What's new

Question Ask Baraka

davidovitch

In Europe!
Probably already mentioned but my mid-screen B&B is: 221+2, b31, b11, blade charge. You can get in an extra b31 I think but I already drop combos enough as it is. However I prefer the b11 near the end over the standing 4 or down 4 some people use.

Also in the corner Baraka can b31, jump punch, u3, etc (I forgot the rest) but it doesn't do any more damage than the simpler combo with repeated b31's I think.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You can do B31 B31 U3 B31 spin EX spin in the corner. That is a lot easier to pull off and it is 40% I think.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
You can do B31 B31 U3 B31 spin EX spin in the corner. That is a lot easier to pull off and it is 40% I think.
i really dont like meter use in raka corner game outside ex slices,
ex spin doesnt add enough damage for me,its only like an extra 4%(unless it will kill them of course)

id rather keep my meter for ex charge,breaker and ex slices
not that i dont use ex spin,the length of it can really mess with people

1man3letters

I am pretty sure they up elevate opponent a little higher.i know ex Df 1, Df 2, and Db 3
hmmm intresting, will have to check it out,thanks

df1 ex was the only height adding thing i was sure about and the db3 ex when anti airs, going to pop off to training mode and see can i seek in d1s or d3s

Zoidberg747

EX spin pops them in the air, EX slices does as well. I wouldnt call EX bade charge a popup though, even if it raises them a tiny bit.

HD Smoke

Noob
Whats up guys i just picked up baraka as a alt last month. it took time but i finally have consistent juggles now with him. I just have a few questions and i appreciate any help.

1) if i land d1 as a anti air i have been going right into down, forward 1. is that good? i think its like 10%. Should i just always spin for anti air it seems to usually work but sometimes i get hit out of it, why?

2)My main juggle is back 3 1, back 3 1, back 3 1, into knee. sometimes i do a blade charge at the end instead of knee. Are there better kombos to perform during a tough match because i seem to drop the 3rd back 3 1 about 50% of the time. Prob just need more match experience because i get it in practice everytime.

3) On block does baraka have any frame advatange moves and if so what?

4) Which overhead do you guys think is baraka's best? im a big footies into overhead mix up player, with any kharacter i play.

Thanks guys i really like baraka and he is beast.

Zoidberg747

This really should have been in the community guide thread, but ill try to answer them as best as I can.

1. This is my main anti-air, spin should usually work but it is less damage, albeit a little more reliable.

2. Online screws timings up, I can rarely land a corner combo online. My main BnB is B31 knee into 2,2 1+2 F4(which can be repeated for a frametrap)
But yeah when in the corner you should mix it up with 2,2 1+2 B31 B31 F4, B31 B31 B31 F4, and F44 then F4.

3. U3 is -10 on block, Slices makes every string safe on block, blanking on any other ones. His spin is 7 frames as well :p

4. Uhhh the last hit of 2,2 1+2 is an overhead, f2 is an overhead I think. A good thing to do is D4 into blade charge.

1man3letters

Whats up guys i just picked up baraka as a alt last month. it took time but i finally have consistent juggles now with him. I just have a few questions and i appreciate any help.

1) if i land d1 as a anti air i have been going right into down, forward 1. is that good? i think its like 10%. Should i just always spin for anti air it seems to usually work but sometimes i get hit out of it, why?

2)My main juggle is back 3 1, back 3 1, back 3 1, into knee. sometimes i do a blade charge at the end instead of knee. Are there better kombos to perform during a tough match because i seem to drop the 3rd back 3 1 about 50% of the time. Prob just need more match experience because i get it in practice everytime.

3) On block does baraka have any frame advatange moves and if so what?

4) Which overhead do you guys think is baraka's best? im a big footies into overhead mix up player, with any kharacter i play.

Thanks guys i really like baraka and he is beast.

hi there,as zoid said alot of this info in the community guide/discussion thread but in answer to your questions...

1,personally when comes too anti air for me,its spin,chopchop,rarely use d1 for how goos spin is but if u like using d1 u can hit: charge,4~charge,dash f4,orspin(in corner) after a d1 anti air

2.again personally i never try for the 3rd b3,1 midscreen,id rather damage i can get every time than something ill drop. if your not using your reset combos and just want plain damage jip,22,1+2,dash,f4,4~charge a very easy 32%

(ps zoid if u use b3,1-f4 midscreen the opp can jump out before the first 2 after the f4 so that isnt the best option)

3. U3 is +10 on block ,theres a whole thread on that move
the last hit of the 22 1+2 string is +8 on block also

4.on overheads imo his best are 22 1+2, f2 and b2 f2 (overheads under lined)

on any other things u might be wondering about im sure you'll find what u need in the discussion/combo threads

also welcome to the tarkatan army :headbang:

HD Smoke

Noob
my apologies zoid and letters. i am just really liking baraka and his play style is extremely fun. after playing him for a month online and at my cousins i think he is really good. after u3 on block what do you guys go for? down 1? i love frame advantage or neutral on block strings. i have his basics down and my juggles arent bad except for online. i will stop going for back 3 1 for the 3rd time and use knee for the reset. d4 into blade charge is awesome. definitely one of his best tools against good players. thanks for the welcome.

1man3letters

my apologies zoid and letters. i am just really liking baraka and his play style is extremely fun. after playing him for a month online and at my cousins i think he is really good. after u3 on block what do you guys go for? down 1? i love frame advantage or neutral on block strings. i have his basics down and my juggles arent bad except for online. i will stop going for back 3 1 for the 3rd time and use knee for the reset. d4 into blade charge is awesome. definitely one of his best tools against good players. thanks for the welcome.
no prob man,just raka forum still without a mod so we have to try keep things tidy ourselves

d4 into charge is nice but you can also use d4 (on hit) to dash in for f4,4 which is very usefull

about u+3 ill think the link underneath will answer all your questions...

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?9912-Uses-for-U-3

Hey i am new to baraka i changed mainly cause i am big into rush down lol but kinda wondered what other players though of where Baraka rates amongst the other characters in the game... not so much of a match up way but strenghs more so than weaknesses and also if you know some good tips and frame traps to work on let me know please

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Hey i am new to baraka i changed mainly cause i am big into rush down lol but kinda wondered what other players though of where Baraka rates amongst the other characters in the game... not so much of a match up way but strenghs more so than weaknesses and also if you know some good tips and frame traps to work on let me know please
Baraka is very underrated imo. His corner is terrifying and god help you if he has meter. The character forums should have everything you need, maybe.check out some matches from Jamessmk. His baraka is.....wow.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I've been playing him a bit lately, checking out what he can do and trying to make some dirt. I found that against characters that can punish a fully spaced blade charge he owns, hes quite good against Jax for example who cant punish it.

His 22 1+2 leaves him +8 frame advantage so you can get F4/44 for free, once people respect that you can start his 50/50 game with B3 and F2-Exslices. Just make sure whenever you do F2 you always cancel it into slices or you'll get buttfucked.

His corner game is pretty brutal too.

Very good character and quite simple to play. He teaches good fundamentals for a rushdown character too. Hit confirming off his F44 into another reset or damage etc. Spacing with his blade charge, and his projectile even though itself it sucks, if its blocked from max blage charge distance you can charge before they can shoot back. (I think)

very cool thanks guys if people have more keep it coming i have a tourny this weekend CEO winterfest lol got some big guns showing up

THTB- sorry if this is off topic but i been wanting to ask a pro this question, how many hours did u practice a day to get as good as u are? like before your first tournament?

Malec

Noob
hi, i have a big problem with the 2,2,1+2 string online, i dont know what the hell is wrong with it, i land it in pmode 10/10 without any trouble, this string dont need any specific timing. but online i fail like 90% of the time with the 1+2 part and i have no idea what i am doing wrong.

Zoidberg747

Its online, I have the exact same problem. Try to press down on the 1+2 extra hard so it has more of a chance to go through, but other than that keep practicing it and hope it actually works. If you miss the 1+2 though I would go into a low poke, which is the safest thing to do at that point.