What's new

Strategy Ares Strategy, Set-Ups, and Mind Games

ares teleport doesnt help him as much as it should with zoners, you can't do anything on reaction with that startup, i doubt he destroys deathstroke, unless his godsmack becomes really good and stays that way i think hes gonna be a fish character with bad mobility.... its a shame his trait is super interesting has so much potential for mindgames.
I think its better for Ares to just jump and duck projetile while being invisible. It allow him to mask his approach but be weary of using soemthign that give visual cue as they'll give away his position.

Ares is going to be patient character for most of his match ups since his slow start up can be exploited. Hes really more effective as punisher type of character since he will rely on his opponent taking the initiative.

I think its better for Ares to just jump and duck projetile while being invisible. It allow him to mask his approach but be weary of using soemthign that give visual cue as they'll give away his position.

Ares is going to be patient character for most of his match ups since his slow start up can be exploited. Hes really more effective as punisher type of character since he will rely on his opponent taking the initiative.
raiden is the same way but he can actually counter-zone on reaction for chip

The Gabriel

Mean Man
This mixup is going to be very important for Ares.

3d2

or

3d4

Let's find out what the biggest meterless and metered combos are off of both of these strings.
how are you planning to land a raw 3 in battle? It's like one of the slowest normals in the game

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
ji2, 3~d4, DarkEnergy = 25%

I hate to sound unimaginative, but other than that there arent many options.
3~d4, ji1 could work for something.

InFlames

dead
J2-3,D4-J1-B1,3 = 31%

J2-3,D4-J1-F2,3~Dark Energy = 33% (38% with B4/Combat Axe) *Nearly impossible to land 100%*

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
This has huge potential in the corner. I don't know about midscreen...i'm not getting anything consistent. :(

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I think Ares is really a beast when it comes to stage interactions. On stages like Themyscera, you can throw one of the lion heads, then bait your opponent towards you by throwing some projectiles, then teleport behind them and throw the other lion head. And don't even get me started on the pig...

Mosp

Noob
Isn't this difficult to hitconfirm off the second hit of the string? I wouldn't want to waste a bar throwing out MB GS if the opponent blocks both hits.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Flashy combo with teleport and fireball: 3d2 ~ teleport, d1 ~ d4, dark energy = 27%

You can get his reset off of this too. You just have to practice the timing. Instead of going for dark energy, set-up the reset after d4 and just practice the timing. But they can tech roll out of it, but if you read a tech roll, you can do the far version of the Godsmack.