What's new

ask reptile thread

What's some other options after an elbow dash that stops right before your opponent. Often I like throwing a slow force ball on the screen then elbow dashing in behind it to put some pressure on. However I've been noticing the only two option I do after the elbow dash ends is: going into a 321 string, or d4,acid hand. These two options seem to work just fine online against randoms, but when playing against my roomate's johnny cage, he'll use that fast uppercut to stop my 321 string or sometimes he'll cross jump over and throw or combo.

Just trying to see what you all do after an elbow dash whiffs right in front of your opponent? I need some more options so I'm not so predictable.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Can't really help with AA combo but i use the Elbow Dash under the jump followed by the Acid Hand so far it's been pretty effective for me.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
1 xx Fast Forceball works better.

It deals more damage and it lands more consistently... because it's fast.

Hi there reptile forum ppl, i'd like some tips on the kitana matchup. I mainly have problems with her zoning and her invincible get away move on wakeup (the square punch thing).

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Is 3,2,1 elbow dash NJP actually plausible online? I played a few games, which lagged pretty badly, and I just felt like the execution of this online is virtually impossible.

Bums me out, considering that it took me forever to get it down.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Hi there reptile forum ppl, i'd like some tips on the kitana matchup. I mainly have problems with her zoning and her invincible get away move on wakeup (the square punch thing).
To avoid being off topic, you should ask in the Reptile Matchup Thread in this very same subforum.

Is 3,2,1 elbow dash NJP actually plausible online? I played a few games, which lagged pretty badly, and I just felt like the execution of this online is virtually impossible.

Depends on the connection really. I can do it in probably 1/5 of my games online.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

idk its weird for me i find it a lot easier to do it online.. it seems like you can input the buttons alot sooner and will almost pan out.. i can do it about 7 out of 10 times online

retic

Noob
it's mentioned that regular dash is punishable...yet, how come in tourney videos and when playing against the Expert AI, i hardly see cases of the dash being punished upon block? is there a small window to punish a blocked reg. dash?

thanks

It is bigger post-patch. This tournament didn't feature the patch where Reptile's dash got a lot more open frames on block.

retic

Noob
hmmm. so i guess that means it's always a must to use slow force ball before doing his reptile dash?

guess that means I'm screwed against people with dive kicks :(

....advice? tips? PSN still out for HK based PSN accounts and I dont want to travel "different zipcodes" for casual play (that....and majority of the playerbase in our area are Capcom/Namco loyalists).

ps: so i take it the fight bet. Tom brady and Chris G (amazing reptile btw...) does not feature this patch where rep's elbow dash has larger punish frames?

ugh

It just means you have to read people (and go first), punish unsafe moves, or know its range so you can whiff it into strings/throws/jumps/block. Not a great idea to just fish for it, though if you want to, slow force ball definitely helps.

Against dive kicks...block and punish.

Ha, I like it, except for the fact that for some reason he has no teeth in that costume and looks like an old man chomping his toothless gums together.

CMP

Noob
Could anyone give me some tips on how to land the second forceball in this combo 321elbow dash,32slow forceball, 32fast forceball, 321slide. I can only get it sometimes and that seems like luck when I do the second forceball seems to whiff barely over the top of them and they hit the ground and when I try to do 3 sooner it will whiff quite a bit, I guess it's just tricky timing but does anyone have any tips to help me out?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Could anyone give me some tips on how to land the second forceball in this combo 321elbow dash,32slow forceball, 32fast forceball, 321slide. I can only get it sometimes and that seems like luck when I do the second forceball seems to whiff barely over the top of them and they hit the ground and when I try to do 3 sooner it will whiff quite a bit, I guess it's just tricky timing but does anyone have any tips to help me out?
You can't unless it enhanced. I think these are the ones you're trying to do;
Jump in punch > 321 > Elbow Dash > Neutral JP > 32 > Fast Forceball > Slow Forceball > 321 > Slide (40%)
Jump in punch > 321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > 32 > Fast Forceball > 32 > EX Slow Forceball >321 > Slide (44%)

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Sorry, I didn't read properly. If you dont do the NJP after the dash whiff then its possible, but the timing is strict and the only advice I could give you is to practice it more. Besides that, it's also a harder combo to do IMO and you lose out on a bit of damage.