What's new

Are you going to take MK11 seriously/competitively?

Are you wanting to be competitive in MK11?

• Total voters

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Since there’s a lot of new members and a lot of casual players here on TYM, I’m curious how many people on here are planning to really dig into MK11 and try to be competitive in it. This can either be just going in hard online, meaning entering online tournaments, climbing the leaderboards, and having ft10’s and all that. Or it can be actually competing in offline tournaments. Locals, majors, traveling, etc.

I for one am 100% planning on taking MK11 seriously and competing. Something I haven’t really done in an NRS game yet (UMK3 wasn’t/isn’t technically an NRS game). I’ve been competitive in NRS games, but never really taken them too seriously and dedicating time into them. I just haven’t been a fan of the metas tbh. I know people will say that’s an excuse but it’s just the truth. For me to dedicate time into becoming good in a competitive video game, I have to be really passionate about the game itself and enjoy actually playing it competitively.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. I’d love to hear what plans y’all have for MK11!

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I would certainly like to take this game as seriously as I did MK9 back in 2011, especially since what I've heard about it makes it sound more like my style of fighting game (heavily neutral game and fundamentals focused) than MKX.

But, in reality, I'm now 30 and work about 60 hours a week so I probably won't be able to. But I'll certainly try!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Still have to test the full game some time to decide, but probably I will dedicate much less time to mk11 than what I dedicated to mkx, which is the fg that I have played the most by far, still play and probably will continue to play from time to time.

I have some doubts about the mechanics of mk11, and also Kenshi not being in lowered my hype from 9/10 to less than 7/10.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have a reputation to defend, even if our tournaments mean nothing to the rest of the world, there is new faces and new talents here, so i'm kinda excited to have my main back, will be doing a lot of work.

Sadly the red tape to travel overseas haven't changed in the past 8 years, in fact i has only gotten worse, though i'm not sure if i will ever make it to US to compete i'm will very looking forward to it if chance is given.

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
If I like it I'll try to be. Can finally afford to travel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I always play with the intention of getting better and doing well, but i live in a country where fighting game tournaments just don't really happen because of the population spread. Definitely will be playing a lot of ranked, maybe even online tournaments but like with every other fighting game i'll mostly just be looking to improve my personal best

Killusion

Stream addict
I will try. How hard will depend on few things:

-do I like the game competitively
-how good is online
-is there going to be offline gatherings relatively near me

I can do without offline if I like the game, online is good and there are regular online tournaments to test my skill. I'm at the point of my life that I can't really grind games like I used to, but if it's truly great I will make the time.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Unlikely. I'll probably just be an online warrior. I'd love to help train with other Scots in the scene as I know some want to compete seriously and I think I have a more unique playstyle that could be beneficial for them to play against.

I might do some online tourneys if I have the time, but I want to start streaming MK11 when it drops. I have some plans for YouTube content that could be fun.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol .... of course not ! I love to watch MK competitive major tourneys as EVO etc, but I will not put a "military" competitive stressful routine lab training mode on myself, trying to be ultra good and ultra high skillful perfect machine on this game , nope .... you can train to try "get gud" but, if not happens, whatever, fuck off ! having fun playing online and offline it's more priority to me than trying to archive a false statement ego feeling that will agregrate nothing to me. My personal goal/objective is having fun with MK11 during its life cycle, and not be among the best. :D :cool:

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Ill ocasionally stop at a local tournament but the smell always prevented me from taking it too seriously long term. With online tournaments that is no longer an excuse.

Looks like its time to buckle down.

Mizar

Noob
Speaking of online because there's no local tournaments or anything like that around here for fighters. MK11 is going to be the first MK game I can get at release, and with the little things I learned from MK9, MKX and IJ2 (got them very late), makes no sense to strive to be competitive since I don't even have a good grasp on the fundamental stuff yet or lots of experience fighting other players.

But its nice to have the chance to learn a game properly from the start of its life cycle. So I'll try to take it more seriously, but with focus on learning and having fun with an active online.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
It'd take a hell of a lot of grinding before I felt comfortable enough to attend any tournies, but I definitely see myself playing this game a lot more often, might even find a training partner if I'm lucky enough. The slower, neutral-heavy pace of it just speaks to me a lot more than the fast pace of Mkx ever did, so we'll see what I can do with that.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
No, I'm definitely a casual player and have been for a long time. There was a time in my mid-late teens when I put my everything into video games (Halo 1 & 2, for example), but those days are in the past. I found it super stressful trying to maintain that level of competitiveness and skill. Thus, these days, I prefer to go the "I'll try to be decent, but meh" route lol.

That being said, I begrudge no one's desire to take MK 11 super serious and ultra competitive, so long as they remain respectful and positive. Sometimes it seems, the higher a player rises, the more arrogant and belittling they become to those below them. Mind you there's nothing wrong with banter and playful rivalries, but some players cross the line between goodnatured ribbing and demeaning behavior. I was one of those latter players, and I'm still ashamed of the way I treated some lesser-skilled online opponents. :(

So, yeah, if a player can maintain respect for their competitive peers, then more power to them, and I wish them the best in their journey to the top. You'll find me at base camp, wishing you well and dicking around in the various modes of MK 11. :)

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly, Its a mix bag for me, as i have problems with motivation, and where i am currently does not help with finding some good tourney`s, unless online.

If i have the time, i will commit to this game heavily, and i will go through every character to learn move sets so i can have an understanding of what to do agansit them, or how to play the character.

This is the most hyped ive been for a gamed since DOOM a couple years back.

Rizz091

Noob
If there's a local scene for me that develops I may try and go, but I'm at a point in my life where it's very difficult to find the time and motivation to really go in on these games that hard. Either way I'll be playing it a good bit and trying to get as good as I can.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Since there’s a lot of new members and a lot of casual players here on TYM, I’m curious how many people on here are planning to really dig into MK11 and try to be competitive in it. This can either be just going in hard online, meaning entering online tournaments, climbing the leaderboards, and having ft10’s and all that. Or it can be actually competing in offline tournaments. Locals, majors, traveling, etc.

I for one am 100% planning on taking MK11 seriously and competing. Something I haven’t really done in an NRS game yet (UMK3 wasn’t/isn’t technically an NRS game). I’ve been competitive in NRS games, but never really taken them too seriously and dedicating time into them. I just haven’t been a fan of the metas tbh. I know people will say that’s an excuse but it’s just the truth. For me to dedicate time into becoming good in a competitive video game, I have to be really passionate about the game itself and enjoy actually playing it competitively.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. I’d love to hear what plans y’all have for MK11!
I always at least look at frame data and try to spend some time learning a game, but I can't be competitive because of real life constraints. I'd love to travel and play with the best, but it's just not happening, sadly.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm going to see how I do in online tournaments, but I would really like to go to an offline tournament just to see what it's like, meet people who love FGs as much as I do as I live in a really small town and I'm far from major cities so there's really no scene around me at all.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, I'm no longer in my 20s and semi retired from FGs from Inj1 through Inj2 (including mkx) so... we'll just have to see if I have the motivation and close enough offline scene to do so. Currently, I'm planning to play as much and learn as much as I can and, as usual, I'll go to the next Final Round as that's in Atlanta and nearby (as I usually do after the latest mk's come out).

Other than that, I'm not sure, I've never been a big lab monster (I'd much rather just learn by playing) and that's catching up with me as my reflexes aren't as good to keep up with the young guns these days lmao.

That said, I'm definitely always down to play anyone from here in FT10s or longer sets. So feel free to hit me up on PSN. :)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Niggas gon be getting fucked up bro

IGAU was my last super serious fighting game, I never liked MKX and never really got into I2. And then shit like SFV and DBFZ were just party games

And now I'll be training offline biweekly at my local with guys like K&M and I have the ability to attend offline tourneys so I'mma def be going all in