opinion it's best not to do a big BnB in the corner but just to reset with 3 and continue corner pressure.
Or you can do 1xxgunshot into standing 3 for reset :) or
1 xx gunshot...1 baton sweep if you know how to beat wake ups for certain characters (see Vulcan 's thread on how to beat/stuf wake ups)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The neat thing about standing 3 is that you completely eliminate 80% of their defensive options (they can't do an invincible wake up attack, they can't roll back, they can't stay grounded). They're just standing there, vulnerable to mixups and corner pressure. And the more pressure you apply, the bigger the chances they are going to start mashing a reversal or D1/D4. And if you play your cards right, that's when you can land a free combo on them.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Not even close. Johnny Cage and Sonya have safe jump set ups. Stryker's jump set ups die to 6, 8 and even 10 frame reversals.
OK then let me take out the "safe" and just say stryker can do a crossup punch after successfully landing a standing 3 lol

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
OK then let me take out the "safe" and just say stryker can do a crossup punch after successfully landing a standing 3 lol

Your going to be taken for a ride by people who know how to AA properly if you try to crossup punch after a standing 3

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Your going to be taken for a ride by people who know how to AA properly if you try to crossup punch after a standing 3
Not against characters with shitty uppercut and slow startup moves lol. Anywho, I'm not trying to justify it, but o have yet to run into someone who makes me regret doing it. Then again, I'm mostly online so I have yet to see how unsafe it is offline :-D

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
The neat thing about standing 3 is that you completely eliminate 80% of their defensive options (they can't do an invincible wake up attack, they can't roll back, they can't stay grounded). They're just standing there, vulnerable to mixups and corner pressure. And the more pressure you apply, the bigger the chances they are going to start mashing a reversal or D1/D4. And if you play your cards right, that's when you can land a free combo on them.
The thing is Stryker's pressure isn't strong enough to justify using standing 3 frequently. His pressure is pretty easy to defend against. The fact of the matter is that sometimes it may be better to allow the opponent a wake up, and then punish him for waking up. In my opinion 3 should be used sparingly to surprise your opponent unless your in the corner.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
How in the world do you land a njp after a B2,F2 launcher? This seems impossible as the opponent is not launched as high as B1,2,2 string

Soz lol. I just Ctr C and Ctr V the other combo and replaced the start as they are so similar. remove the NJP and its the same combo. 34%

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Yeaaah I spent a couple time practicing 1,2 into gunshot and I have a couple problems with it

1) 1,2 juggles them too far, especially after the gunshot. It makes the timing for a follow up 1xx roll toss somewhat tight.

2) I'm too far after a standing 3 which makes any cross jump follow up almost easy to punish.

I'm still going to keep at it, but right now I'm gonna switch to 1xx gunshot :)
That's right, 1,2 pushes them a bit far but are you sure that's a big problem?

If you only want to do damage without resets, this is ok:

fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; uppercut = 36%

About the reset, I like this:

fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; 3xxgunshot (that you can cancel obviously cancel)

and this:

fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; 3; dash

*I think the opponent can punish your jump in after standing 3, no matter the distance

**Does any of you use b2,b4?
I usually use this when the opponent blocks the first hit and I have to say it works 90% of the time.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
That's right, 1,2 pushes them a bit far but are you sure that's a big problem?

If you only want to do damage without resets, this is ok:

fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; uppercut = 36%

About the reset, I like this:

fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; 3xxgunshot (that you can cancel obviously cancel)

and this:

fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; 3; dash

*I think the opponent can punish your jump in after standing 3, no matter the distance

**Does any of you use b2,b4?
I usually use this when the opponent blocks the first hit and I have to say it works 90% of the time.
hmmm im interested in the fjp; b1,2,2; njp; 1,2xxgunshot; dash; uppercut = 36% that you posted since you also have zoning advantage after an uppercut. If i remember correct, this does the same damage as FJP; B1,2,2; NJP; Dash 2 xx Gunshot; dash 1 roll toss I believe. so I might consider it :)

Dang! you're the 3rd person to point out how unsafe a cross up JP can be after a standing 3. Have you guys at least tried to do it? I often see people go for an uppercut which I easily jump over and land my cross JP. If you get successful, people will respect it and be force to block the cross JP which can leave into a B3 into throw or whatever frame traps you use up close.

To all the stryker players on here, I recommend doing it for 3 matches. I guaranty you that you will be able to continue your pressure after cross up. I think it's something that you guys should at least consider. The key to it is to do a dash standing 3, then dash cross punch (the dash after the standing 3 will allow you to jump over the uppercut attempts). NO GUN CANCEL after the standing 3.

PoliceB is right... after standing 3, oponent is on pressure, Upper is very risky at this time. And even if they try the upper, sometimes yet you can cross jump and punish this. I usually worry about JK, this yes, a real threat to pressure game.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Alright folks, I bring some good news and bad news. I'm sure you are already know what I'm going to say lol

Bad news:

A cross up punch after a standing 3 in a combo is a BIG NO NO!!! :-( I was able to confirm with the help of tomlulsbrady. I was eating stryker's uppercut before and after the cross punch. So that confirms that any characters with an uppercut similar to stryker's is a definite no no. Which also means that any fast special with less than 10 frames like V mention will counter that setup.

Good news:

Characters with shitty uppercut DO NOT stand a chance. If you are ermac, Shang tsung don't bother using it. So that brings us back to knowing our match ups and character limitations. Tom tried to uppercut me every time to punish the cross punch and couldn't with Shang. Even when trying to time it. It get crossed over or stuffed. So yeah it is still a viable setup but you have to know how/when to use it :)

I gotvto see how godlike Stryker's uppercut really is :)

Thanks again Tom for helping test this. I'm sure more testing is required but I'm satisfied for now hehe... I know im not Krazzzy :confused:

Do you take your gun out and cancel it into jump after standing 3? Or do you just jump after 3?

They're both unsafe and have similar advantage but I still think taking gun out is a must after every 3 you hit. Not only for the meter gain but also for mind games and baiting potential.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Do you take your gun out and cancel it into jump after standing 3? Or do you just jump after 3?

They're both unsafe and have similar advantage but I still think taking gun out is a must after every 3 you hit. Not only for the meter gain but also for mind games and baiting potential.
in order to do a somewhat successful cross up punch you should not do a gun cancel. By the the you cancel, the opponent will already be at the neutral state. So after the standing 3, you will already be on your dash animation and ready to jump by the time the opponent gets to a neutral state. Which probably why can you have to jump over any uppercut attempt (if they manage to pull it out of course) for the slow characters. But yes I do agree with doing the gun cancel after the standing 3 to condition the opponent to stay still. once you have conditioned them, it is even easier to just move forward and do the cross up into B3 throw or B1,2 xx baton sweep..or heck if you land it do another reset. When I do it successfully, i usually get away with at least 70% damage lol...gotta love stryker. So yeah the more mxup and tools we have the better.

In other news, I noticed Tom was locking me in the frame trap that you be using V. i.e D1 into standing 4 etc. That was my first time being locked in stryker's frame trap and i must say it's a thing of beauty :) D1 prevents any jumping out attempt and standing 4 is so quick that i can even do any special moves or down poke smh. im going to have to start practicing them as well

Stryker uppercut is godlike I can't imagine how I would AA without it, and it was no problem pmarc us stryker players must stick together were all we got. Man I want to see a good stryker player on streams repping us stryker players so bad.

I am hearing from pig of the hut in a stream that stryker is getting some significant buffs, he said something about stryker mixups being like kabal. faster gun cancel, and a low pop up. I asked him to post this information over here for us, and he said he would.

lol wut. Kabal-like mixups? wtf. And he already had a low popup.. so I'm not sure what that's about. Maybe a faster B3?

A faster gun cancel sounds very interesting I admit.

I just hope they don't over do it and turn Stryker into a broken mess. Then every body is going to jump on the Stryker bandwagon. He just needed real armor and better normals to be viable imo. But I'm still curious to see what NRS had in mind for buffs.

lol wut. Kabal-like mixups? wtf. And he already had a low popup.. so I'm not sure what that's about. Maybe a faster B3?

A faster gun cancel sounds very interesting I admit.

I just hope they don't over do it and turn Stryker into a broken mess. Then every body is going to jump on the Stryker bandwagon. He just needed real armor and better normals to be viable imo. But I'm still curious to see what NRS had in mind for buffs.
Yeah I didn't understand what he was talking about he said he would post it over here later to make it more clear.

what stream, send us a link please.

sorry for interrupting your stryker talk.

and btw i hope stryker doesn't get a kabal like mix up :/ we want to fix stryker, not break him

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
What do you guys do after you hit the opponent midair with a fjp?

Yesterday I tried this, but doesn't do much damage :/ maybe you have better combos

air to air fjp, 1xxgunshot; dash 4 = 15%

Also, what do you do when you hit the opponent with b3?

I usually do this:

b3,2; 1xxRoll Toss = 25%

or this:

b3,2; 1xxGunshot; dash 4 = 28% (In this combo I love to cancel 4 into Baton Sweep...It works pretty often)

RamenO

It Stinks!
If you want damage after your B3, 2 pop up, do this:

B3, 2, slight dash 1 xx EN Gunshot, slight dash 1 xx Roll Toss. Does 33% I believe(36% with a jump in punch), which isn't too shabby considering it's your low string and not the launcher. You can replace the dash 1 xx Roll Toss with a dash uppercut(32%, 35% with a jump in punch) to gain zoning advantage. Depends on the match up. If you don't want to waste a meter, just do that same combo minus the EN Gunshot(replace with regular Gunshot) and end it with a dash 4. Execution is really tight, though. Could end it with a dash D1 if you're not feeling the timing but does significantly less at 23%. Does about 28% with the dash 4 I think, 31% with a jump in punch.

I find it's better to use 3 after a FJP so they don't gain a wake up opportunity or roll back away from you. Does 8% I think, but is worth it because it limits their options. Props to Police Brutality for the 3 after FJP, though. Learned that from him. Also, note that the hitbox of the boot will look like it won't hit, but it will with the right timing. If they're in the corner you can just repeat 1, 2 xx Gunshot twice and end with a 4 for like 25% if you're fishing for damage, but going for a 3 after the first 1, 2 Gunshot isn't bad either at 17% and the reset situation.

EDIT: I realize that is kind of confusing/muddled together so let me put it down individually.

B3, 2 -> slight dash 1 xx EN Gunshot -> slight dash 1 xx Roll Toss - 33%, 36% with FJP
B3, 2, slight dash 1 xx EN Gunshot, slight dash uppercut - 32%, 35% with FJP
B3, 2, slight dash 1 xx Gunshot, slight dash 4 - 28%, 31% with FJP
B3, 2, slight dash 1 xx Gunshot, slight dash D1 - 23%, 26% with FJP
FJP, slight dash 3 - 8%
FJP, 1, 2 xx Gunshot, 1, 2 xx Gunshot, 4 - 25% Corner Only
FJP, 2, 2 xx Gunshot, 3 - 17% Corner Only

Also don't neglect Baton Sweep as an ender as it gives you an untechable knockdown, putting them at your feet to continue pressure.

B3, 2 -> slight dash 1 xx Baton Sweep - 20%(25% with EN), 24%(28% with EN) with a FJP