What's new

Match Footage Ares MU FT20 series - The Art of War!

4x4lo8o

Noob
Playing most batmans makes me feel 4-6 bats, played FK makes me feel 2-8.... so that one will be fun
Haha that was exactly how I felt at SCR when I played him in tournament. "Oh, I'm pretty good at this match up and Ares does alright, I always do well against Nubcakes, if i'm lucky and play well I could pull off a big upset." Then afterwards "This match up is impossible"

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
FT20 with @HomeLee1121

Final Count 20-9 - A lot of whiffed normals and a lot of resets in bound, both ways

FT20 with @FOREVER KING

Final Count 11-20 - Great show of the mu, its hard for ares to land a clean hit on her, d1 whiffs alot. It turns out ares can be effective playing the super super lame game. But once she lands a hit it becomes a guessing game. Cornered ares get away game gets taken away then its time to die haha. I still feel a 4-6, taking arguments for 3-7 and I won't blow you up.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
FT20 with @HomeLee1121

Final Count 20-9 - A lot of whiffed normals and a lot of resets in bound, both ways

FT20 with @FOREVER KING

Final Count 11-20 - Great show of the mu, its hard for ares to land a clean hit on her, d1 whiffs alot. It turns out ares can be effective playing the super super lame game. But once she lands a hit it becomes a guessing game. Cornered ares get away game gets taken away then its time to die haha. I still feel a 4-6, taking arguments for 3-7 and I won't blow you up.
I guess the Home Lee video doesn't do you guys much justice by the sounds of it? :p
I'll watch it when my SF is done downloading onto my PC, I really enjoy Home Lees batman seeing it back in God Games online was great fun.
I'm curios to see your ares, partially because I want to play you with my Shazam once i've dusted him off some more, but also because I have been thinking about picking him up.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I guess the Home Lee video doesn't do you guys much justice by the sounds of it? :p
I'll watch it when my SF is done downloading onto my PC, I really enjoy Home Lees batman seeing it back in God Games online was great fun.
I'm curios to see your ares, partially because I want to play you with my Shazam once i've dusted him off some more, but also because I have been thinking about picking him up.
I think it did, I have always believed that ares disrupts batman quite abit. If Batman let's him breath then Ares can have his way. You see ares move with b1 a lot in this MU, its nearly unwhiffpunishable, so its a nice safe way to move. You see me d1 under bats and jump ins which annoys him. When this happens as well as b1 underneath a jump in it sets up major trip guards.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I feel pretty strongly that it's a 3-7 match up.
Mostly because playing lame doesn't work as well offline. Both characters pretty much play the mu the same way, but she can parry fireballs easily and even straight sword, plus stuff like jumping over Axe and punishing is easier offline. Plus most of the general online bullshit falls in Ares favor in this match up - a lot of WoWo combos are a nightmare online(not that Ares doesn't have to deal with his combos being harder online, but I think she has it worse), plus she has to deal with mashing out of her frametraps randomly working when it shouldn't, and Ares benefits from teleport and Godsmack being harder to react to.

Also, her floating over d1 all the time is bullshit. Nothing makes me saltier than making the right read and trying to poke out of one of her frametraps only to have her 17 frame b2 beat my 6 frame d1 just because Wonder Woman can fly. That shit isn't ok. Fuck that. I'm salty just thinking about it

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I feel pretty strongly that it's a 3-7 match up.
Mostly because playing lame doesn't work as well offline. Both characters pretty much play the mu the same way, but she can parry fireballs easily and even straight sword, plus stuff like jumping over Axe and punishing is easier offline. Plus most of the general online bullshit falls in Ares favor in this match up - a lot of WoWo combos are a nightmare online(not that Ares doesn't have to deal with his combos being harder online, but I think she has it worse), plus she has to deal with mashing out of her frametraps randomly working when it shouldn't, and Ares benefits from teleport and Godsmack being harder to react to.

Also, her floating over d1 all the time is bullshit. Nothing makes me saltier than making the right read and trying to poke out of one of her frametraps only to have her 17 frame b2 beat my 6 frame d1 just because Wonder Woman can fly. That shit isn't ok. Fuck that. I'm salty just thinking about it
Trying to land a d1 on ww is like trying to have sex with a watermelon that you haven't carved a hole in yet

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
I love how the second hit of 2 2 whiffs while she's crouched. Every time I play her, I almost have a stroke every time I miss a d1 or 22. Does anybody else have trouble with all characters that like to be in the air?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I love how the second hit of 2 2 whiffs while she's crouched. Every time I play her, I almost have a stroke every time I miss a d1 or 22. Does anybody else have trouble with all characters that like to be in the air?
Offline d2 helps a lot vs WW cause of its sexy vertical hitbox but man her hitbox in genera is teh suck