What's new

Ask Raiden Thread

Guess I'll start. Simple question, just more of a curiosity than anything else. Anyone out there gotten about 50% combo with Raiden? What about about 40% midscreen no xray no meter? Trying to develope my advanced BnB combos for tournament play, and that's what I'm looking at right now.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Guess I'll start. Simple question, just more of a curiosity than anything else. Anyone out there gotten about 50% combo with Raiden? What about about 40% midscreen no xray no meter? Trying to develope my advanced BnB combos for tournament play, and that's what I'm looking at right now.
In the Brandy guide the best mid-screen combo no x-ray is 40%
Jumping Foward Punch->FK-FK-BKxTeleport,Lighting grab(or whatever its called),BPxLighting Pulse(The one that shoots up)->dash->FK-FKxSuperman

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
There is a trick to it, had to work it out. What i have done is buffer the first part of the combo quickly and then when the teleport shock wares of do the lighting grab I have found it much more forgiving when you get a hold of it

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
So I have been wondering Corner techniques for Raiden including some corner combos, does anyone have a straight idea how to go along with it

MeZMeRiZe

Excellence is my presence
What i do with raiden in the corner is FK-FK-BK x2, then i do the shockgrab then I BP and to finish you do his electrofly. I hope this helps

B W1zZ

Noob
So I have been wondering Corner techniques for Raiden including some corner combos, does anyone have a straight idea how to go along with it
If they get knocked back in a corner and don't do a wakeup attack you can dash in with F+2,4 for pressure, if the roundhouse hits you get a free superman. Mix this up with rushing down using 3,3,4 or B+3,1,2...if the last hit on either of these strings pops them up you get a free shocker, or you can continue assaulting them in the air with 3,3,4..for example 334, 334, shocker, 33 superman, or 334 shocker, F+2,4 superman or F+2,4, crouch jab Xray. If B+3,1,2 is blocked completely (raiden gets advantage on block) you can attempt a throw directed towards the corner, or attempt a superman if you suspect they are going to try anything other than block (probably unsafe)...or throw out a F+2,4 in an attempt to get a free superman.

MeZMeRiZe

Excellence is my presence
And if you have x-ray when your doing that corner combo you can do the xray instead of the electricfly after the bp.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Well I just have to wait till they fix the netcode for any of this to matter cause I cant find anyone or anyplace to play local

I am still finding 3, 3, 4~Teleport, Shocker really hard to get consistently. The Shocker after the Teleport is the hardest thing to time. I have been trying to come out of the Teleport with 1~Shocker but I want to know if you guys have any tricks for the Shocker out of Teleport?

I am still finding 3, 3, 4~Teleport, Shocker really hard to get consistently. The Shocker after the Teleport is the hardest thing to time. I have been trying to come out of the Teleport with 1~Shocker but I want to know if you guys have any tricks for the Shocker out of Teleport?
I think someone mentioned in a separate thread, but what has helped me is to buffer the 3,3,4,teleport as fast as possible, then do the shocker when teleport is finishing. I find if I wait too long to teleport the shocker doesnt come out.

Hope this helps.

R2FI

Noob
hi guys,
couldn't find a thread to introduce myself (is there any?), so i just gonna mix it with some raiden questions, if that is ok :)
btw, i really like that forum - seems like most of you guys do know each other personal, which makes a cool atmosphere.

my first game i played more competitively (we all used to play sf2 on the snes, right?) was tekken 5 (DRO) for about 1-2 years, after that i switched to 2d when sf4 came out. i still play ssf4 (seth, akuma and boxer) and just couldn't wait to start mk9.

first mode i played was story, which is why i started to get familiar with raiden (couldn't beat shao kahn in the final fight, so i went to pmode and started putting together some combostrings)...

so please help me to understand mk9's gameplay:

- i often read the term "safejump". how is this related to the sf4 safejump?
is it like, have the right timing, jumpin, hold block (since you can't block in air), push the attack button when you reach the right height, release block and continue your combo, so that an opponents wakeup move would get blocked, a uppercut would be too slow and would lose against the jump attack because the uppercut would still be in its startup frames?

and more characterspecific, raiden gets a "safejump" after every successful electric fly, if he smacks his opp into the corner - whats your strategy from here, immediately jumpin with 1/2?

- when talking about mixups...
... the guessing game between mid, low and grab is meant, right?
so essentially, you annoy your opp long enough with d+3/d+4, b+4 until he starts to block low so he is open for that f+4 overhead?

- the raiden guide lists "random electric fly attacks" as a strategy
which seems to me like it is high risk for low reward (it really works great, but when playing more patient opps a blocked fly is equal to 30+damage)
so how do you guys use it? random teleport into fly to make your opp respect your options, so he blocks more often and giving you a free mixup?

- after a successful fly, teleporting immediately, raiden is fast enough to block every wakeup move.
what do you guys do from there to break the defense down? i have a REAL hard time to find openings. i got raidens combos down pretty consistent, but when it comes to connecting the starter... i really suck :)
sure, punishing is no big deal, but how the hell am i supposed to connect big damage like 334,tele,shocker,b312,fly (or b312,ff,334,fly)?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I think someone mentioned in a separate thread, but what has helped me is to buffer the 3,3,4,teleport as fast as possible, then do the shocker when teleport is finishing. I find if I wait too long to teleport the shocker doesnt come out.

Hope this helps.
Actually I've found out that if you do Shocker at the same time Raiden is materializing on the other side of the opponent, it doesn't come out at all. What works for me is to wait just a few frames and then do Shocker. It's hard to describe how long the wait is, you'll just have to get a feel for it after a Lot of practice. What I find even harder is the timing of 3, 3, 4 (or b3, 1, 2) once you have them in shocker. You can't do it too early or too late, but I think you can mash it out. Need to do more experimenting.

R2FI

Noob
have you guys ever tried to use the negative edge mechanics to connect shocker after the teleport?
just make sure you don't hold the 2 - press it and immediately release it, that gives you two chances (button press and button release) of hitting the right timing.

i had problems connecting b312 after shocker, too.
since there is no visible clue when to start the string (if you see your opp falling down you are already late), i got used to time it while listening to their scream when caught in the shocker. just a moment before their scream ends is the perfect time to start your string.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Okay, question: What are the commands to do Raiden's chop combo hits? I saw Bone using this last night and couldn't figure out how to do it... seemed like it stringed in to a combo and may have hit med/low too... any ideas?

Loot

the special effects
Okay, question: What are the commands to do Raiden's chop combo hits? I saw Bone using this last night and couldn't figure out how to do it... seemed like it stringed in to a combo and may have hit med/low too... any ideas?
Do you mean B3 1 2?

what is the best followup after you just teleported with raiden? i tend to superman due to super fast frames... but other options? still experimenting with 1, 2, 1, electric grab, 3, 1, 2, fly combo... that best?

R2FI

Noob
i like to annoy people with d1, d3 or sweeps after teleports. when i think they are going to push buttons i try EX fly and when they start to block low i go for f4 overhead. other than that i use b312 and its variants or throws.
don't like 121 because it can be ducked and uppercuted.

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
I've got a question, when I try to do B+3 1 2, dash shocker, B+3 1 2, electric fly, whenever I do the dash shocker I either end up short and electrocuting the air or I do a dash uppercut. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this easier/what I'm doing wrong?

R2FI

Noob
i think you are mistiming the ffxxshocker part
because of "electrocuting the air" you are either too slow or because of "i do a dash uppercut" you input the 2 way too early (shocker is df2, but if you input d+2, f you just do an uppercut)

try to input the dash the moment you see the startup of the last hit (the 2 from b312) and immediately do d,f+2

I've got a question, when I try to do B+3 1 2, dash shocker, B+3 1 2, electric fly, whenever I do the dash shocker I either end up short and electrocuting the air or I do a dash uppercut. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this easier/what I'm doing wrong?
do the dash after you finish B+3 1 2, then wait for the dash to start and quickly do electric fly... it sounds obvious but the trick is to do B+3 1 2 extremely fast so you have time to buffer forward forward

R2FI

Noob
does any of you guys experienced problems when executing babalities online?
9/10 times i just end up spamming d4 from jump distance, and im sure i have the right spacing and input, since i always used babalities in arcade mode because they get you 500 coins instead of 250 for all other fatalities.

could it be possible, that you are only allowed to do a babality if the other player has already "unlocked" them?
sounds weird, but i dont see any other explanation...