What's new

ask reptile thread

Thanks, was just reading the guide again, and it stated that 3,2,1 is safe, I was like :confused:, and 1,2,2,1 safe on block, I'm assuming it's the same thing I think.

I have such scrubby questions, haha. Been practicing the NJP combo, so far, I've gotten success landing it more often now, but I still don't have the rhythm down yet. I get it like 6 times in a row, than end up missing it 10 times, trying to pinpoint what I'm doing that's giving me success, and can only seem to get it if I start on the right side of the screen. Though when I do get it, the 3 hits and 2 misses after the NJP.

Also just wanted to know, in midscreen does 3,2,1, Acid Hand doesn't work right, because my opponent just falls back, I only get it to work on 3,2 xx Acid Hand.

Will, post more as I slowly learn, thanks for the consistent advice.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
321 xx acid hand midscreen doesn't combo. The purpose of this is if you confirm that 321 will be blocked. It's mainly a blockstring and meter build.

Milk

Snake eyes
321 xx acid hand midscreen doesn't combo. The purpose of this is if you confirm that 321 will be blocked. It's mainly a blockstring and meter build.
Does Acid hand push them far enough away on block to make it safe or what?

THTB

Yes, it does, for the most part at least. If it is punishable, it is only punishable by really fast specials that cover ground fast, like Raiden's superman or Reptile's dash.

Milk

Snake eyes
Yes, it does, for the most part at least. If it is punishable, it is only punishable by really fast specials that cover ground fast, like Raiden's superman or Reptile's dash.
Oh okay, I can't wait to start discussing Raiden. Hate that guy. Superman isn't like, impossible to punish, but, It can be tricky, especially going into the match up blind.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
whats the best combo to follow up after a acid hand that has connected on a cornered opponent?

THTB

321 xx forceball, 321 slide for meterless combos after a 321 xx acid hand in the corner works.

So I've gotten the NJP combo down near at 80% success after some warm up, and this is starting from the right side.

I can get it nearly 60-80% on the left side. Now the only issue remains, is figuring out when it is practical to use this. I've tried against medium AI's but, not that much success, because I can't follow through with the initial 321 string out of block, which leads me to only doing 1, and messing up. =/. Something doing combos after coming out of block has me baffled, I can't seem to execute nor does doing them freely. I've got to learn when and how to properly execute.

Plus my nerves suck, my hands start shaking sometimes.

And I don't think it's ideal to go for a straight up NJP combo is it?

Milk

Snake eyes
This is the one I use.

I know the one with the :r:bp :l:fp loop deals more damage, but I'm just not consistent with it.
Since MK's buffering is weird, I'm not consistent with it either. I just do the forceball bnb.

@Karried
If you get a 3 2 1 elbow dash and think you can land the njp combo, do it, it's always worth it, especially ending it with ex invis.

I'm having a hard time doing the 3 2 1 elbow dash combos. I can land it occasionally but I just cannot get the timing right consistently. Any tips to this or just practice?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Is Reptiles Elbow Dash still a wake up move?? Prime guide states that it is but I can never get the wake up recovery to pop on the screen with it but have no problem getting the slide wake up... Also do his have invincible frames?

Milk

Snake eyes
Is Reptiles Elbow Dash still a wake up move?? Prime guide states that it is but I can never get the wake up recovery to pop on the screen with it but have no problem getting the slide wake up... Also do his have invincible frames?
No I don't think it is.
Also, does what have invinc frames?

@Crimson:
Go read my guide on elbow dash whiff combos on the forum, it gives a lot of tips on how to buffer the elbow dash into the 3 2 1 string, and different options out of it.

So, I think I'm kind of done playing MK. Been practicing him and got the Combos down in practice mode, but online I can't do crap. Can hardly pull of the simple BnB. Also, there's no offline scene around my area, that doesn't require me to drive 2 plus hours. What's the point of perfecting stuff when you can hardly pull it off. My 3,2,1 never goes through.

Well, that's about it.

/rant

Milk

Snake eyes
So, I think I'm kind of done playing MK. Been practicing him and got the Combos down in practice mode, but online I can't do crap. Can hardly pull of the simple BnB. Also, there's no offline scene around my area, that doesn't require me to drive 2 plus hours. What's the point of perfecting stuff when you can hardly pull it off. My 3,2,1 never goes through.

Well, that's about it.

/rant
Then drive the 2 hours to play, bud. The offline scene around me is pretty decent, plus my best friend plays a tournament level Sektor, so, I get practice, but, If you have the desire to get good, this game has a huge following now. Just gotta' want it bad enough.

Transportation issues for me :(. I wanted to go to this one area, but it is now 'Members Only' since some douche decided to steal the owners MvC3 copy when a bunch of new people showed up, which in turn blacklisted anyone that is new to ever showing up, and this is from SRK. I've been trying to find one, but no luck.

I've just gotten the NJP down too :(. Wanted to see if I can try it on a moving player, but I can't, Lol. Oh well.

Now only game I got left is Gears of War.

So I switched over from Liu Kang who plays entirely different from Reptile - I have the NJ combos and other BNBs down I just dont incorporate enough block strings...any suggestions on which ones are commonly used?

Only one I really do is 1 2 2 acid ball or 1 2 2 1 which isnt really different and I really end up doing those only 20% of the time (Net play presents you with a lot of punishable stuff :hammer:)

So I switched over from Liu Kang who plays entirely different from Reptile - I have the NJ combos and other BNBs down I just dont incorporate enough block strings...any suggestions on which ones are commonly used?

Only one I really do is 1 2 2 acid ball or 1 2 2 1 which isnt really different and I really end up doing those only 20% of the time (Net play presents you with a lot of punishable stuff :hammer:)

I always see good players use 321 Acid Hand.

Milk

Snake eyes

321 Acid Hand puts you at an incredibly safe distance.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
321 xx forceball, 321 slide for meterless combos after a 321 xx acid hand in the corner works.
Thanx man. i wanted to learn it after seeing a match vid of yours funily enough. Acid ball is so awesome for corner pressure :D