What's new

ask reptile thread

use this thread to ask question/s about reptile we donn't need to make differets thread to ask a question

first post will be updated with the questions and answeres so that you know if your question was already asked before and what was the answere for it.

Does normal Invisibility actually grant Reptile a damage boost, or only his Invisibility? Only the enhanced version (metalica0118)

1) What is Reptile's "wake-up" special?

2) After dealing with a block-string, is there anything Reptile can do to get the momentum in his favour?

3) Does normal Invisibility actually grant Reptile a damage boost, or only his :en Invisibility?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hard to describe, but it's definitely pretty loose. I haven't gotten used to it yet, though.

THTB

b1, 2, and 4 cause stagger stun. b1 is the most useful out of all of those as it is a safe low.

agx

Noob
Reptile's optimal combos in each situation?

So far I'm seeing a lot of combo variety on this forum and youtube, and I love it, but when PSN comes back on I want my Reptile's muscle memory preloaded with only the best.

So with that in mind, what are Reptile's optimal combos in each situation?

So far, from midscreen off 321, I've been getting 45% off (credit to THTB)

:fk:bp:fp elbow, :u:fp, dash up, :fk:bp forceball x2, :fk:bp:fp slide

As THTB says, it's
50% if you replace the slow forceball with 32 xx EX slow forceball, and 55% with X-Ray instead of slide.
If you go straight from the neutral jump, it's 33%.

Midscreen off 122, I get 34% (as seen everywhere)
:fp:bp:bp forceball, :fk:bp forcball, :fk:bp:fp slide

As for corner combos, I have no idea at the moment. So I need to know his most damaging options for the corner at different meter levels and also, more damaging combos midscreen if they've been found. Also for juggling off a raw forceball.

Sorry if I seem lazy for asking but right now, combos are spread out everywhere. And I'm not the most original person when it comes to fighting games, lol. I need help.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
So far I'm seeing a lot of combo variety on this forum and youtube, and I love it, but when PSN comes back on I want my Reptile's muscle memory preloaded with only the best.

So with that in mind, what are Reptile's optimal combos in each situation?

So far, from midscreen off 321, I've been getting 45% off (credit to THTB)

:fk:bp:fp elbow, :u:fp, dash up, :fk:bp forceball x2, :fk:bp:fp slide
are these combos still working after the first day patch, cause im not even hitting the first part. is there a new list i should be using.

Milk

Snake eyes
Not sure if neutral jump dash 3 2 works, but if not just do:

3 2 1 elbow neutral jump 2 slow forceball wait a little, 3 2 fast forceball 3 2 1 slide (Ex slide does 47%)

Another variation if you're having trouble hitting the neutral jump punch, for a meter, is:

3 2 1 elbow ex forceball 3 2 forceball 3 2 1 slide

agx

Noob
Not sure if neutral jump dash 3 2 works, but if not just do:

3 2 1 elbow neutral jump 2 slow forceball wait a little, 3 2 fast forceball 3 2 1 slide (Ex slide does 47%)

Another variation if you're having trouble hitting the neutral jump punch, for a meter, is:

3 2 1 elbow ex forceball 3 2 forceball 3 2 1 slide
I heard that PSN was down so I didn't bother trying to get online. Don't tell me I've been practicing combos that have already been patched out of existence...

Actually after looking at this, your combo is the same with a slight change in the order. That shouldn't be too hard to adapt to.

Is everybody still doing the same combo off of 122?

I'm checking out the wall juice thread right now. I somehow missed it earlier.

Just a quick note on 1 2 2 Forceball 3 2 Forceball 3 2 1 Slide:
Make sure you're doing Fast Forceball (bb3) and Slow Forceball (bb1), respectively.
From my tests going 1 2 2 Slow Forceball 3 2 Fast Forceball 3 2 1 Slide is 33%, as opposed to 34% when done Fast then Slow.
Only 1%, but I'm sure there will be at least one match in which it matters.

As for comboing the 3 2 1 Elbow Dash (Whiff) nJ1 3 2 Forceball Forceball 3 2 1 Slide:
I find the best timing for the jump if you're having trouble with it, is to hit up the moment you see Reptile clear the other side of the enemy, and then punch shortly after. Here's some clarification on the punch timings with some examples of what happens if you do it off-timed, since I haven't really found a visual clue as consistent as with the jumping bit:
If you simply punch after reaching the other side, you've either hit punch much too early or more likely jump too early.
If you do an empty jump with no punch after reaching the other side, you've jumped at the right time but punched too early.
If you do a jump with a punch that whiffs after dashing, then obviously you're punching a bit late.

As for invisibility, I think I read somewhere that it has projectile invulnerability, but I can't get it to work for neither regular or EX, so even if it does have it, the timing must be pretty strict.
But beyond the obvious advantage of using EX Invisibility, I don't see much use in it.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
some effective way to use invisibility? I rarely use it
after a knock down I go invisible for mix ups/open the Opp up.

As for invisibility, I think I read somewhere that it has projectile invulnerability, but I can't get it to work for neither regular or EX, so even if it does have it, the timing must be pretty strict.
But beyond the obvious advantage of using EX Invisibility, I don't see much use in it.
It was patched out.

Is anti air enhanced forceball worth the meter? i find it quite useful to get a juggle off by just holding the forceball in hand against jumpins but im not sure if its worth it in the long run.

Dedemaru

Noob
If any PSN Reptiles wanna help me learn the Elbow Dash whiff combo when PSN comes back up, please add me with a message explaining. It'd be much appreciated! :)

Milk

Snake eyes
If any PSN Reptiles wanna help me learn the Elbow Dash whiff combo when PSN comes back up, please add me with a message explaining. It'd be much appreciated! :)
I can help you out. I don't have a PSN mic, so, if you want to talk on a IM program, and we can just play friendlies, I can play by play everything. I just posted a pretty good description of the elbow dash whiff combo in the Retiles Elbow Dash NJ combos thread.

Is anti air enhanced forceball worth the meter? i find it quite useful to get a juggle off by just holding the forceball in hand against jumpins but im not sure if its worth it in the long run.
I'd say no personally. I hardly use my meter with Reptile, besides Breakers, but, it's easier to just AA with regular forceball or 3.

some effective way to use invisibility? I rarely use it
If you have meter to burn, which you should, ex invis on knock down isn't too bad. Damage boost I think.

I heard that PSN was down so I didn't bother trying to get online. Don't tell me I've been practicing combos that have already been patched out of existence...

Actually after looking at this, your combo is the same with a slight change in the order. That shouldn't be too hard to adapt to.

Is everybody still doing the same combo off of 122?

I'm checking out the wall juice thread right now. I somehow missed it earlier.
No, Reptile isn't gonna' get touched I don't think. I personally like 3 2 1 better as a normal combo then 1221, but, I am used to elbow dash whiff combos now. If I want a quick punish, I do the 122 forceball, but it's like 10% less damage than the elbow whiff nj punch combo I normally do. So it's really just a matter of choice and how good your execution is I guess.

Also, yes, Reptile has wall juice. LOTS of it.

ONE DS

Noob
Hey guys i'm new here but i have a question.

Does being in an open or closed stance affect which nj.p you need to use on the elbow dash whiff combos? My execution is pretty solid on them but sometimes i'll fail 2-3 times when training, try the other punch button, and it will work.

THTB

As far as I know, no. It could just be timing is off at times.

Also, to comment on the stagger, there's not really much you can follow up with other than maybe f2b1 or f2 xx slide.

Milk

Snake eyes
Hey guys i'm new here but i have a question.

Does being in an open or closed stance affect which nj.p you need to use on the elbow dash whiff combos? My execution is pretty solid on them but sometimes i'll fail 2-3 times when training, try the other punch button, and it will work.
It could be, but I think it's just timing.