What's new

Question - Ferra/Torr Ask Ferra Thread – Information & Q/As

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I gotta ask... Why does everyone think this character isn't very good?

When taking them into the lab, I found them to be obnoxiously safe on 90% of their moves/specials, as well as good range on normals. (NJP goes without saying.) It seemed like I had trouble using armor if Ferra isn't on his back, unless I did X-Ray, which was different. But it just looks like this character's offense is pretty damn strong. Is there something else I'm missing that makes people say FT is low tier?
A big problem for F/T is poor punishment options. Another is their mid string B121 will whiff on female oponents. When i face cassie players i usualy have to go for vicious and zone rather than use Lakey like id want to.

joeldm

Noob
A big problem for F/T is poor punishment options. Another is their mid string B121 will whiff on female oponents. When i face cassie players i usualy have to go for vicious and zone rather than use Lakey like id want to.
He has no fast movements that could result in good punishment.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
He has no fast movements that could result in good punishment.
Lackey has to spend meter to punish above 20%, the other variations are capped around there because they dont have specials that extend combos to cancel into and our 11 2+4 string doesnt even allow for a combo

Hmm, I gotcha. Seems the universal problem I'm hearing is a lack of defensive options when under pressure. So if you're facing a non-50/50 rushdown character he's good then? As for switching to Vicious for the Cassie MU, honestly that's what the variation system was meant for, imo. Covering bad matchups without switching characters.

Lackey has to spend meter to punish above 20%, the other variations are capped around there because they dont have specials that extend combos to cancel into and our 11 2+4 string doesnt even allow for a combo
Is FT really on the lower end of damage? If that's the case then ok, I can see your point.
I've always had trouble fighting this duo, so I started trying to play them a bit.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
As for switching to Vicious for the Cassie MU, honestly that's what the variation system was meant for, imo. Covering bad matchups without switching characters.
yeah but id rather play as Lakey for that matchup due to his reversal and tick throws. dealing with rushdown is the reason i learnt lakey as a side. i really hope they fix B121 :(

Anyone know what the deal is with the Vicious command grab having a different animation sometimes? It seems most of the time Ferra jumps over their head and stabs them, but sometimes she just sits on top of Torr's head and stabs them.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
So strategy basically is, don't get knocked down? Because their defense is one step beyond atrocious, lol.

Hello everybody so I wanted to learn the whole cast and I was in the lab with ferra/torr (Lackey).Im not sure if this is a glitch but If you D1 into Torr Charge it has armor But it only works with D1 (that I find out so far)also reversals has armor as well.have any body else see this?is it usable?

E

Eldriken

Torr charge has 4 frames of armor as well as projectile invulnverability on startup. It's just the property of the move.
Effin' Hell. I didn't realize you were the person I was playing last night. XD I mean, I knew you were from TYM, but I couldn't remember who.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Effin' Hell. I didn't realize you were the person I was playing last night. XD I mean, I knew you were from TYM, but I couldn't remember who.
Lol...all good. I was gonna make a new name so it would be the same, but MadeFromMetal is not allowed on PSN cuz something in there is a curse word in another language. Good games, though. If you're down to help me level up a bit more just let me know.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Just to confirm what Metal said. It has armor any time you use it, not just after D1 or a reversal.

One of the rare moves that has armor without burning meter.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Currently under new OP management.

Hi, I'm Doombawkz, resident tech monster. If you have any questions about Ferra/Torr, do feel free to post and I'll answer you to the best of my abilities.
Together, we can make this character even greater. :cool:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Currently under new OP management.

Hi, I'm Doombawkz, resident tech monster. If you have any questions about Ferra/Torr, do feel free to post and I'll answer you to the best of my abilities.
Together, we can make this character even greater. :cool:
Yes I have a question...Is Ferra not the most adorable little savage in history?

Unrelated, if we got new skins, would you want a F/T ending skin with a grown Ferra in place of Torr and new voiceover work?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes I have a question...Is Ferra not the most adorable little savage in history?

Unrelated, if we got new skins, would you want a F/T ending skin with a grown Ferra in place of Torr and new voiceover work?
Yes.

Also Brute Ferra is a common wish among all F/T players.

MK Led

Umbasa
Big Daddy/Little Sister is still my dream skin, damn copyright issues. But at this point... I'll take any third skin as long as we actually get one D:

So Ferra stuffs any projectiles she hits when thrown. What happens in a F/T mirror match and two Ferras are thrown at each other?

Skedar70

Noob
Question. So Ferr/thor 50/50 after B121 you can go into ferra toss overhead or low from where you get a little advantage and you can then repeat. My question is how do you get out of this?. Delayed wakeup doesn't work because the string hasn't finished by the time the character stands up. If you block you can't seem to poke out because Thor seems to be left at advantage in either the low or the overhead on block. I know you can armor through the overhead toss or you can armor wake up if you get knocked out. But if you are trapped in the corner with no bar or with a character with no armor how do you get out?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Question. So Ferr/thor 50/50 after B121 you can go into ferra toss overhead or low from where you get a little advantage and you can then repeat. My question is how do you get out of this?. Delayed wakeup doesn't work because the string hasn't finished by the time the character stands up. If you block you can't seem to poke out because Thor seems to be left at advantage in either the low or the overhead on block. I know you can armor through the overhead toss or you can armor wake up if you get knocked out. But if you are trapped in the corner with no bar or with a character with no armor how do you get out?
Two ways:
Ferra toss loses its hitbox if Torr gets hit. Though it doesn't work for everyone, if you can poke Torr with a low hitting move before the end hits you, then you will get out.

Second is after b.121xxlow, he is left at about -7 or -9, so take advantage. He seems like he is at more advantage than he actually is.