What's new

ask sektor thread

the B34 TU B21 B34 EXTU B2 Flamethrower

i can't connect the B21 consistenly, i've got a tip from ketchup do do b21 immidiatly after sektor hits the ground but even with that tip the 4 of b34 sometimes misses.

howwww?

Robotic

Gentleman.
the B34 TU B21 B34 EXTU B2 Flamethrower

i can't connect the B21 consistenly, i've got a tip from ketchup do do b21 immidiatly after sektor hits the ground but even with that tip the 4 of b34 sometimes misses.

howwww?
You cannot connect b21 into b34 from a b34 combo starter. TU into b21 b34, 21 TU into b21 b34 and b2 TU into b21 b34 are the only combo starters where this can happen, if my memory serves.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I have a question for the high level "tournament" Sektors. Do you guys use a pad or stick because as of late I have been having a hell of a time executing my iatu's on ps3 pad. I play some really good players as much as I can offline and they punish the shit out of me or it really just throws me off in the middle of a fight when i miss them, especially when I miss like 3 in a row. I used to be much more efficient at it. I went to the Ark4 tournament and placed 3rd and had 1 hit to go on Justin Wong and I would have been in the grand finals. But the dude came back on me. I think my nervous system shut down or something, it was insane. So I consider myself a pretty good sektor, but wtf is up with this iatu. I started practicing with the arcade stick last night and the iatu's were much faster than on pad and I was executing them more efficiently. Seems my thumb can only be so fast and accurate. But im training for some upcomming tournaments including Final Round so I'm about to make a switch...maybe.

Crathen

Death is my business
It is possible to b34 Tu b21 b34 into whatever ( most commonly EX TU ) but it has to be timed perfectly , a little trick i've found is to hold forward when you are in the TU animation so that when you land you will advance a tiny bit and immediately b21 into b34 , however it can be hard to execute in a real match when you feel the pressure and definately don't try it online lol

Btw with the same trick you can u34 Tu b21 b34 Ex Tu into whatever ender.

[MENTION=6044]eklectic[/MENTION] i personally use a pad and i don't have trouble or mistimes with Iatu , it's not a matter of pad or stick , practice makes perfect , the only reason i can think for your mistimings is that you are inputting the Iatu too fast or not clean inputs.
To practice it just hit the lab and work on getting 2 Iatu in a combo ( meaning Iatu into another Iatu ) and try every motion for it ( neutral jump , forward jump and back jump ).

ryublaze

Noob
You cannot connect b21 into b34 from a b34 combo starter. TU into b21 b34, 21 TU into b21 b34 and b2 TU into b21 b34 are the only combo starters where this can happen, if my memory serves.
You can but the timing is really strict. You can also connect b2, 1, b3, 4 after F4, TU.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
[MENTION=6044]eklectic[/MENTION] i personally use a pad and i don't have trouble or mistimes with Iatu , it's not a matter of pad or stick , practice makes perfect , the only reason i can think for your mistimings is that you are inputting the Iatu too fast or not clean inputs.
To practice it just hit the lab and work on getting 2 Iatu in a combo ( meaning Iatu into another Iatu ) and try every motion for it ( neutral jump , forward jump and back jump ).
Alright, I put the stick back on the shelf and did what u said for like 3 hrs tonight. Definately needed that, still not perfect but much much better. Thanks for the advice and the training tip.

I main Sub-Zero. Looking to pick up Sektor as my secondary.

My play time is extremely limited, so I won't be able to commit many combos to muscle memory.

SO, if you had to recommend 5-6 must-know situational combos, which would they be?

Thanks.

ryublaze

Noob
I main Sub-Zero. Looking to pick up Sektor as my secondary.

My play time is extremely limited, so I won't be able to commit many combos to muscle memory.

SO, if you had to recommend 5-6 must-know situational combos, which would they be?

Thanks.
The damage for these combos are from before the patch. Now they should do a few percent less.

1, 2, B+1, Jump Kick, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 3, Metal Uppercut, B+2 Flame Burner (45%, 47% w/ EX Flame, 11 Hits)
You can switch the Jump Kick and F+4, 3 around. It should do the same damage.

Low starter:
B+3, 4, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 3, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (38%, 40% w/ EX Flame, 9 Hits)

Use after blocking an opponent's teleport:
F+4, 3, Teleport Uppercut, Jump Kick, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (39%, 41% w/ EX Flame, 8 Hits)

Using EX Teleport Uppercut as a wake-up attack:
Metal Uppercut, Jump Kick, Teleport Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (34% post-patch, 6 Hits)

Wall combo:
1, 2, B+1, B+2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2 Flame Burner (45%, 11 Hits)

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
I've been using Sektor almost exclusively for about 6 weeks now & i noticed that sometimes people use 'f4, 3' rather than 'f4,4' in combos. When & why would you use either?

EDIT: Also what do you think of TU as an anti air? What punisher do you use for whiffed teleports? E.g Mileena's roll

I've been using Sektor almost exclusively for about 6 weeks now & i noticed that sometimes people use 'f4, 3' rather than 'f4,4' in combos. When & why would you use either?

EDIT: Also what do you think of TU as an anti air? What punisher do you use for whiffed teleports? E.g Mileena's roll
F43 nets more damage in combos, while f44 nets more damage by itself. It's not a significant increase, only 1 or 2%, but why not take it.

TU as an anti-air is a bad idea. Not only does Sektor have a ton of better options, TU's come up where the opponent was when inputted, so it will likely wiff.

I usually punish blocked teleports with

f43>TU>12>Flameburner
f43>TU>12>Up Missile
f43>TU>JK>EXTU>12>Flameberner
f43>TU>JK>EXTU>12>Up Missile

I don't remember the damages exactly off the top of my head, but if my memory serves me they range from the 30-40%. You can also do do f43>TU>b21>b34>TU or standard EXTU enders, but it's trickier to do and I personally feel that the extra 3% or so you get isn't worth the risk. Looks awesome though.

ryublaze

Noob

Also, F4, 4, TU's timing is weird because of negative edge. If you just dial the inputs in the TU might not come out.

I usually punish with F4, 3, TU, JK, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner

BUT when punishing specifically Mileena's roll, the 3 will miss most of the time. For that, you want to punish with F4, 4, TU.

I believe these are Sektor's highest damaging punishers:
F4, 3, TU, F4, 3, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (41%)
F4, dash, F4, 3, TU, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (41%)

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Sorry if the video is not posted where necessary. Maybe you do not see here not anything new, but maybe it will help some players in the definition of juggling with the Sector for maximum damage.And maybe help with new ideas, new combos.

What are Sektors safest combo starters(safe on block)? Wtf do i use wakeup(i get blown up every time).
Sektor has no safe combo starters. Everything can either be punished on block (b2, b34) or poked out of (everything else).

Wake-ups are situational. Wake-up Flame Burner can work on overly aggressive opponents, but only once or twice. Fire is also a good choice if they like to jump a lot. EXTU should only be used to get out of a corner, and even then it's extremely risky. Other than that, wake-ups tend to be a bad choice. Roll or block and put that 6 frame 1 to use.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
No you can't, and I can't imagine why you would want to. That seems downright suicidal.
If it was, you would have invincibility(and HYPOTHETICALLY up missile pressure).. Thanks anyway.. Also I'm thinking of using 122 or 122 flame as my block string(It builds hella meter!) what do think?

If it was, you would have invincibility(and HYPOTHETICALLY up missile pressure).. Thanks anyway.. Also I'm thinking of using 122 or 122 flame as my block string(It builds hella meter!) what do think?
It would have some invincibility, but the animation lasts way longer than the amount of invincible frames you get with a wake-up. That's the problem with Sektor's wake-up game.

122 and 122>Flame Burner are bad for pressure but great for creating space. If you aren't looking for space, consider ending with a Straight Missile instead. If you are looking for space, 124>Flame Burner actually creates more. For pressure, I tend to use 11b1 and 214. The delay on the kick in 214 can sometimes catch people that think they can go for a full punish, but it does send them to full screen.

And speaking of asking Sektor: does anyone know if b1 is just as safe in 11b1 as it is alone?

k so timing question on sektor when you 12b1 into njp what is the timing on the punch? trying to connect it to f4 any thoughts

k so timing question on sektor when you 12b1 into njp what is the timing on the punch? trying to connect it to f4 any thoughts
My advice is to not bother with it.

12b1~NJP~f44~TU~JK~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=45%
12b1~f43~TU~JK~EXTU~b2~Flameburner=45%

Because of the height and added gravity scaling from the added NJP, f43 (whose damage scales better) can't be used. Most of the time the 3 the won't connect and when it does the TU afterwards will leave them so low you can't follow up with anything meaningful. At best, you get a whole 2% if you opt to got for dash~12~Up/Homing Missile (41 vs 43%)

Keep it simple. There's no reason to do NJP combos with Sektor.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what can you pressure with after a landed d4. His 1 starters are too short but his f2 works to close space, any other suggestions after d4 that can lead to a combo on hit?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what can you pressure with after a landed d4. His 1 starters are too short but his f2 works to close space, any other suggestions after d4 that can lead to a combo on hit?
B21 seems like a good choice. There's only a two frame window to interrupt and is basically safe between being -4 on block and it's pushback. It also connects on all except max d4 range and won't wiff on crouch. F2 will connect at max range but there are four frames to interrupt. It's neutral on block though and also can't be ducked.

Which leads to my question; are b2 and f2 hit-conformable?