What's new

Question Ask Baraka

Flagg

Noob
Well apart from his down pokes a lot of Barakas normals are quite slow. His spin, even though a special, is very fast. 7 frames I believe?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
not the string being interupted... this first hit
like once a good opponent see's me about to 1 or 2 or b1 coming out, they throw out their own move and it beats mine

frame data
1 - 13
2 - 23
b3 - 17

so
... i don't know... it just may be me and that i gotta practice more, was just wondering of any tips ... for this situation
well if its faster normals u need
d2-11 frames
d4-12 frames

or of course his d1 and d3 pokes
and charge-10 frames and spin-7 of the best frames in mk :uzi:

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
well if its faster normals u need
d2-11 frames
d4-12 frames

or of course his d1 and d3 pokes
and charge-10 frames and spin-7 of the best frames in mk :uzi:
i think... i know where my problem was... pretty dumb actualy but it's just learning baraka's rythem
like... kind of hard to explain, but once u get a rythem going everything starts flowing much better
and with baraka, u GOT TO learn the rythem, until u do, u won't be sucessful... i think this was my problem...lol

1man3letters

i think... i know where my problem was... pretty dumb actualy but it's just learning baraka's rythem
like... kind of hard to explain, but once u get a rythem going everything starts flowing much better
and with baraka, u GOT TO learn the rythem, until u do, u won't be sucessful... i think this was my problem...lol

;) saw the word rhythm, couldnt resist

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
1. Wow really, D2 is not one of his best AA normals?

2. Does d4 on hit really grant a free f4? Every time I do it people just jump out.

1man3letters

1. Wow really, D2 is not one of his best AA normals?

2. Does d4 on hit really grant a free f4? Every time I do it people just jump out.
1.good point, D2 should be put in there,its very good all round

2.the 4 of the f4,4 string should catch jump outs,make sure your dashing if at max range also

galindo

Noob
1.good point, D2 should be put in there,its very good all round

2.the 4 of the f4,4 string should catch jump outs,make sure your dashing if at max range also
i dont see any use for d2 at all.

in what situation is it better than a spin?

the recovery is too long, it has slightly better range than spin, but spin is still faster and safer, much more reliable

1man3letters

i dont see any use for d2 at all.

in what situation is it better than a spin?

the recovery is too long, it has slightly better range than spin, but spin is still faster and safer, much more reliable
damage,3% more and as you said best range but slower startup

but i know spin is better for AA, i was discussing AA normals when talking about D2

galindo

Noob
damage,3% more and as you said best range but slower startup

but i know spin is better for AA, i was discussing AA normals when talking about D2
youre not wrong, im just expressing my preference.

not only does it start slower, its much easier to punish from what ive seen.
i dont think the 3% more is worth it, because from uppercut range, if you wanna go for damage, i much rather do f4,4 f4 reset
and i dont see it as a reliable anti cross over.

1man3letters

youre not wrong, im just expressing my preference.

not only does it start slower, its much easier to punish from what ive seen.
i dont think the 3% more is worth it, because from uppercut range, if you wanna go for damage, i much rather do f4,4 f4 reset
and i dont see it as a reliable anti cross over.
agree with you totally man, as said was talkin about normals for aa, spin wins all day though, especailly for crossovers as u mentioned

charlieonline

Barakas are so slow that I find it hard to pressure on the ground with Baraka. I can pressure fine with Sub for instance but with Baraka I find it impossible without jumping in.

How does Baraka pressure without jumping in?

galindo

Noob
Barakas are so slow that I find it hard to pressure on the ground with Baraka. I can pressure fine with Sub for instance but with Baraka I find it impossible without jumping in.

How does Baraka pressure without jumping in?
D4, that is how you get most of your set ups.

It has good range. And if it hits, f44 is unavoidable. You can also go for a throw(it will beat out any normal or special)
Or if you're feeling risky go for a jump in.

charlieonline

D4, that is how you get most of your set ups.

It has good range. And if it hits, f44 is unavoidable. You can also go for a throw(it will beat out any normal or special)
Or if you're feeling risky go for a jump in.
can they jump forward/back out of just a f4? or do you have to commit to f44? also, msut you dash in for the f44 or just mash f44 after a d4?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Because d4 is +12 on hit, in a lot of cases, you simply can't outpoke dash~f44.

Every character's d4 has the same hit/block advantage...0 on block, +12 on hit. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if having a good d4 in terms of range and hitbox becomes too important of a tool to overlook.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
can they jump forward/back out of just a f4? or do you have to commit to f44? also, msut you dash in for the f44 or just mash f44 after a d4?
If D4 hits up close, then F44 is inescapable, beating jumps. And you only have to dash if you hit a D4 from mid to max range in open space. Up close and in the corner F4 is guaranteed.

Once you get them blocking the F44 followup, you can begin your 50/50 mixups, throw, or 221+2 pressure.

charlieonline

If D4 hits up close, then F44 is inescapable, beating jumps. And you only have to dash if you hit a D4 from mid to max range in open space. Up close and in the corner F4 is guaranteed.

Once you get them blocking the F44 followup, you can begin your 50/50 mixups, throw, or 221+2 pressure.
What do you use to follow up?

Do you have enough time to dash 22, 1+2?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
If you followup a D4 on hit with dash~221+2 your opponent has plenty of time to poke you or jump out. They key is to teach your opponent to block after a D4 connects by using the F44 frame trap first.

1man3letters

ok cool... and what is f4 on block?

what are some good follow ups?
f4 is safe enough,f44 is 0/-2

if f4 hits... either throw/d1~spin/slices or d3~spin/slices

if f4,4 hits.... 4/d4~charge/try dash and f4 if knocked opp high enough (in corner f4,4 links to f4,4 or spin)

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I believe it's -7 on block, so it's very difficult to punish, but F44 is only -2 making it completely safe. The difference is you get more pressure out of just F4 connecting, so it's a low risk/high reward move imo. After the F4 connects you can do a number of things: B31, F2, 12B3, 3B3, 221+2, crossover jump or throw. Most people will block after they get hit by F4, which is what you want. F44, 4, Blade Charge is also a good 25% combo to use as well.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If your execution is tight, you can get f44, f4 on a neutral opponent, so your pressure isn't totally compromised.