What's new

Are you going to buy the full Aftermath Upgrade?

Are you going to buy the full Aftermath Upgrade?

• Yes, i bought or will buy the full Aftermath Upgrade DLC

Votes: 89 61.0%
  • Overall not interested in the DLC Content

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I purchase some of the Content Separately later on

Votes: 35 24.0%

• Total voters

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
For the first time in NRS history, I didn't pre-order the DLC.

The cost is simply too high, in my opinion. I've already paid $100 and I'm honestly not enjoying the game. The changes they've made are welcomed, but still not enough.

On the Kast I believe 16 Bit said "if you're looking for the character with crazy combos, Fujin is your character."

I feel like I've heard that before, and it's never the case. You lab the new characters for 15 minutes and all optimal combos are found and that's all you see players doing. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Just because Fujin has some huge launcher, it doesn't mean the combos won't be just as boring as they are for every other character.

Having said that, the new DLC characters just aren't worth it to me. I feel like they won't be any different than the other boring DLC like Nightwolf, for example. NRS already got $100 from me for a game I don't find to be very fun at all.

The Shao Kahn changes look great, so I'm happy to see that, at least. Friendships and stages are really cool, as well. I think the free content is more than sufficient for how much I'll be playing.

I don't foresee me spending any more money on this game. Sektor, Cyrax, Ermac, Reptile, Smoke and Reiko could be Kombat Pack 2 and I still wouldn't want them because it's still MK11. Not enough major changes took place as far as gameplay, and I told myself I wouldn't spend any more money on the game unless that happened. I still feel like it's going to be a D1/throw fest and I'm not really that interested in playing or watching that. I foolishly hoped for maybe NJP's to return, or possibly a change in gravity allowing for a bit more combo creativity or even universal armor breaks that ALL relaunch if they refuse to remove the garbage Breakaway mechanic.

If there's some major sale on this content, I might reconsider. Fujin looks interesting, but I've said that about almost every character they showcase on the Kasts, only to get my hands on them to find they're just as boring and shallow as the rest of the cast.

Sorry for the long rant. I'm still bummed that an MK game came out and it just does nothing for me. Considering how much time I've spent at home over the past few months (and being I'm in NY, will continue to be spending), I'd love to have another outlet to keep me busy. MK11 just isn't that outlet.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
For the first time in NRS history, I didn't pre-order the DLC.

The cost is simply too high, in my opinion. I've already paid $100 and I'm honestly not enjoying the game. The changes they've made are welcomed, but still not enough.

On the Kast I believe 16 Bit said "if you're looking for the character with crazy combos, Fujin is your character."

I feel like I've heard that before, and it's never the case. You lab the new characters for 15 minutes and all optimal combos are found and that's all you see players doing. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Just because Fujin has some huge launcher, it doesn't mean the combos won't be just as boring as they are for every other character.

Having said that, the new DLC characters just aren't worth it to me. I feel like they won't be any different than the other boring DLC like Nightwolf, for example. NRS already got $100 from me for a game I don't find to be very fun at all.

The Shao Kahn changes look great, so I'm happy to see that, at least. Friendships and stages are really cool, as well. I think the free content is more than sufficient for how much I'll be playing.

I don't foresee me spending any more money on this game. Sektor, Cyrax, Ermac, Reptile, Smoke and Reiko could be Kombat Pack 2 and I still wouldn't want them because it's still MK11. Not enough major changes took place as far as gameplay, and I told myself I wouldn't spend any more money on the game unless that happened. I still feel like it's going to be a D1/throw fest and I'm not really that interested in playing or watching that. I foolishly hoped for maybe NJP's to return, or possibly a change in gravity allowing for a bit more combo creativity or even universal armor breaks that ALL relaunch if they refuse to remove the garbage Breakaway mechanic.

If there's some major sale on this content, I might reconsider. Fujin looks interesting, but I've said that about almost every character they showcase on the Kasts, only to get my hands on them to find they're just as boring and shallow as the rest of the cast.

Sorry for the long rant. I'm still bummed that an MK game came out and it just does nothing for me. Considering how much time I've spent at home over the past few months (and being I'm in NY, will continue to be spending), I'd love to have another outlet to keep me busy. MK11 just isn't that outlet.
It's well thought out and reasonable critique. Ultimately not every game can be for everyone but were lucky there has been so many good fighting games out there the last few years.

Whether the next project is Injustice 3 or Marvel Cinematic Universe (god I hope) I think I'll enjoy those games more. It's not that MK11 is a bad game (far from it) Injustice 2 just took me completely by surprise and I feel guest characters fit in better there for some reason.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
why for both? isnt crossplay working out as it should?
I can't directly challenge anyone via direct invite with cross play. Also, the guys at my old job still log into the PS4 at work and play the game via my profile which I allowed them to use. It's password protected but does not allow purchases on that work PS4 so they can't accidentally buy things under my profile. They have been using it for years without issue. I'm still looking out for the homies at my old job, even though I've moved on.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Not planning on it at this point. I am disappointed in the story and have no desire to support NRS right now.