What's new

Question Are Smoke's resets wrongly skewing the community's perception of his viability?

TSIA

• Total voters

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Smoke's reset off of an antiair is his hardest reset. Even young wafflez cannot do that consistently. A 100% combo off an antiair would require 3 bars of meter and at least two true resets. If you think that I am lying or the entire Smoke community does not have the execution to hit forward four, I challenge you to main the character and do better with him.
Aw, it's the hardest to do? Give me a moment to wipe the tears from my eyes.
And no thanks. I tried smoke when the game came out and his style just didn't really thrill me. Kinda like Raiden didn't despite the effort.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I can't decide what's worse about this thread. If I had to narrow it down I'd go with bringing up sets from March.

Aw, it's the hardest to do? Give me a moment to wipe the tears from my eyes.
And no thanks. I tried smoke when the game came out and his style just didn't really thrill me. Kinda like Raiden didn't despite the effort.

Because it's so hard to do, and tournament players cannot do it when it matters most, it frankly does not matter at all. We deal in results here, and there are no results that were dictated by smoke hitting 100% off of an antiair. Ever. The chances of it happening are low, and it isn't a solid point to base arguments on.

i don't see the downplaying considering he uses scorpion, don't blow him up for a simple question lol

acting like he's committing a crime
That's what this community does. If you do not repeat the same things the hivemind says, you are instantly labeled an illiterate terrorist, hell-bent on downplaying and ruining the whole community. Disgusting.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Don't bring CSZ into this at least were honest about our character, he's not garbage tier he is gimmick tier.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
When have I ever said that? I know nothing about Scorpion vs Smoke.
I'm also not a Quan player, only a technician. I'm a kenshi/kitana main. :)
That's the impression I got from Smoke players apparently being able to convert all of Smoke's AAs into resets 10 for 10.

Is that the problem? Do I need to restart the thread with zero snide remarks/sarcasm?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That's what this community does. If you do not repeat the same things the hivemind says, you are instantly labeled an illiterate terrorist, hell-bent on downplaying and ruining the whole community. Disgusting.
i dunno, i was labeled a noob upplayer for posting a MU chart that made him look like not total shit. :/ this community is kind of wacky, but i like it that way. stays interesting lol

I don't know why people don't use the Outworld Remonstrate. This type of thread is exactly what that subforum is for, except REO and I get to delete any posts that are not constructive to discussion.

STRYKIE

I can't decide what's worse about this thread. If I had to narrow it down I'd go with bringing up sets from March.
The point is missed again..
I only brought that up in reference to Jr not having used Smoke in 8 months and why, the result wasn't really relevant.

i dunno, i was labeled a noob upplayer for posting a MU chart that made him look like not total shit. :/ this community is kind of wacky, but i like it that way. stays interesting lol
Because Noob isn't complete shit. He's probably not going to be winning any majors any time soon, but he's still a solid character. Just look at how well REO performed with him in those money matches that were posted today, and he wasn't even using Noob to his full potential.

I only brought that up in reference to Jr not having used Smoke in 8 months and why, the result wasn't really relevant.
So what you're trying to say is that CDjr, the ex-best smoke player in the world, saw 8 MONTHS AGO that the character has too many issues to win at the highest possible level in the evolving metagame. Right? Just for clarity's sake.

Thank you based Juggs.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Nothing about it is relevant. The game has changed since then. This was the same era were the same players were going on about how Jax beats Kabal.

STRYKIE

So what you're trying to say is that CDjr, the ex-best smoke player in the world, saw 8 MONTHS AGO that the character has too many issues to win at the highest possible level. Right? Just for clarity's sake.

Thank you based Juggs.
Yes, pretty much.

I don't know why people don't use the Outworld Remonstrate. This type of thread is exactly what that subforum is for, except REO and I get to delete any posts that are not constructive to discussion.
Then move the thread?

Also, I get hit by smoke resets all the time. It's worse than getting hit by cyrax resets. It's like a guy who puts a 100 dollar bill on a fishing hook just to fuck with people.

Then move the thread?

Also, I get hit by smoke resets all the time. It's worse than getting hit by cyrax resets. It's like a guy who puts a 100 dollar bill on a fishing hook just to fuck with people.
I am referring to off of an antiair in particular. Those resets, for whatever reason, have very difficult and abnormal gravity when trying to reset. I can only remember a few times I've gotten one to connect properly in a real game, and I have missed every single one in tournament games

EDIT: and no, I won't be moving it. it was created outside of there, and the rules change when you get inside of there. It won't be fair to the posters.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because Noob isn't complete shit. He's probably not going to be winning any majors any time soon, but he's still a solid character. Just look at how well REO performed with him in those money matches that were posted today, and he wasn't even using Noob to his full potential.
That's what i'm saying though; he's probably one of the least explored characters in the game, just look at all this glitchy portal shit popping up with him. I'm not saying he's gonna end up being top 10, but he certainly isn't right outside of the bottom 10 either. somewhere in the middle feels more appropriate. also smoke is top 10, probably always will be lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
since when did u pick up jade frothy? #yolo