What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

McCarron

Noob
Sweet Dan Amrich reviewed that, he's a big arcade buff so that means he even knows what he's talking about. Congrats on the review!

LOL @ the, "Justice is served" section at the bottom.

Congrats on the review, Ed. I just hope you're not too overwhelmed by a rush of orders from the good press. Then again, I guess that's a good problem to have. :-D

Very cool post on the homepage. You all have been really great, and I'm looking forward to working together with the UMK.com team doing some fun stuff.

I appreciate all the feedback you all have given, and look forward to making sticks for many of you.

FYI, I will have a ps3 stick coming out very, very soon :). For those of you with just one next gen console.

I will also start selling psx/ps2, dreamcast, and possibly saturn sticks.

The response has been overwhelming. 9.5 from both gamertagradio.com and OXM are both great. However, I am most proud when I hear back from customers about how much they love their new arcade stick. That goes for Shock, and all of those that got a chance to try them out.

I would love to see some video of that 30 hour testing marathon :).

Thanks again,
Ed

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
I have to install an old piece of hardware on this comp from my other comp, so I'll take care of that asap, but that means I also need to find the software, then I'll be able to get vids up from the tournament. Right now there is a pic of me in the NEC8 thread holding one of the sticks on my lap playing against Crazy Domincan.

G

http://www.arcadeinabox.com is offering a $15 discount (equal to free shipping anywhere in the US) by using the code: UMKCOM during checkout.

Look for future possible promotions and contests here. We hope that some of the members here who have been anxious to get a UMK3 format stick will take advantage of this generous opportunity from ArcadEd.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
TY Ed for the UMKcom discount!! I will be placing my order by Monday :wink:

Also cant wait for the PS3 stick for my PS2 games and of course, MKII!

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
The sticks were tested by about a dozen players at NEC8 this year. They were great and everyone enjoyed them. I encourage anyone who wants a stick to buy one now because you're never going to get a better price than this for something so high quality.

Shock said:
The sticks were tested by about a dozen players at NEC8 this year. They were great and everyone enjoyed them. I encourage anyone who wants a stick to buy one now because you're never going to get a better price than this for something so high quality.
Cool, I guess I know what I'm spending xmas money on :p

dreemernj

Ambassador
Shock said:
And by tested he means they were smashed, handed around, and generally treated like arcade machines in arcade get treated. And their first real usage was 30 straight hours of abuse.

These things are built like tanks and they work perfectly.

I even hooked one up to my comp. No special nothing to get it working with MAME. I plugged it in, XP automatically installed some drivers, I booted MAME, and I used them. That simple.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
dreemernj said:
And by tested he means they were smashed, handed around, and generally treated like arcade machines in arcade get treated. And their first real usage was 30 straight hours of abuse.

Did you slop Pepsi syrup and nacho cheese on 'em to get that authentic arcade feel? :lol:

Tim Static said:
dreemernj said:

Did you slop Pepsi syrup and nacho cheese on 'em to get that authentic arcade feel? :lol:

yea so when you let go of the joystick it goes to the right by it's self
and hit HP and it sticks then it would be perfect.

jk :D

A good friend of mind is working on some new artwork for me. I'm going to have maybe 6-10 predone graphics that you can choose from for a cheaper price.

The custom option will still be available as well.

He does a lot of freehand drawing, so he is going to take some of the major chacters (Sub Zero, Scorpion) and hand draw them in his own style then color them in illustrator and add touchup in photoshop.

I thought it was time to have some premade artwork based on all the emails I get about them :).

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
ArcadEd said:
A good friend of mind is working on some new artwork for me. I'm going to have maybe 6-10 predone graphics that you can choose from for a cheaper price.

The custom option will still be available as well.

He does a lot of freehand drawing, so he is going to take some of the major chacters (Sub Zero, Scorpion) and hand draw them in his own style then color them in illustrator and add touchup in photoshop.

I thought it was time to have some premade artwork based on all the emails I get about them :).
I would def make sure he does at least 50% of them from the 2-D era MK. But none the less....

Hey Ed, could I email you the pic I want to use and could you tell me if it would work or what I need to do to it to make it work?