What's new

Tech Ares reset!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
With a little match up knowledge and a bit of reaction the reset becomes nothing more then just another (unsafe) option in his oki game. At face value it seems OP and like something unbeatable, but there is nothing that this reset brings that cant be escaped and in a lot of cases fully punished.
You seem not to understand. Sure there are ways around it. If they have 4 bars of meter they can easily super.

Or if they have a good wakeup attack with good invincibility they can get out. The reason why is this...

1. You're flying over my head and I activate MB godsmack which gives me armor during startup.
2. MB godsmack loses the armor once it connects
3. You use invincible wakeup. Your wakeup is invincible on startup so my MB "connects" during the invincible startup of your wakeup
4. My armor is gone since the game registers MB godsmack as connecting, and since your wakeup absorbs the blow during your wakeup's startup frames, your wakeup hits me after my MB godsmack loses it's armor.
5. You win

BUT I can delay the MB GS which causes this series of events...
1. You're flying over my head and I wait for you to land before activating the MB godsmack
2. You input invincible wakeup, giving your move invincibility frames on startup, but it loses it's invinicbility once your move goes past the number of invincibility frames.
3. I input MB godsmack.
4. Your invincible wakeup hits me during my startup frames of MB godsmack. Your move "connects" on me during the startup frames of my MB godsmack which has a hit of armor which absorbs your attack. Your move loses invincibility since the game registers it as hitting me and you are now in recovery frames, then my unblockable MB godsmack hits you... launching you into another combo.

I really hope that makes sense... for godsmack's sake. It's a mixup depending on what I think you're going to do. I've had people use backdash invincibility to get out before. It IS escapable but it's tough and there's mixups preventing you from doing so. This reset is really good. And if you deny it, you're wrong. There is no "this will escape it every single time no matter what rendering the reset useless" tech that I am aware of.

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
Just a thread to see what are some good combo set ups that could lead to a potential reset from his MB Godsmack. Seems like a good way to play some mindgames with your opponent.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Does Aquaman's water shield absorb this on wakeup? Can someone answer this for me?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Wicked old news lol there's already a thread for this plus "Praudelance" on XBL has been doing this since day 2....or maybe he's just a fraud?!?! :0