What's new

Tech Ares reset!

Can someone answer my question about Aquaman's water shield?
It seems like this should be easy enough to test in training mode by recording the Ares reset and then trying to water shield on wake up. I'm not at my console at the moment or I'd tell you.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It seems like this should be easy enough to test in training mode by recording the Ares reset and then trying to water shield on wake up. I'm not at my console at the moment or I'd tell you.
Same, that's why I axed.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yes but the only way to deal with it is to wakeup and there are characters whose wakeups will lose to this every time.
I've been testing all the characters though, everyone has at least 1 wakeup that can blow him up. Some moves though whiff on Ares which is strange...

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ok what are Shazam's wakeup options out of this?
Atlas Torpedo, Achilles Clutch(whiffs on Ares reset), Herculean Might (whiffs too), and Mercury Storm teleports (if EX God Smack is delayed, he can get hit out of it)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It's going to mostly rely on the timing of the Ares player inputting GS and the timing of the opponent inputting their wakeup.

Shazam can get out with wakeup invincibility. Fill Pops was escaping it every now and then on me last night. But overall... most of the time, he'd get hit out of it.

themule

Noob
A lot of characters are turning out to have some broken wake up game tactics. Ares reset is starting to look pretty easy to get out of compared to what characters like Bane and Shazam have. I'd say there's a pretty good chance that the Mosp reset ends up being significantly less threatening down the road

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
around the time of the 1st or 2nd dlc, you will be able to tech roll out of that popover reaction making it "alittle" easier to get out of for some characters (which then Ares can instead do the mid distance GS to counter your counter).

we need "remember ares resets" tshirts made.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
around the time of the 1st or 2nd dlc, you will be able to tech roll out of that popover reaction making it "alittle" easier to get out of for some characters (which then Ares can instead do the mid distance GS to counter your counter).

That or just teleport after the b23 and punish them as they are rolling into you... depending on the recovery frames of tech roll, yada yada, but you should be able to input the tele before they can even touch the ground let alone tech roll. This is already something I'm doing to confuse the opponents wakeup inputs and punish them.

Mosp

Noob

I'm confused. Are you talking about tech rolling out of his b23 just before he does the MB GS? Because the whole reason the reset works is because it's an untechable knockdown meaning they can't roll.