What's new

ask sektor thread

Robotic

Gentleman.
well lets say if i didnt you my x-ray to end the round?
Depending on if your opponent has meter or not, your best bet may be to block and see what he does as he may be in desparation mode to use an enhanced move, use X-ray himself, or wait for you to straight missile (an obvious choice for Sektor due to the distance the X-ray creates) so he can punish. Chances are, if you've landed an X-ray, he may want to close distance because he is behind. If so, and he is a teleporter, look for that and block. If he is not, then he may close distance by jumping in, in which case up missile front is your best bet.

Fighting games are situational. I can't give you the best move to try after X-ray, only what could be a good course of action depending on the examples. Try to refrain from using X-ray with Sektor - A full meter is a bad sign for a Sektor player.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Why is Sektors forward 4, 4 into TU impossible online but the easiest thing possible offline? Any single bit of lag makes the TU not come out or if it does it comes out late. Really retarded because I have the timing perfectly down in training mode and can do it in non laggy games but as soon as someone comes in with even the smallest hint of lag it's impossible.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Why is Sektors forward 4, 4 into TU impossible online but the easiest thing possible offline? Any single bit of lag makes the TU not come out or if it does it comes out late. Really retarded because I have the timing perfectly down in training mode and can do it in non laggy games but as soon as someone comes in with even the smallest hint of lag it's impossible.
Even with horrendous lag (which I actually don't get very much of now online) I can still easily land his f44 to TU. Dunno as long as your not relying on visual clues then just doing f44 then TU as soon as you've done the second 4 should always be successful. What I always screw up though is f44 TU and then jk ex TU, ex TU just refuses to come out so I usually stick to f44 ex TU 3% less dmg but very reliable.

if your doing the 12b1 f44 tu j.k tu combo with no meter just do 12b1 f44 b21, its more damage and easier

same with 12b1 j.k tu j.k tu

yeah and as for 12b1 f44 tu j.k extu b2flamethrower just do 12b1 f44 extu b2 flamethrower, the j.k extu at the end would only be a little extra damage but isn't worth it if you keep dropping it. and if you want to keep yourself in zoning space after a combo do

12b1 f44tu (or j.k tu) b1 for about 30-34% damage, as it will push your opponent all the way across the screen

but if your wondering why the tu doesnt come out after the tu online is because more then likely your doing it just a tad late and online the slightest bit of lag will throw it off, so if you want to be safe online with trading about 5% less just do the 12b1 j.k tu b21 combo

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Thanks, I have the timing down perfectly in training mode. It's like right as the second kick in the 44 is hitting you do it. Online though it comes out sometimes and sometimes it comes out late. :( Makes the few times I pop the guy up disappointing. Gonna try out your non TU reliant combos in a bit.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Would shooting an up missle rather then finishing the back 21 at the end of his combos be good for a mixup? Assuming the guy gets up fast it looks like it'd be good for at least making your next block string safe.

I'm gonna try it out a bit and see if it works well.

B+2 to flamethrower is generally better first of all. You can try B+2, up missile, but they can roll backwards out of it. Worth a try once in a while to see if they know that, since it pretty much screws every other option.

@ Tom Brady's living guide, is b34 only for blocked JiP strings, and the post throw 50/50, or should I be using them as much as 12b1? also 214, im a little confused on how to prioritize the mixup of b34, and 214 despite understanding what brady means by them,

so far i've been trying to get a timing handle on getting 12b1 consistent

After ending a combo with Burner, how do you deal with the opponent jumping toward you right away? I'm just picking up Sektor now and I haven't used him in real matches yet, I'm wondering if using another Burner right afterwards will catch them or if it is too slow? I always over-estimate the hit stun that comes with landing Burner

It'll usually catch them. Rarely it hasn't, but I think that that's just because I didn't do it quite immediately enough. Double flamethrower is one of the safest options.

If you know they're going to jump at you though, Jump towards and do a very early jump kick to TP. Since you had advantage after flamethrower, yours will win. Big damage, but riskier than a second flame.

can anyone tell me the best way to deal with a pretty Decent Kenshi.??..hell just Kenshi in General??
try to bait the reflect with upmissle then TU combo.

overwhelm him with up missles also as they dont reflect back, they just go up.

cross him up. His only defense is pretty much his wake up attacks which you can block and punish with a quick 12b1 combo.

TU combo on reaction to his telekinesis moves

What's the best X-Ray combo for Sektor?
none sektor has far superior meter usage (extu on wake up, homing missle for pressure)

53% (situational but possible) off of one bar

the better question should be, what is sektors best meter combo and its 12b1 j.k tu j.k EXtu b2flamethrower

but for an xray combo then...maybe

12b1 f44 tu 12 xray or somethin like that.

Can anyone tell me how safe 3 is on block? I'm just wondering if it's possible to use it as a way to get a free up missile off since it looks like it pushes people out of jab range. I'll test it a bit myself when I get a chance if no one knows. I'm sure it's not a FREE up missile, but it might be a decent way to pressure since it keeps you safe once the missile is out.

Filia

Noob
How safe is non-ex flamethrower on block? I've considered using it as pressure to discourage jumps after a bnb with flamethrower finish, so I'm free to go in and mixup. I'm guessing it's pretty much punishable with opponents combo of choice within sweep distance, much like Ermac TKP.

EDIT: After reading the double FIORRR thread, I need to clarify. I know it's punishable by psychic quicker ranged/dash moves like Ermac TKP, Reptile, Johnny, NW etc. But, for characters without a fast ranged special, like KL (fast special but not within range of flamethrower I'm thinking?) could flamethrower be used as sort of a braindead pressure move much like Kenshi shoulder spam?

ryublaze

Noob
what are sectors best corner combos?
Check out the combo video I posted in the Target Acquired thread.

45% No Meter Wall Combo:
1, 2, B1, B2, 1 (hold back for 1/2 second to use B2), 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, Flame Burner
^^EX Flame Burner is almost useless because it only adds 1 extra percent.

Another 45% No Meter Wall Combo:
1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1 (hold back for 1/2 second to use B2), 1, 2, 2, Flame Burner
^^again, EX Flame Burner is almost useless.

53% 2 Meters Wall Combo:
1, 2, B1, Jump Kick, EX Teleport Uppercut, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, EX Flame Burner
^^EX Flame Burner isn't necessary. I think w/o it, it does 51%.
^^Jump Kick, EX Teleport Uppercut will turn Sektor back around, allowing the wall combo to be performed.

X-Ray Wall Combos:
(50%) 1, 2, B1, F4, Up Missile, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray
(51%) 1, 2, B1, B2, 1, 1, 2, 4, X-Ray
(51%) NJP, F4, Up Missile, B2, 1, 1, 2, X-Ray
(54%) 1, 2, B1, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray
(56%) 1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray

Robotic

Gentleman.
How safe is non-ex flamethrower on block? I've considered using it as pressure to discourage jumps after a bnb with flamethrower finish, so I'm free to go in and mixup. I'm guessing it's pretty much punishable with opponents combo of choice within sweep distance, much like Ermac TKP.

EDIT: After reading the double FIORRR thread, I need to clarify. I know it's punishable by psychic quicker ranged/dash moves like Ermac TKP, Reptile, Johnny, NW etc. But, for characters without a fast ranged special, like KL (fast special but not within range of flamethrower I'm thinking?) could flamethrower be used as sort of a braindead pressure move much like Kenshi shoulder spam?
Short answer is yes. It is a great tool for those that don't have fast advancing special moves. I swear by double flame thrower (sometimes even 3 or 4 if my opponent doesn't wise up) against those that can't punish. When they understand, they will block the 2nd, anticipated torch, to which you can dash forward and commence a wide range of options.

Check out the combo video I posted in the Target Acquired thread.

45% No Meter Wall Combo:
1, 2, B1, B2, 1 (hold back for 1/2 second to use B2), 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, Flame Burner
^^EX Flame Burner is almost useless because it only adds 1 extra percent.

Another 45% No Meter Wall Combo:
1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1 (hold back for 1/2 second to use B2), 1, 2, 2, Flame Burner
^^again, EX Flame Burner is almost useless.

53% 2 Meters Wall Combo:
1, 2, B1, Jump Kick, EX Teleport Uppercut, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, EX Flame Burner
^^EX Flame Burner isn't necessary. I think w/o it, it does 51%.
^^Jump Kick, EX Teleport Uppercut will turn Sektor back around, allowing the wall combo to be performed.

X-Ray Wall Combos:
(50%) 1, 2, B1, F4, Up Missile, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray
(51%) 1, 2, B1, B2, 1, 1, 2, 4, X-Ray
(51%) NJP, F4, Up Missile, B2, 1, 1, 2, X-Ray
(54%) 1, 2, B1, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray
(56%) 1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray
hey cool combos but i wouldnt advise any xray combos.. check out my sticked thread on the top of the forum sektor for wall combos

the 12b1 b21 12 122flamethrower is already posted as a combo. I was doing some experiementing a while ago and was messing around with the 12b1 f4 start.. you should post these in the wall combos thread

ryublaze

Noob
hey cool combos but i wouldnt advise any xray combos.. check out my sticked thread on the top of the forum sektor for wall combos

the 12b1 b21 12 122flamethrower is already posted as a combo. I was doing some experiementing a while ago and was messing around with the 12b1 f4 start.. you should post these in the wall combos thread
Yeah I know it is already posted as a combo. I'll post them in that thread thanks.