What's new

Are you going to buy the full Aftermath Upgrade?

Are you going to buy the full Aftermath Upgrade?

• Yes, i bought or will buy the full Aftermath Upgrade DLC

Votes: 89 61.0%
  • Overall not interested in the DLC Content

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I purchase some of the Content Separately later on

Votes: 35 24.0%

• Total voters

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I really want to play as Fujin and try out the new Frost skin, but no matter how I look at it, it's not worth it.

I'm also divided on the content because I want to support post-MK3 characters like Fujin, but I don't want to support guest characters like Robocop. So I think the best thing I can do is wait until they're available separately, and then buy what I want individually to express my feelings about this content.

Waited until we'd seen each character's variations on the stream. Sheeva seems fine, so I'm all in now.

Objectively, it's totally not worth it, compared to waiting for 2 weeks and buying just the character you want for 6 bucks (plus maybe another 6 bucks for the pre-order outfit pack).

But I've waited for Sheeva for a year, lemme smash!

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
i voted yes. however, I am going in with caution and not expecting my mind to be blown. I do like having all the DLC characters at once and the pre-order skins look cool. so who knows...i've spent more money on worst things i regretted in life.

So you called him a simp because you do not agree with how he chooses to spend his money on something he wants on a NRS dedicated sight?
well i mean when you say you'll put money towards anything ever without guilt; it sounds kinda simpy so yes. don't know why some of y'all keep bringing up nrs dedicated site like people don't talk about unrelated corny stuff on here.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The completionist in me really wants to buy it, but I just can’t justify spending $40 on three characters that I couldn’t give zero fucks about, and a story mode I’ll play through once.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
That price is a miss if its divided the MK enthusiast community. Were the ones that should be generally all in on Mortal Kombat content.

Hope they dont confuse a high price, with a lack of interest in future content.

Gaxkang

Banned
I got it for 32 thru Fanatical...I wasn't gonna do full price so.

3 characters and 4 skin packs separately come to 42 bucks, plus the story mode. So it's like 10 bucks off for the gameplay content.

I would have liked 25 as price, but eh.

I still got a feeling the 3 characters were simply cut from Kombat Pack 1 and repackaged. :p

I pre-ordered it as soon as I saw the trailer.

I hope this does well, as I really want more dlc exactly like this. More Story Mode addons, some characters and a bunch of stages and finishers.

With luck we will get a KP2 as well adding another 6 and the real hope i have is for another dlc like this with Story + 3 characters and a KP3 of 6 more.

I still got a feeling the 3 characters were simply cut from Kombat Pack 1 and repackaged. :p
there is 6 characters in kombat pack 1??

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I want more stages with more colour variety than red/brown/yellow. Not that I don't love the stages we have (there incredible) but some variety would be nice.

Can't help feeling most of the content team has moved on to the next project when they only give us 4 despite having a new story mode.

I want more stages with more colour variety than red/brown/yellow. Not that I don't love the stages we have (there incredible) but some variety would be nice.

Can't help feeling most of the content team has moved on to the next project when they only give us 4 despite having a new story mode.
Colour variety yes, but to suggest the content team has moved on is just a silly notion. ONLY 4, what are you 12? Which games gives you 4 new stages at once, especially considering the length and the amount of detail in them? For FREE as well. The MK community is bad in general and it's a shame there's not one good message board out there with more positive people. Here it's not as bad as gamefaqs or as dead as MK Online, but man you guys can bitch and moan.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
At first for me not knowing how the characters look was a real problem after seeing them in theoretical action just solidified it for me. I dont think it's fair to sell NRS short and say the contents light considering were getting 3 characters And a patch all at once opposed to being drip fed.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Price tag not worth it. I'm gonna pick up Robocop alone. If the other two characters look alright, I will get them as well. It's $6 per character? I can live without the skins for characters that I will probably never play.

The "Aftermath" bundle value isn't good here, especially since I play SF and they dropped a $25 "upgrade" to the base game with all the characters and skins unlocked.

I have not been playing MK11 and I do not want to grind towers. I would've liked some sort of cheap buyout option to get everything out in the open though.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I bought it, but was fortunate enough to have gotten the base game for free, so I kind for owe them the cash, lol.
For other players, I think it's overpriced, FWIW.

Afumba

Noob
I will buy it but i will wait for the sale. For me the price is not worth it as i dont care about the skin packs, Robocop and to some extend Sheeva (i like that she is in but i will never play her). So just for Fujin and a bit story i wont spend 40€.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
If I can afford it, then yes I will. I'm fortunate to be able to buy this DLC. I appreciate not everyone is though. It is expensive.

Want to pick up just Sheeva. Does anyone know for sure if they'll be purchasable seperately, and will it be as soon as Aftermath releases or much later?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Not paying full price. I'm not the biggest fan of MK11 at all, but I do wanna try Fujin and I want that Frost skin. I don't care about the story and I really don't wanna slog through all the fights...if I really wanna see what happens, it'll be on Youtube.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Colour variety yes, but to suggest the content team has moved on is just a silly notion. ONLY 4, what are you 12? Which games gives you 4 new stages at once, especially considering the length and the amount of detail in them? For FREE as well. The MK community is bad in general and it's a shame there's not one good message board out there with more positive people. Here it's not as bad as gamefaqs or as dead as MK Online, but man you guys can bitch and moan.
Woah where has the hostility come from. I'd gladly pay for extra stages and a story mode extension would suggest more than 4 extra backgrounds.

If the majority of the content team is still on this project it would be abnormal to how games companys normally operate, so maybe tone it down a little before calling me 12.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I couldn’t care less about the main story or this bonus aftermath story. No offense to the NRS story development team or anything. Nothing personal, I just don’t care for storylines in multiplayer games all that much. So, really hoping you can purchase the characters separately some time soon.