What's new

Ask Raiden Thread

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Some questions for B Wizz and some of the other great Raiden players on here:

1) Has anyone created a list of Raiden's moves and when he has advantage/disadvantage/nuetral, and if not, would you guys be interested if I made one? I've been recently sitting down with my bro and I went through some of his moves trying to figure everything out.
Uhh... Well b312 and 334 are disadvantage on block. Don't know how much, probably about -3. f24 is +1 on block, f4 is either zero or +1. d4 is +15 on hit. That's it off the top of my head.

2) What do you guys think about canceling Raiden's strings with a Vicinity Blast as an Anti-Air? I know it sounds weird, but a lot of guys who like to crossover jump after a blocked string will hit this while jumping. It's been really working out for me and I've gotten some good players with it (and I play against some of the top players in SoCal if thats something).
I do this. It's good if you read your opponent's jump attempt. BUT, block disadvantage on 334 is such that you pretty much have to block a d1/d3/whatever after it, to the point where smart players should just d1 automatically after blocking any of Raiden's launchers just to keep him in check. I think you technically have enough time to cross up these d1 openings, but I don't have a lot of luck with it for some reason.

3) What do you guys think about sacrificing some some damage in the corner and finishing your combos by flattening your opponent out? Like for example, if you hit three 334 combos in the corner and cancel the last one into an EX fireball you end up with sort of a reset situation. If you cancel it the opponent won't have enough time to wakeup attack you without you blocking, and even if they do hit you, the second fireball will end up hitting them and saving you.
Theoretically in the corner I guess you could do something like 334~vicinity blast, 4, 334, 334 then throw out an :en thunderball on the splat and you'd have offensive advantage. I don't play much anymore and haven't tested this much though. I don't know what the window is on wake-ups after a splat. If they play dead through it though, you could overhead them. Situational I guess.

WaweR

Noob
Quick question :

How to react to Kung Lao's ex teleport ? I can punish normal one with shocker combo or uppercut or even with poke if I react to late :p but after ex I'm often punished with combo. And can Kung Lao go for combo after teleport kick only or also witih overhead in mid situation ?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Quick question :

How to react to Kung Lao's ex teleport ? I can punish normal one with shocker combo or uppercut or even with poke if I react to late :p but after ex I'm often punished with combo. And can Kung Lao go for combo after teleport kick only or also witih overhead in mid situation ?
Does ex shocker work against kung lao's ex teleport?

REYTHEGREAT

Quick question :

Kung Lao Ex teleport is invisible. You just have to block it.

WaweR

Noob
"Kung Lao Ex teleport is invisible. You just have to block it.
Or jump away... "

How sad ; []

Ok, new question xD

How you guys punish Mileena`s teleport~sai ?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
"Kung Lao Ex teleport is invisible. You just have to block it.
Or jump away... "

How sad ; []

Ok, new question xD

How you guys punish Mileena`s teleport~sai ?
I usually punish with shocker, f2~vicinity blast, b3~superman or something rather. Must be fast, but it's a punish I got consistently even online.

WaweR

Noob
I usually punish with shocker, f2~vicinity blast, b3~superman or something rather. Must be fast, but it's a punish I got consistently even online.
Thanks, dunno why I didn't think about shocker punishment. It should work just fine. I've been trying B312, 334, and even 121 combos but they would wiff most of the time coz this shitty sai ^^

leek

Noob
Is this a viable meter building, corner combo?

334~vicinity 2~vicinity 2~vicinity 2~shocker 33/2/F2~superman ?

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Honestly, after a lot of testing I also think F24 is safe and not advantage on block. I think what happens is the push back causes you to have some sort of weird advantage that I can't explain, but I tried testing out a lot of things with my brother and it seems its safe and not a frame advantage. Actually, based on MY testing, Raiden is safe or at a disadvantage in almost all his normals and strings except D4.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Been working on a use for B2F21+2. Curious of the exact frames of VB on block and if the 1+2 is safe. Also is F231+2 safe?

leek

Noob
Been working on a use for B2F21+2. Curious of the exact frames of VB on block and if the 1+2 is safe. Also is F231+2 safe?
B2 is sooooooo slow though.. VB i believe is neutral on block, post-patch. What uses have you seen/like to have seen for B2..?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
B2 is sooooooo slow though.. VB i believe is neutral on block, post-patch. What uses have you seen/like to have seen for B2..?
B2F1 Jails which is why i was hoping Vb was atleast +1. It covers very good range and the 1+2 pushes away a decent amount on hit and block. Thinking it's highly punishable on block tho, don't know the frames on it tho. The string is harder to read than most of his other strings i've noticed, Just theories at this point. I have been using it online lately but i think it's just been catching people off gaurd. Still working on it =/

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Can someone please tell me how to incorporate ex tele in my gameplay, i tried doing it but i get punished sometimes like usual since the opponent attacks and special moves auto tracks me... maybe i am just doing it wrong... some help and directions would be nice

Thank you

ex tele blows. I started a thread about it a while ago, and no one came up with any solid evidence as to why this should be used at all. I saw bwiz i think in a tourney against a kabal player a while back, he used it like 9 times in a few matches, it worked twice iirc. It's supposed to confuse the opponent i guess, but it usually is just a meter sink. Frankly it's just too fast for the opponent to react to, and it therefore doesn't bait anything, or get you out of any situation that a regular tele wouldn't do.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
ex tele blows. I started a thread about it a while ago, and no one came up with any solid evidence as to why this should be used at all. I saw bwiz i think in a tourney against a kabal player a while back, he used it like 9 times in a few matches, it worked twice iirc. It's supposed to confuse the opponent i guess, but it usually is just a meter sink. Frankly it's just too fast for the opponent to react to, and it therefore doesn't bait anything, or get you out of any situation that a regular tele wouldn't do.
In the match videos thread, there's a post with some of B W1zZ's matches from Devastation. He used it several times there and was almost always granted a combo for it. It's all in the mind game. And yeah, anyone looking for a regular teleport it's going to get fucked up by :en teleport.

pulsiondemuerte

The Horror
Guys, I main Scorpion, Ermac & Sub Zero, but I wanna switch to Raiden/Kabal.
Then my noob question about Raiden:

Is it possible in general, to punish the opponent's projectiles/whiffs in reaction with teleport~combo of choice?

Thank you.

no offence raidenwins but ive seen yr game play , and i think yr shi t with raiden , u are so slow with him, u dont apply ne pressure and are so predictable,