What's new

Ask Raiden Thread

pulsiondemuerte

The Horror
Cough, cough, ehem... :wut:

Back to topic, I main Scorpion, Ermac & Sub Zero, but I wanna switch to Raiden/Kabal.
Then my noob question about Raiden:

Is it possible in general, to punish the opponent's projectiles/whiffs in reaction with teleport~combo of choice?

Thank you! :china:

What do you guys think about using D4 as an AA? It seems best used for anti-crossups, but I've made very limited use of D4 as an AA outside of practice mode. You can do D4 VB or D4 shocker but the opponent needs to be close, thus why I think it's best used as an anti-cross up. Thoughts?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
this might be a dumb question but how the hell do you consistantly do the d1 electrocute during a combo.. when the training dummy is just standing i can easily do it but when in mid combo after 334 it stops working and im sure im doing the same thing

this might be a dumb question but how the hell do you consistantly do the d1 electrocute during a combo.. when the training dummy is just standing i can easily do it but when in mid combo after 334 it stops working and im sure im doing the same thing
What combo are you trying to do? I wouldn't recommend doing D1 shocker as AA. D1, 1 shocker is probably more consistent. If you're trying to do 334 tele, D1 shocker, that won't work.

Edgar Inc

B3 everything
Does anybody have any tips on landing the superman after f2,4.? I use the string alot, but can never seem to hit the superman :doh:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
What combo are you trying to do? I wouldn't recommend doing D1 shocker as AA. D1, 1 shocker is probably more consistent. If you're trying to do 334 tele, D1 shocker, that won't work.
It does work but the timing on it is VERY strict. The most reliable way to connect a Shocker after Teleport is d3~Shocker. You don't need to do it fast, in fact you have to wait a little bit after you materialize.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Does anybody have any tips on landing the superman after f2,4.? I use the string alot, but can never seem to hit the superman :doh:
Don't do Superman immediately after f2, 4. If you do it won't come out. You have to wait a little, i.e. the notation is:

f2, 4~[pause]~Superman

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
count mentally 1-2 after doing the 4, and do it .... the key is wait a split second delay , and do it next

From what I've gathered in this forum...

no one uses it b/c it puts Raiden at disadvantage whether you do 1212 or just 121 and cancel into something else.

you can use it in a corner combo though.

canceling mid string will put you at advantage is what I read, so anybody else have a good reason?

canceling mid string will put you at advantage is what I read, so anybody else have a good reason?
I've posted on the frame data thread that the 1212 string is disadvantage regardless of when you end it. That means 12, 121 and 1212 are all disadvantage. I think standing 1 may be disadvantage too but I can't remember.

I've posted on the frame data thread that the 1212 string is disadvantage regardless of when you end it. That means 12, 121 and 1212 are all disadvantage. I think standing 1 may be disadvantage too but I can't remember.

B312 is -1 on block
334 is -1 on block
vicinity blast is 0 on block
D4 is major advantage on hit
F4 is 0 on block
1212 does pushback on block and puts raiden at an advantage if he cancels the last hit into tele
F24 is about +1 on block.
D1 = 6 frame startup
D3 = 7 frame startup

Bwizz posted this...
so is this prepatch or something? its from a pretty recent post I believe

B312 is -1 on block
334 is -1 on block
vicinity blast is 0 on block
D4 is major advantage on hit
F4 is 0 on block
1212 does pushback on block and puts raiden at an advantage if he cancels the last hit into tele
F24 is about +1 on block.
D1 = 6 frame startup
D3 = 7 frame startup

Bwizz posted this...
so is this prepatch or something? its from a pretty recent post I believe
This is post-patch but bwizz posted some of the info wrong. D4 is +15 (which i guess is major advantage considering most D4s are +12 or less). Nothing gives advantage when cancelling into teleport and again 1212 is disadvantage regardless of when you end it. F24 is 0 on block. B312 is -4. I got all this info from somberness and from my own testing.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Kinda noobish: Does anyone use 33~TP(puts the opponent in a stagger state, but get's you close to the opponent for a combo or something)? And how useful do you think it is?

Kinda noobish: Does anyone use 33~TP(puts the opponent in a stagger state, but get's you close to the opponent for a combo or something)? And how useful do you think it is?
33 teleport as a block string is generally a bad idea. When you link block strings into teleport, the opponent auto corrects because they are still in block stun. They will see the teleport and, at the very least, poke before you can do anything. I'm doubtful the 33 teleport on hit gives advantage, if it does it's not a lot of advantage. Bad idea anyways because you should just do 334 for 37%. Although one mix up is 33 teleport, 33 ex teleport. Linking strings into ex teleport will only auto correct the opponent for the first teleport, not the second. Decent mix ups there, but raiden's strings come out slow, and 121 is a high with short range.

hello, i am new to raiden and these boards, so maybe this question was answered already, but anyway

on 2:23 how does raiden stop his superman?

B W1zZ

Noob
hello, i am new to raiden and these boards, so maybe this question was answered already, but anyway

on 2:23 how does raiden stop his superman?
He's not stopping his superman, what he's doing is whiffing the superman on the opponent's knockdown to get in. This can also be done immediately after a connected midscreen superman, although it's generally punishable by someone who sees it coming.

thanks, in one of your videos from devastation i saw how you done it after midscreen superman if i remember correctly

What do you guys think of ending combos without superman for good oki? Example, 334 tele, F2 shocker, F2 VB, B3 (tele option). 34% and if the opponent isn't expecting it you can get a throw. Same thing applies in the corner except teleport will not put you behind the opponent. I also considered ending with whiffed VB to build meter, but it only seems like a good idea in the corner. Here's another combo, 334 tele, F2 shocker, 334, d1 (tele option)

What do you guys think of ending combos without superman for good oki? Example, 334 tele, F2 shocker, F2 VB, B3 (tele option). 34% and if the opponent isn't expecting it you can get a throw. Same thing applies in the corner except teleport will not put you behind the opponent. I also considered ending with whiffed VB to build meter, but it only seems like a good idea in the corner. Here's another combo, 334 tele, F2 shocker, 334, d1 (tele option)
I think it may be worthwhile in the corner, midscreen I wouldnt use it since superman carries the opponent to the corner, raiden has a great corner game and doesnt really have the risk of getting put into the corner himself. f24 is great.