What's new

Match Footage Ares MU FT20 series - The Art of War!

First offline FT20 I decided to go ahead and put in this Art of War series, local nemesis Dark Steel and I in a a set Ares vs Hawkgirl.

Final count was 20-7

We have gone back and forth for the longest time now, I finally decided to implement new strategies last night and it paid off big time. Watching other characters approach to the MU and applying it to Ares toolset. As you can see a lot of jump normals. Instead of revolving around blowing up mace charge I instead just blocked it out and looked for an opening or blow up some aerial attempt. Ares otg's with interactables on that particular stage really change the game in a lot of match ups, so I am glad he changed it eventually, ares and the pig can be utterly broken at times. I think if he would have adjusted and slowed down abit with the charges and evades he may have done better, but slowing down also lets me move more which is also pretty dangerous. I think she can bully him in the corner, maybe bait a tele and have a mace charge waiting for me.

Great games as always and hope you guys enjoy. Also I still have no idea who's advantage this MU is in, I have always felt 6-4 hg, then 5-5 as well.

@Espio @Vak Phoenix @GGA pimpimjim @4x4lo8o @InFlames

Here it is.

nice set!
i remember playing against @InFlames and got bodied, didnt understand why tho? then i get in air and stopped rushing him, things werent going south anymore for me.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
nice set!
i remember playing against @InFlames and got bodied, didnt understand why tho? then i get in air and stopped rushing him, things werent going south anymore for me.
I think she has to play that mu lame, but I think that's a universal weakness of Ares. Going Ham vs Ares only really opens yourself up. While in Flight full screen you dont have to worry about axe which is ridiculous lol. The only option I have is to catch you commited to a mace toss or not expecting a MB tele j1 to clip you. But if you have the reactions her flip kick will body it. So on my end I am not really sure how to get a clear advantage if shes camped in a corner with a nube tube. I need to play a lame HG.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The art of war series is back! Tonight I will be playing multiple sets to make up for straying from this. Anyone interested who feels they rep their character well please post up as I need some prey!

Later this week I have socals very own @Nubcakes on deck!

Stream now has web cam and commentary for added hype! !!

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
The art of war series is back! Tonight I will be playing multiple sets to make up for straying from this. Anyone interested who feels they rep their character well please post up as I need some prey!

Later this week I have socals very own @Nubcakes on deck!

Stream now has web cam and commentary for added hype! !!
Play Deg cause Zatanna that isn't free

Awkward Sloth

Awkward Sloth

It was 5 bucks? lol maybe 10, and I had already bought him 5 guys, so I was already in the hole, and it wasn't close to what Sid just took saturday
I thought it was 10ish. And isn't that like half your money? :p
I heard Sid did unspeakable things to your wallet that day.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

@DarthArma

Final Count 10-20

We were dead even going to about a FT10, then he downloaded me pretty good, really close games and a great display of the MU. Its a shame they muted me a lot cause I would try and tell you why I did a few things just to counter some things. I also don't know how I feel about commentating these, if it helped or made me play worse haha, Had a blast though and great shit to arma. You saw me utilize d1 to avoid bats a lot a well as a few j2's. J1 of course and the guessing game in the corner as well as mid screen on HKD. I got bad stages so much lol. But I'd rather play on those than I can throw everything. Any questions please ask or critique.

@Ra Helios - Monday work?

@EMPEROR_JUPITER - wends or thurs next week?