What's new

Match Footage Ares MU FT20 series - The Art of War!

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Final Count 20-13

This was alittle more one sided then the last set we have played. He brought it back after being down a huge hole which was nice to see. I pulled away at the end with some pretty lame gameplay.

I still think the MU is even, he has ways to deal with ares zoning but I fear b1 may be alittle much for him to handle trying to get in and in the neutral, it out pokes stand 3 from max range and punishes some pretty nifty whiffs. Tick throws will be the death of me and I know they are pretty reactable to but man I struggle. Lobo's mixup is really good but I find ares superior in this regard, his strings have endless posibilities of their own and adding a trait that can go OH or low as well is just scary. He knew to poke after my d1 but if you poke everytime godsmack will get you as you will see. So everytime you block a d1 if becomes a guess as it were. I can let trait fly and be at advantage or cancel or for another mixup. All of this is when you don't poke. But toss that d1 and full combo GS is coming. It's pretty messed up. Jumping after 2,2 is also a great way to avoid it all together. Lobo's jump normals are phenominal, I have never had to respect another characters j1 so much haha. Also I could not anti air it for the life of me. We need to play a whole lot more. Anyways great effing games @Decay.

And thanks for those who tuned in.

Decay

King of the Bill

Final Count 20-13

This was alittle more one sided then the last set we have played. He brought it back after being down a huge hole which was nice to see. I pulled away at the end with some pretty lame gameplay.

I still think the MU is even, he has ways to deal with ares zoning but I fear b1 may be alittle much for him to handle trying to get in and in the neutral, it out pokes stand 3 from max range and punishes some pretty nifty whiffs. Tick throws will be the death of me and I know they are pretty reactable to but man I struggle. Lobo's mixup is really good but I find ares superior in this regard, his strings have endless posibilities of their own and adding a trait that can go OH or low as well is just scary. He knew to poke after my d1 but if you poke everytime godsmack will get you as you will see. So everytime you block a d1 if becomes a guess as it were. I can let trait fly and be at advantage or cancel or for another mixup. All of this is when you don't poke. But toss that d1 and full combo GS is coming. It's pretty messed up. Jumping after 2,2 is also a great way to avoid it all together. Lobo's jump normals are phenominal, I have never had to respect another characters j1 so much haha. Also I could not anti air it for the life of me. We need to play a whole lot more. Anyways great effing games @Decay.

And thanks for those who tuned in.
1:12:58 is all that really matters in that set. Yo can we just practice that match up more by the way? I don't think it's that even since, Lobo has no oki. The only thing I noticed is that it's relatively easy to jump in on ares but it's also hard to anti-zone him. Even if I have trait shot, you recover after your projectiles fast enough where you can teleport behind me and punish my shot.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
1:12:58 is all that really matters in that set. Yo can we just practice that match up more by the way? I don't think it's that even since, Lobo has no oki. The only thing I noticed is that it's relatively easy to jump in on ares but it's also hard to anti-zone him. Even if I have trait shot, you recover after your projectiles fast enough where you can teleport behind me and punish my shot.
Yeah something very few people know about is his zoning is safe, his projectiles on block are all 0 or plus so reversals don't mean a thing. I need to condition you to stare at me when you knock me down. If I have meter teleport is hard to stop unless you jump and read right by avoiding the normal I have sitting there. Without meter, I have recovery like crazy, so you can simple stand there, look to where I go, and react accordingly.

Also I will teach you his frame data lol

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Eldriken should be next. If we play like we did tonight it will be a treat! Dude we both do some anti sick nasty stuff for both characters. Hopefully I block that well. Let me know if a weekeday other than tuesday works.

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken should be next. If we play like we did tonight it will be a treat! Dude we both do some anti sick nasty stuff for both characters. Hopefully I block that well. Let me know if a weekeday other than tuesday works.
Sunday-Thursday are all good for me.

E

Eldriken

Also, about our matches earlier. I was getting so pissed at myself when I kept blocking low when you did your overhead. It fucked me so many times.

I'd block high and then go low. Ugh!

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
teleport brah, stand 1 brah, zoning brah
Rings 30+ frames start up bruh , MB fireball like 40 billion start up bruh, trait zoning is acceptable though.

We get no MB tele into fast low option though bruh. Standing 1 no range bruh it's the worst 5 frame standing normal (thanks Martian)

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Rings 30+ frames start up bruh , MB fireball like 40 billion start up bruh, trait zoning is acceptable though.

We get no MB tele into fast low option though bruh. Standing 1 no range bruh it's the worst 5 frame standing normal (thanks Martian)
teleport shuts down all of ares KD game which is like 90% of what I need. She has the ability to take mine out of the equation which I think is a game changer. I can only restand in the corner but I lose out on damage and the mixup isnt guaranteed, only a low.

Awkward Sloth

teleport shuts down all of ares KD game which is like 90% of what I need. She has the ability to take mine out of the equation which I think is a game changer. I can only restand in the corner but I lose out on damage and the mixup isnt guaranteed, only a low.
Ohhhh you're talking about the match up between the two? I'm just giving you a hard time cause it's fun. Ares lows and over heads maybe be a little faster but Zatanna is way better.

Awkward Sloth

Now were talking haha. Your teleport is faster though, even my MB one the startup is the same 20 frames, just the recovery is boss.
Zee's start up is like 12-14 frames and the recovery is ass though like 20 frames.

The recovery is so stupid you can MB Teleport 2-3 fucking times during a COMBO. DURING. A. COMBO.

You swagged out on me yesterday and I'm glad you screwed up! >=P
The Swaggiest teleport combo belongs to Zee like 15 hits 4 bars 10% damage. I need to find that video that Deg posted now. @deg222