What's new

Are you going to buy the full Aftermath Upgrade?

Are you going to buy the full Aftermath Upgrade?

• Yes, i bought or will buy the full Aftermath Upgrade DLC

Votes: 89 61.0%
  • Overall not interested in the DLC Content

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I purchase some of the Content Separately later on

Votes: 35 24.0%

• Total voters

ScorpXL

Goro?
I can't really justify spending $50 on Aftermath atm since I'm only interested in Sheeva. Will the characters be available for individual purchase at launch tomorrow?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
So have they officially announced kp2 or is this kinda it?
official, no. but you can bet your ass on it to come later on.

I can't really justify spending $50 on Aftermath atm since I'm only interested in Sheeva. Will the characters be available for individual purchase at launch tomorrow?
for sure not. i guess it will be possible inbetween a week or month after tomorrow.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
yep! 3 characters, a dynamic theme, costumes, lots of changes coming, story mode. I mean, it's worth it.

Vagrant

Noob
To prepare competitively, I need to be able to lab the characters I'm going to fight against, so I didn't really have much of a choice but to shell out 40 bucks for 3 characters.

I would have happily just bought the characters if I had the option but NRS didn't give me that option. I'm not really interested in their story telling. Their character development, most of the voice acting, and the writing, to me, has never really been great. (Like basically all fighting games, and most video games)

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I bought it as soon as it was available. This pack has me excited for the future of the game and balance patch. Definitely wanna see more. Fujin, Sheeva and RoboCop look nice.
All of this. It took them a bit to get Steam updated with the preorder, but I nabbed it ASAP.

Even if I only end up liking Fujin from the new 3, I'll still consider it a worthwhile purchase if only for the chance to continue supporting NRS.

i don't care about where this shit ass story is going and besides fujin it's just not worth it to me. i'll watch someone stream it and hopefully sooner than later the characters are sold separately
I will always buy anything NRS releases without guilt and I have never regretted it.
company simp

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
guys, no need to argue if someone should buy it or not and if its worth it. everyone can do with his money what he want.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I bought it for both the PS4 and the Xbox One on the same day. I see no issue with paying for contentthat I want.

What an ugly person...

I bought it for PC the moment I figured out it was the pack with Sheeva in it. It probably isnt worth 40 USD and will most likely reduce in price fairly quick but I want to play my MFin Shokan Queen tomorrow after work. So that's what I paid for.
i agree. i like sheeva too and she's pretty ugly this iteration. if you know in your mind it isn't worth $40 then why object to that and drop the money anyway?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Nah, it's not my main game and I'm not really hype about these characters. I didn't play the 1st story mode so the 2nd chapter doesn't mean much to me.

Yousef

Noob
The only character I'm intrested in is fujin , but he is not worth my money , and I can watch the story on YT , I'm guessing there will be another expansion dlc content in the future , I'll buy that one they'll give me this one for free

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Nope,I would consider it if they were responsible and released balance patch before the pre-order timeline. I want Fujin and Deception SubZero but it feels so bad to have to spend so much money on just these 2.
Exactly how I feel.

When they cut it down to $20, or maybe decide to treat it like an actual competitive fighting title instead of a casual moneymaker and fix the wifi region filter, so that I'm not FORCED to connect to matches and pings I have no intention of suffering through, that's when I'll pick it up. Grinding through Ranked has been my favorite thing for years now, and this wasn't a problem in IJ2 or MKX. If I'm never going to get an explanation as to why this game can't give me the simple option of not accepting fights I KNOW aren't going to work, all that says to me is "We need to make money off of Kombat League and Time Crystals, and we can't do that if the McDonald's wifi warriors can't get their one-and-done rounds of teabagging in."
Not to mention that MK11's story was, in my opinion, the most phoned in and haphazardly slapped together Story Mode plot in an MK/NRS game since Armageddon.
I'm not gambling $40 that they've somehow NOW improved things when I can just as easily wait for the YT clips and the patch notes. Every time I've tried to be optimistic about this game, my cynicism is proven right, so I think I'm just going to stay a cynic for the sake of my wallet.

Sorry to everyone who enjoys this game because I really do not enjoy being a buzzkill, but I've been a devout MK fan since I was in grade school. I love Kombat, I love my FGC pals, I love this forum and the five or six of you I've known since 2011, I miss tournaments and shows, and I REALLY wish things were as exciting as they used to be, but has pained me to see my most beloved game be turned into just another WB-licensed franchise to make bank off of.

Anyhow
Here's to hoping I'm wrong, we get a killer balance patch that livens up the meta, and that the Aftermath story makes the main campaign make sense. I REALLY can't state how much I want to be wrong.

But...i doubt I will be.