What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Wait, maybe it was Shawn that forgot the code?

Whoever it was, just PM me :).

Spic Unit,
I ordered your overlay a few days ago. With the holiday next week, I hopt to have it late next week, or early the week after. One bad thing about doing all custom stuff, I can't just have 15 joysticks ready to ship out.

Though not really bad, I would not enjoy making this that much if everyone looked the same. Half the fun is the uniqueness of each one :).

ArcadEd said:
Wait, maybe it was Shawn that forgot the code?

Whoever it was, just PM me :).

Spic Unit,
I ordered your overlay a few days ago. With the holiday next week, I hopt to have it late next week, or early the week after. One bad thing about doing all custom stuff, I can't just have 15 joysticks ready to ship out.

Though not really bad, I would not enjoy making this that much if everyone looked the same. Half the fun is the uniqueness of each one :).

its cool man thanks alot tho

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
SPIC UNIT said:
here is my layout from the stick i order from Arcade Ed
hopefuly it gets here soon

Sick MK:SM Sub-Zero picture man, that's hot! :twisted:

ArcadEd said:
Yeah, that one works great.

It's been added to my list of "default" overlays. Hopefully I can get the site updated after the holidays to start adding the predone graphics.

Thanks guys.
Hey guys I took the time to clean this overlay up a little. If you notice on the lefthand side in the original you can see some Mortal Kombat letters. I used photoshop to blend the picture a little better.

Enjoy,
Jabs

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
wow Jabs, thats looks SOOOO much better.

I wish I could post my template, but I'm not sure I want EVERYONE to see it before its completed.

ÐarkMoon said:
I just realized the arcade in a box logo on far left is taken from the fast food chain Jack in the Box, haha.
Shhhh... :)

Just to let everyone know, I'm extending the the umk offer forever! :)

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
LoL sounds like a great thing. Ed if you get a chance PM with info on how many sticks and what not have been ordered.

dreemernj

Ambassador
What are the chances of a Wii Classic Controller based arcade stick?

My GF wants GGAC and a stick really bad. I wouldn't mind it for some of the other games since I love using the arcade stick for a lot of the classic games and heck maybe I'd even pick up some SNK stuff, lol.

Also, your sticks are just such good quality. And I could have custom graphics without pulling apart a Hori, lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
dreemernj said:

My GF wants GGAC and a stick really bad. I wouldn't mind it for some of the other games since I love using the arcade stick for a lot of the classic games and heck maybe I'd even pick up some SNK stuff, lol.

Also, your sticks are just such good quality. And I could have custom graphics without pulling apart a Hori, lol
An arcade stick with a Gamecube pad PCB or the Hori Wii stick PCB in it would work, right?

I'm sure the skies the limit for ol' Ed :wink:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Tim Static said:
dreemernj said:

An arcade stick with a Gamecube pad PCB or the Hori Wii stick PCB in it would work, right?

I'm sure the skies the limit for ol' Ed :wink:
It might work, I'm not sure. Are all games that are compatible with the classic controller compatible with the Gamecube controller too? I don't have a gamecube controller for testing.

But also, I would like it wireless because I plan on eventually having the Wii hooked up to my projector and I'll need wireless controllers for that setup.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
ArcadEd said:
Do you have a picture of the Wii classic controller?

Might be possible, I'm guessing it's wireless?
Dreemer or somebody, post a pic...

but...its wireless, sorta. the cord actually plugs into the WiiMote, and is then used like that. Its strange, but hey, its Nintendo.

Haha, sounds good.

Here are a few more MK sticks I just finished up for UMK users.

Using the artwork from here.

John sent in his own artwork for this one.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The classic controller is an SNES style pad with dual analog sticks and 4 shoulder buttons instead of 2. It plugs into the Wiimote so it isn't really wireless on it's own. It has a kind of short wire coming out but since it plugs into the Wiimote that doesn't really matter.

These guys hacked it to have LEDs under the analog sticks but they include some pics of the internals for it:
http://zedomax.com/blog/2007/03/23/wii-hack-wii-controller-led-mod/

ArcadEd said:
Haha, sounds good.

Here are a few more MK sticks I just finished up for UMK users.

Using the artwork from here.

John sent in his own artwork for this one.

awww shit my stick looks nice i just fucked up on the start man i should of put it white or black for the start and back damn

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Juts out of curiousosity (sp?)

Why the different colors for the other buttons? Looks odd. No offense, its a great looking stick, but that part is weird to me.

The other stick should be just the basic generic UMK3 stick. Looks like a mini UMK3 cab, hehe.

Tim Static said:

Why the different colors for the other buttons? Looks odd. No offense, its a great looking stick, but that part is weird to me.

The other stick should be just the basic generic UMK3 stick. Looks like a mini UMK3 cab, hehe.

yea i fucked up well it should of been just like the xbox bottons like this

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
Tim Static said:

It's like, if you had a button on the side to select "Compact View" that's what it'd turn into.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
SPIC UNIT said:
Tim Static said:

yea i fucked up well it should of been just like the xbox bottons like this

OK, got ya. I wasnt sure why the red, green, and yellow, hehe. Makes sense though