What's new

Are you going to take MK11 seriously/competitively?

Are you wanting to be competitive in MK11?

• Total voters
Pft Sako is older than you guys and he had his best year ever in SF last year winning tons of majors. Age is an excuse for the weak who don't wanna try. I am 35 and the best I have ever been and gonna get better still :eek:
I'm an "older" gamer too, and it's not so much about the age itself, more about the life priorities that are, well, more of a priority than a video game.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I'm an "older" gamer too, and it's not so much about the age itself, more about the life priorities that are, well, more of a priority than a video game.
If you ain't got time to dedicate to MK11, your life priorities are decidedly not in order.

Reactions: Zev

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Real talk: this is the first time ever in life I'll be picking up a game while being even close to having my shit together. Injustice 2 came out after my world imploded and all my passion was gone, I was fucked up in some way or another for all of MKX, Injustice 1 came out the summer my engagement of five years ended, and I had about a potato's idea of what I was doing for most of MK9. Now my head is clear (ish), my future is promising, AND I can comprehend frame data now.
So yeah...this one is a real, rrreeeaaalll big deal to me. I'm putting out feelers to all the New York OG's and getting some positive feedback back, getting my brothers and their circles of gamer pals involved to broaden the horizons even further, and will continue to be the most informative and delusional future President of the United States of TYM ever to declare his candidacy.
I mean, i dunno about the last part, but its good to see you back ready to kick some ass! Righteous ;)

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I wish, back when MKX came out I could compete in ESL but they removed Serbia as an eligible country for Injustice 2 and I doubt they will allow it back.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I need help btw.
I’m not sure what to lab with my character. Let’s say Kung Lao Buzzsaw. I’ve labed longest and fastest normals, combos midscreen, corner, anti air; studied frame data on special and other stuff. I have problems with labing wiff punishment especiall poke punishment. I don’t have enough speed to walk away from the range of the characters, nor can I counter poke ( I get either counter poked my self and my reaction sucks so it feels like I’m being very slow and opponent is very fast OR after my poke they block which I can’t react to and they throw a normal leading to combo, does that have to do with me being predictable?)
Either way I get bodied by things I can see but stupid decisions in panic mode make me lose. God, when I see a low blocking character my brain tells me to proceed hitting low as if i could break that block.
Sorry to turn this into noob thread but you can’t get answers in other threads and this one is about competetive play.
Lore is so much easier than this shit, lol

I'll try to enter every online tournament I can, I hope training mode allow me to set the CPU to perform their normals and combo strings at random on me, just like you can set it to auto block and reversal in MKX I want to set the CPU to use its normals and auto block against me. I want to simulate real match situations in training mode because I don't have a training partner and even if I did it's very likely they won't be willing to spend the same amount of time as me in training mode.

I want to learn every match up as quickly as possible, I want to learn how to perfect block, interrupt, option select strings, etc against every character and I want to be able to remember everything during a fight. My biggest weakness it's remembering what I practiced when I'm fighting someone, I'm more of a player who can predict what my opponent is trying to do. That's why I asked 16Bit about this on twitter, because the best way to remember things it's by repeating it over and over.

Kal

<3
Pft Sako is older than you guys and he had his best year ever in SF last year winning tons of majors. Age is an excuse for the weak who don't wanna try. I am 35 and the best I have ever been and gonna get better still :eek:
Good for Sako, he made SF a priority for himself and had a wonderful year. Gaming is not a priority for me anymore, as much as I still love it most of my free time goes towards skydiving. I'd rather skydive in my free time than sit and play a video game for hours. Every Friday after work I grab my gear and go skydiving until Sunday night when I return home. I'd rather spend my trips, money, and time on traveling the world to skydive in different countries and cities than traveling for a video game where I end up locked up in some hall or arena staring at pixels for a few days straight.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Good for Sako, he made SF a priority for himself and had a wonderful year. Gaming is not a priority for me anymore, as much as I still love it most of my free time goes towards skydiving. I'd rather skydive in my free time than sit and play a video game for hours. Every Friday after work I grab my gear and go skydiving until Sunday night when I return home. I'd rather spend my trips, money, and time on traveling the world to skydive in different countries and cities than traveling for a video game where I end up locked up in some hall or arena staring at pixels for a few days straight.
But you'd rather defend your time spent on an internet forum to a stranger than skydive.

Its ok, you can't hack it, its fine. Just don't blame it on age.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Of course I have time. Just not enough of it.
That’s why people stick with a few characters. Anytime you play you are refining your muscle memory with that character. It’s just hard to do for me, I like everyone lol. Pick a character and just go, that’s my plan. I don’t have the time to get into a serious competitive scene but we can do alright online I think. We’ll see.

Kal

<3
But you'd rather defend your time spent on an internet forum to a stranger than skydive.

Its ok, you can't hack it, its fine. Just don't blame it on age.
Are you always this stupid or do you just pretend to be this stupid on the forums here? You must be already going senile at 35.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Are you always this stupid or do you just pretend to be this stupid on the forums here? You must be already going senile at 35.
I dunno I ain't the guy whose trying to justify his existence and hobbies saying he's too cool for vidyagames here then gettin' mad.

Maybe it is you... who is stupid!!!! ehhhhehehHEHHEHEHEHEHHE

Kal

<3
I dunno I ain't the guy whose trying to justify his existence and hobbies saying he's too cool for vidyagames here then gettin' mad.

Maybe it is you... who is stupid!!!! ehhhhehehHEHHEHEHEHEHHE
You need to work on your reading comprehension if you believe I said I'm too cool for video games. Although it's no surprise that you of all people would jump to such a conclusion.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It wouldn't be a "let's get back to taking things seriously!" thread without a bit of snippy derailment.

All I know is I'm getting up early to dive into this beta and break down Kabal like chemistry class, and it has been many, MANY moons since I was this excited to get back in the lab.

Probably not. Too old and a job that takes up too much of my time. I'll still play and support the scene though, and I'll try and go to at least one offline tournament this time around since I didn't for I2.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
LBSH... I'll likely just be a spectator again. As much as I want to play this game (and I have two orders for the game, a download and the premium edition!)... I work full-time, plus have a 4year old (my daughter, Sindel) running around the house. My son (12) wants to play MK11... lmao.

I love the competitive scene and watching it grow, so that is mainly where my joy is.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
LBSH... I'll likely just be a spectator again. As much as I want to play this game (and I have two orders for the game, a download and the premium edition!)... I work full-time, plus have a 4year old (my daughter, Sindel) running around the house. My son (12) wants to play MK11... lmao.

I love the competitive scene and watching it grow, so that is mainly where my joy is.
You're keeping TYM going AND a family, you're good.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I've got no delusions about becoming a pro, but I want to get respectably good at MK11. I didn't really touch MKX until XL and always felt behind the curve, and while I really wanted to play IJ2 more seriously, I had too much going on at the time and never caught up.

More than wanting to get uber good, I want to approach the game clean, find some tech for myself instead of always catching up with YT tutorials, and maybe make some content. I've wanted to do videos for a long time but never had the breathing room in my life to devote the time to them. Now, I think I do.

Would love to make it out to a local or two as well. I'm only an hour or so out from Toronto, so should be doable.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
I will be and can't wait.

FYI, I'll be looking to start a local scene in Eugene, OR if anyone is in the area.

P.S. I also totally understand the age argument (I just turned 39 two days ago), but for a game this good? Fuck it, I'm going to make it work.