What's new

ask sektor thread

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Is there anything Sektor can do against an opponent who is blocking while ducking?
Low blocking limits quite a lot of sektor's options so there really isn't a reason to not low block against sektor but there are still things you can do to crouch blockers.

Use throw a lot. You can do half strings and then dash in an throw and end them at other times.

Use strings that will still hit them in crouch block like 21 and 214 the 4 catches people out a lot too.

Leg lift gives you a 50/50 mixup. Try covering you leg lift with a homing missle or after a blocked jip to stop them from interrupting you. When you go for the overhead i reccommend doing the EX TU straight after because its not hit confirmable like b34. After the 4 to EX TU jk TU uppercut is the best option I think.

Cross over jump punches are good too ofc and force people to blow high. After a blocked cross over punch you get a free throw attempt, can try for leg lift and b34 catches many people off guard being a low after a mid. Dunno if it'd work but delibaretly pressing the punch too late so it doesn't appear but you can hear it then going or b34 might??? fake somebody out? Seems a bit too gimmicky to work but you could try I guess.

Anyway above all just keep throwing its very important with sektor and only use leg lift when you know they're not likely to interrupt you.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Low blocking limits quite a lot of sektor's options so there really isn't a reason to not low block against sektor but there are still things you can do to crouch blockers.

Use throw a lot. You can do half strings and then dash in an throw and end them at other times.

Use strings that will still hit them in crouch block like 21 and 214 the 4 catches people out a lot too.

Leg lift gives you a 50/50 mixup. Try covering you leg lift with a homing missle or after a blocked jip to stop them from interrupting you. When you go for the overhead i reccommend doing the EX TU straight after because its not hit confirmable like b34. After the 4 to EX TU jk TU uppercut is the best option I think.

Cross over jump punches are good too ofc and force people to blow high. After a blocked cross over punch you get a free throw attempt, can try for leg lift and b34 catches many people off guard being a low after a mid. Dunno if it'd work but delibaretly pressing the punch too late so it doesn't appear but you can hear it then going or b34 might??? fake somebody out? Seems a bit too gimmicky to work but you could try I guess.

Anyway above all just keep throwing its very important with sektor and only use leg lift when you know they're not likely to interrupt you.

Thanks for the help dude I appreciate it.

Creepy00

Noob
Correct if i wrong but does umk3 sektor kustome have safer and faster upmissiles than normal sektor. I played a umk3 sektor online, everytime he knock me down, he would do upmissile and mix me up with combos. Funny thing when i asked if umk3 sektor can only do it, he left from the room? :/

Correct if i wrong but does umk3 sektor kustome have safer and faster upmissiles than normal sektor. I played a umk3 sektor online, everytime he knock me down, he would do upmissile and mix me up with combos. Funny thing when i asked if umk3 sektor can only do it, he left from the room? :/
As far as i know that costume have exactly the same.properties as robot sektor (aside from the glitch with leg lift and tu) but it.just seems to me like you finally ran across a rather well played sektor.

As far as i know that costume have exactly the same.properties as robot sektor (aside from the glitch with leg lift and tu) but it.just seems to me like you finally ran across a rather well played sektor.
This.

Nothing different from standard Sektor.

Front Up Missiles may have been used if were advancing forward. Mixing that with Up Missile can really frustrate rushdown characters.

What legift and tu glitches?
I posted a while ago about a glitch i had found with the classic costume where if you cancel leg lift into teleport it will sometimes (roughly 33% of the time) cause a graphical crash causing your screen to black out and your xbox to freeze (i don't have it for ps3 so i couldn't test it there.)

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I posted a while ago about a glitch i had found with the classic costume where if you cancel leg lift into teleport it will sometimes (roughly 33% of the time) cause a graphical crash causing your screen to black out and your xbox to freeze (i don't have it for ps3 so i couldn't test it there.)
Never had any issues with that personally. Anyway all the classic costumes arn't actually different costumes, NRS was kinda lazy and its just the character models taken from the challenge tower so in other words they're unpatched which is why UMK cyrax has bomb trap MK2 noob can't cancel into black hole etc.

Aside from the universal dmg nerf I don't think sektor's actually been changed with a patch so his UMK3 costume should be exactly the same as his normal P1 costume.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
I'm just saw that Community Combo vid, and I wanna try out the Sektor combo that looks like
upmissile > jip > b2 , TU > b2, 1 , b3, 4 > EnTU > b3, 4 > TU

I can't get the b3, 4 after the b2, 1. In the video the opponent falls down, but when I try my opponent hops up after 1 and falls at an arch away from Sektor.

Any suggestions?

ryublaze

Noob
I'm just saw that Community Combo vid, and I wanna try out the Sektor combo that looks like
upmissile > jip > b2 , TU > b2, 1 , b3, 4 > EnTU > b3, 4 > TU

I can't get the b3, 4 after the b2, 1. In the video the opponent falls down, but when I try my opponent hops up after 1 and falls at an arch away from Sektor.

Any suggestions?
Both the B2, 1 and the B3, 4 have to be done right away in order to connect. Just practice doing a regular teleport, then input B2, 1. The opponent should land near you close enough to add B3, 4 at the end. I can't really explain it much further but it is a hard combo to do with strict timing, especially with the lag online.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Both the B2, 1 and the B3, 4 have to be done right away in order to connect. Just practice doing a regular teleport, then input B2, 1. The opponent should land near you close enough to add B3, 4 at the end. I can't really explain it much further but it is a hard combo to do with strict timing, especially with the lag online.
Thanks for the quick reply, thought I'd have to wait a day for one. :bigsmile:

Just started picking up Sektor and am trying to get Tylerlantern's combo down but am having trouble with the njp after the 1,2,b+1. Is there a specific moment that you have to hit u+p?

Also gotta say his teleport notation is driving me crazy. I'm an Ermac and Smoke player and their teleports are d,b+4 so I keep getting Sektor's wrong. :/

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I would recommend holding forward as soon as you input the b1. That way when the animation ends you are stepping forward - cancel it by jumping up into njp.

Hopes this helps bud.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Just started picking up Sektor and am trying to get Tylerlantern's combo down but am having trouble with the njp after the 1,2,b+1. Is there a specific moment that you have to hit u+p?

Also gotta say his teleport notation is driving me crazy. I'm an Ermac and Smoke player and their teleports are d,b+4 so I keep getting Sektor's wrong. :/
Best advice: Dont do it. Ever.

Its possible to do 57% with 1 meter nevermind the 2 he used here. Still not very practical but it does happen every now and then that someone eats an up missile right in front of you.

Its up missile, jip, b2, TU, b21, b34, exTU, b2 flame. (don't remember if this is 56% or 57% but still nice either way)

Robotic

Gentleman.
It's 57% and the timing is strict. You can also finish with b21 for the same 57%. This combo should be prefaced with Offline Combo Only. You'll land it 1 out of 10 times online and it's not worth it based on the damage you're leaving on the table had you just performed the other, slightly less damaging combos.

The combo is awesome though, and if you're playing offline, God help your opposition if you have it down. You can even shorten this combo from an IATU into b21, b34, do the rest for 42%. Read that again. Someone telegraphs a move and you IATU. For 42%. That's nice.

Agreed. I have only landed this combo twice online. I was just messing around with friends so i figured i would try it. Got some pretty interesting comments about sektor after that. Mind you they main KL and JC.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
What's the highest damaging combo that starts with an exTU? Just curious how much damage I can get off of a successful wakeup attack.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
What's the highest damaging combo that starts with an exTU? Just curious how much damage I can get off of a successful wakeup attack.
Highest and most practical definately.

ex TU jk TU b21/flame

Timing's stricter then normal launch into jk TU combo's though so I'd mash the jk TU more.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Highest and most practical definately.

ex TU jk TU b21/flame

Timing's stricter then normal launch into jk TU combo's though so I'd mash the jk TU more.
yeah I have issues with the jk TU quite a bit. I mean, I can do it... just not consistently. This is my first fighter/game ive played with a stick so a lot of the times I'll completely ruin the jk by either jumping straight up or miss the up direction and just kicking forward. All that really means though is that I need to practice more. Do you usually hold u+f before the previous hit is finished to go into the jk or is it easier to just tap the stick in that direction when the previous hit is over? The latter solution seems like it would take more precise timing.