What's new

Question Ask Baraka

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
updated sonya a bit
but keep the discussion going until we can get a solid answer....
we should make a baraka v.s. thread

i'm working on kano combos right now, and then going to his v.s. counters...
sooo when i finish those i can make it
but if somebody can make it that b awsome, if not ill make it right when i finish those 2

by the way, baraka comunity is my favorite
its most active, apreciative, helpful, ect. out of the forums i feel
dats wasup

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I dont know why Baraka is not a bad matchup for Smoke in the new tier lists eyes. I mean, blade charge makes a big part of Smoke's game useless. Am I blowing smoke(pun not intended) or is it a bad matchup?
Because no one gives Baraka respect because nobody plays him in tournaments so the extent of what he can do isn't known as well as the rest of the cast. Pretty much the only people who know it's a bad matchup for Smoke are Baraka players and Smoke players.

And Bravo, D1 and D3 are both 7 frames. The reason you use D1 is because it keeps Sonya,from jumping out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Sonya doesn't have a good AA apart from standing 1? I think some of you are forgetting about her uppercut...
Well uppercuts are always a given lol, and her's is 7 frames I believe, but standing 1 is much more dangerous because she can combo from it. It's alot like Cage's 1 in that it leads to her reset into MS pressure. She has an air throw as well, but that's barely ever used from what I've seen.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Because no one gives Baraka respect because nobody plays him in tournaments so the extent of what he can do isn't known as well as the rest of the cast. Pretty much the only people who know it's a bad matchup for Smoke are Baraka players and Smoke players.

And Bravo, D1 and D3 are both 7 frames. The reason you use D1 is because it keeps Sonya,from jumping out.

This has always made me sad. Hopefully THTB has actually picked him up so people can see what he can really do.

According to riu48 in the Baraka frame data thread, D3 is 6 frames. Yea, I didn't believe it either, but it made a lot of sense in hindsight. You can check my post in the topic, as I asked riu48 about it.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
This has always made me sad. Hopefully THTB has actually picked him up so people can see what he can really do.
indeed i am excited to see what THTB does with baraka since his reptile is so good but ive yet to see footage of THTBs baraka, so were just having to wait and see,theres also a extreme lack of footage of somecubanguys baraka which i think a shame, hes so helpful on the baraka threads

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova

I think I saw that in the frame data notes that d3 is 6 frames. (not 7) but I'm not sure. But very good note Cuban, yes d1 prevents people from jumping over while fucking down 3 doesn't.
This is another tip I constantly use when I play Baraka. If for a reason you start round 2 or 3 next to your opponent (touching distance) then use down 3 at the start of that thing and you will guarantee a hit unless the opponent jump or does an X-Ray.

This is another thing: down 3 gurantee a 1% and a hit to a standing blocking opponent while down 1 it does not gurantee the hit and gives you 0% on a standing blocking opponent.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I think I saw that in the frame data notes that d3 is 6 frames. (not 7) but I'm not sure. But very good note Cuban, yes d1 prevents people from jumping over while fucking down 3 doesn't.
This is another tip I constantly use when I play Baraka. If for a reason you start round 2 or 3 next to your opponent (touching distance) then use down 3 at the start of that thing and you will guarantee a hit unless the opponent jump or does an X-Ray.

This is another thing: down 3 gurantee a 1% and a hit to a standing blocking opponent while down 1 it does not gurantee the hit and gives you 0% on a standing blocking opponent.
Well whether D3 is 6 frames or 7 isn't the point. Point is you wanna use a poke to stop pressure against D4, iADK or High combo starters. D1 works in all three scenarios where D3 doesn't beat iADK. And if you start a round next to your opponent, if they also are mashing D3 it's going to go to a random number generator to decide who wins the trade, so it's never "guaranteed."

indeed i am excited to see what THTB does with baraka since his reptile is so good but ive yet to see footage of THTBs baraka, so were just having to wait and see,theres also a extreme lack of footage of somecubanguys baraka which i think a shame, hes so helpful on the baraka threads
I played THTB online yesterday. His Reptile is incredibly good now. He has some nasty new tech with him. Wish I could've recorded some matches for you guys. Every single one was very close, down to the last hit almost. I'd love to see his Baraka as well, but not sure if that's gonna happen cuz he told me he's taking a break from travelling to tournaments. :/

I'll be at NEC (hopefully), so be sure to be watching the stream, you may see me pop up.

1man3letters

I'll be at NEC (hopefully), so be sure to be watching the stream, you may see me pop up.
was disapointed didnt get to watch the stream of your last one,forgive my ignorance but what date NEC? im sure the stream link be on the front page

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
was disapointed didnt get to watch the stream of your last one,forgive my ignorance but what date NEC? im sure the stream link be on the front page
NEC is December 3rd and 4th I believe. It's being streamed by teamspooky, though I'm sure all MK Pools will be done by kombatnetwork again.

1man3letters

NEC is December 3rd and 4th I believe. It's being streamed by teamspooky, though I'm sure all MK Pools will be done by kombatnetwork again.
cool thanks man, so is it going to be same as last time baraka/kenshi?
is this the first tourny since raka got ex charge and spin buff for ya?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
cool thanks man, so is it going to be same as last time baraka/kenshi?
is this the first tourny since raka got ex charge and spin buff for ya?
Oh no, I'm sticking with Baraka all the way. Win or lose. No secondaries. I think I have enough matchup knowledge versus the top tier characters to make it far. The only person I'm worried about it CD Jr because I have very little Jax or Rain experience.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only non-Baraka players that do know how good Baraka is are the CD brothers. CDjr was like "Dude, Baraka is sick now!"

1man3letters

[MENTION=3680]SomeCubanGuy[/MENTION] thats awesome to hear man! baraka all the way,
that u mention matchups vs top tier i have 2 matchups id really like your input in,ill post in matchup thread in a few

[MENTION=4]THTB[/MENTION] so some people saying you picking up baraka legit now? true or just playin him for fun?
it would be cool to see the CD bros playing a bit of baraka

THTB

Yeah, Baraka is my secondary now. There's certain matchups I think Baraka plays better than Reptile.

1man3letters

Yeah, Baraka is my secondary now. There's certain matchups I think Baraka plays better than Reptile.
im sure all the baraka kommunity very much welcomes that,
be great to have your input alongside somecubanguys :superman:

out of intrest if you care to discuss,what matchups do you think raka plays better then rep?

THTB

I think Baraka plays Freddy, Cyrax, Smoke, Sub, and Ermac better than Reptile. There may be more, but those are some of the matchups I don't really like Reptile in...like I don't think Ermac loses to Reptile.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
m2dave keeps saying Freddy has an advantage against Raka, I dont play the matchup so I dont know.

Smoke and Ermac are definitely some of his better matchups though

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
what about mileena? between rep and baraka who would you say has the upper hand and what is it that makes it so?

1man3letters

I think Baraka plays Freddy, Cyrax, Smoke, Sub, and Ermac better than Reptile. There may be more, but those are some of the matchups I don't really like Reptile in...like I don't think Ermac loses to Reptile.
i argree with sub smoke and ermac, personally i love the sub vs raka matchup,so fun to play
i cant say anything on freddy cause never played one with baraka

i am intrested in your thoughts on cyrax vs baraka?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Baraka has a muuuch easier time with Mileena than Reptile. I'm pretty sure she's one of Reptiles worst matchups, whereas its 5-5 for Baraka.

And Freddy is also easier for Baraka. The fact that Freddy has no escape once Baraka gets in, and EN Blade Charge means Freddy's full screen frame traps don't work. Only thing that's annoying about this matchup is Freddy can punish blocked Blade Charges from any distance with Hell Spike and push you back out again.

Flagg

Noob
CSZ is fast becoming my Second, but Baraka is still my main. The character is sooooo underestimated and underrated. One of the few characters that can give Mileena problems. People say that JC is a hard match up for him, but I personally love the Baraka/JC match up. It's just rush down city.

Some people don't realise that his simple, 1,2, slices is great pressure, as slices is safe on block. I'm fast beginning to believe he has one of the top corner games on the roster. I mean you really need to push your opponent into the corner cause once you got them there, barring a teleport, you can really shut down the game fast.

In the near future, I think a good Baraka player is going to emerge in a tournament, and then everyone will jump on the Baraka gravy train, and then Tier Lists will be made with this guy at top! Hahaha!